Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 18,132, Level: 41
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    candg4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    1,103
    Points
    18,132
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 146

    Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    The guy is the Lance Armstrong of baseball. He repeatedly denied any involvement or wrongdoing on his part, and now agrees to sit the rest of the season? Plus he screwed Matt Kemp out of an MVP award in 2011 when he beat an earlier charge.

    None of it sits right with me. If you want it to stop, you have to make the penalties severe enough to deter future infractions, like life-time bans. Give a couple of stars the boot, and the rest will see MLB means business. It is, after all, for their own good as well.


    If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!!

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 46,810, Level: 66
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,353
    Points
    46,810
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 767

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    The teams should absolutely have the ability to void contracts of cheaters.

    Gary Matthews Jr. was in Texas and put up great numbers. The Angels gave him a fat contract and then it was discovered he was on the juice.

    Gary Matthews cheated, cashed in, and got popped. His NON-PED production was awful and he was out of baseball, but the Angels had to pay his cheating *** for sitting home.

    Garbage



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,953, Level: 68
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 797
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,593
    Points
    48,953
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 1

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    It's too harsh. I say let them take PEDs if they want. If it makes the game more entertaining then the game is better for it. I mean they are just playin a game meant for entertainment and getting paid very well for it.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 51,581, Level: 70
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,837
    Points
    51,581
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Is 4 games for a nfl player who is on the juice not harsh enough?

    For comparison's sake...

    4 games in the nfl is 25%

    50 games in mlb is 31%

    65 games is 40% of a season

    People get mad at players when it is convenient for them to be. Many NFL players have gotten caught on PED's yet there is no outcry from fans to ban them from the game (maybe its because everyone feels that almost all NFL players are actually on something).

    What is also interesting is that Braun could've driven drunk and gotten caught many times, or beat his girl friend and many fans wouldn't have cared.

    I am disappointed as a brewers fan of him but at the end of the day it doesn't change my life in any manner that he isn't on the team for the rest of the year. I don't feel cheated by him.

    Yeah he lied but what is the difference between that and every presidential election?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 123,491, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,393
    Points
    123,491
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 400

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Heard LA's Skip Schumaker on Dan Patrick just now, really coming down hard on Braun and calling for a lifetime ban, that he makes him sick, etc. Then Patrick asked "but hey, your batting coach in LA is Mark McGwire, how do you feel about him?" Schumaker replied, "well, uh, Mark never really lied about it..." That's great, Skip!



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 626,950, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    24,417
    Points
    626,950
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,761
    Given: 9,022

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    It's too harsh. I say let them take PEDs if they want. If it makes the game more entertaining then the game is better for it. I mean they are just playin a game meant for entertainment and getting paid very well for it.

    SMH


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

    Weight lost 13 lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    A #2 with extra Arby's sauce?

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 248,173, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18,224
    Points
    248,173
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,669
    Given: 142

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    Is 4 games for a nfl player who is on the juice not harsh enough?

    For comparison's sake...

    4 games in the nfl is 25%

    50 games in mlb is 31%

    65 games is 40% of a season

    People get mad at players when it is convenient for them to be. Many NFL players have gotten caught on PED's yet there is no outcry from fans to ban them from the game (maybe its because everyone feels that almost all NFL players are actually on something).

    What is also interesting is that Braun could've driven drunk and gotten caught many times, or beat his girl friend and many fans wouldn't have cared.

    I am disappointed as a brewers fan of him but at the end of the day it doesn't change my life in any manner that he isn't on the team for the rest of the year. I don't feel cheated by him.

    Yeah he lied but what is the difference between that and every presidential election?
    The part where he ruined a collections guys career over his lying, and him stealing an MVP from Matt Kemp.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 9,721, Level: 29
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    150
    Points
    9,721
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    PEDs are more detrimental to the game than gambling. You know PEDs affect the outcome of games, you don't know that just because Rose bet on baseball that he affected the outcome of games. If Rose gets a lifetime ban for betting they should throw PED users out for life.

    I won't be happy until every time Bond's name is brought up in regard to his stats it's immediately followed by "of course he cheated so they don't really count). He can't be kicked out so take away from him what he wanted, fame.

    I'll climb down of my soapbox now.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 51,581, Level: 70
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,837
    Points
    51,581
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    Heard LA's Skip Schumaker on Dan Patrick just now, really coming down hard on Braun and calling for a lifetime ban, that he makes him sick, etc. Then Patrick asked "but hey, your batting coach in LA is Mark McGwire, how do you feel about him?" Schumaker replied, "well, uh, Mark never really lied about it..." That's great, Skip!
    Many players need to thank PED users for their current salaries. If it wasn't for artificially inflated salaries associated with PED users, many baseball players would be making much less money.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 51,581, Level: 70
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,837
    Points
    51,581
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    The part where he ruined a collections guys career over his lying, and him stealing an MVP from Matt Kemp.
    Did the collection guy do his job improperly? Just making sure that we aren't defending someone for doing his job improperly. Baseball has a specific set of actions that must occur with the testing process, if that process isn't followed then there is no reason to have it. Did braun need to drag the guy through the mud, no, but is it his fault the guy didn't follow all procedures to the T. nope.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 106,206, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,429
    Points
    106,206
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,345
    Given: 352

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Braun didn't just lie, he pushed the sample collector under a freight train. Baseball needs to do something about this garbage once and for all. I didn't used to care so much about players using PEDs, even A-rods obvious juicing, but this guy doesn't deserve to get paid to wear the uniform ever again. Too bad that'll never happen.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 145,518, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    6,119
    Points
    145,518
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 35

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    The teams should absolutely have the ability to void contracts of cheaters.

    Gary Matthews Jr. was in Texas and put up great numbers. The Angels gave him a fat contract and then it was discovered he was on the juice.

    Gary Matthews cheated, cashed in, and got popped. His NON-PED production was awful and he was out of baseball, but the Angels had to pay his cheating *** for sitting home.

    Garbage
    Could be wrong, but everything I've read recently about the PED suspensions has insinuated that the teams do not have to pay players who are suspended. I thought that was why all the Yankees fans are giddy at the prospect of A-Roid possibly getting a lifetime ban and thus saving their team from paying at least $86 million over the next 4 years.




  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 626,950, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    24,417
    Points
    626,950
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,761
    Given: 9,022

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by MntneerLegion View Post
    PEDs are more detrimental to the game than gambling. You know PEDs affect the outcome of games, you don't know that just because Rose bet on baseball that he affected the outcome of games. If Rose gets a lifetime ban for betting they should throw PED users out for life.

    I won't be happy until every time Bond's name is brought up in regard to his stats it's immediately followed by "of course he cheated so they don't really count). He can't be kicked out so take away from him what he wanted, fame.

    I'll climb down of my soapbox now.

    AMEN!


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

    Weight lost 13 lbs

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    A #2 with extra Arby's sauce?

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 327,210, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,394
    Points
    327,210
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 124

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    No the penalty is not stiff enough, the only way to curb PED use is to start handing out lifetime bans. Now with that being said I frankly don't care and will continue to watch and follow baseball closely.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 36,736, Level: 59
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,114
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    2,175
    Points
    36,736
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 526

    Re: Is Braun's Punishment Harsh Enough?

    Braun is garbage, listening to his speech from when he beat the last failed test is sickening.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM