Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 446,903, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    18,724
    Points
    446,903
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 85,096, Level: 90
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,096
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    love the overreaction in the article. should that have happened? no. but is this kid scarred for life and put in any real danger? I guess I missed the memo on the dangers of weed. especially when parents smoke tobacco and eat AWFUL food choices in front of children. the kid is at Burger King. that means their parents are subjecting the kid to far worse ingredients than weed. I guarantee that kid had no idea what it was and will have no prolonged effect about the incident. worst case scenario they figure out how to smoke it and continue to devour BK thanks to munchies. once again the employee shouldn't bring that to work, but what dude flippin burgers isn't smoking pot, honestly?


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 317,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    7,708
    Points
    317,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 222

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    That happy meal is Rabbuk approved.




  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 12,677, Level: 34
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MrOtter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    533
    Points
    12,677
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    love the overreaction in the article. should that have happened? no. but is this kid scarred for life and put in any real danger? I guess I missed the memo on the dangers of weed. especially when parents smoke tobacco and eat AWFUL food choices in front of children. the kid is at Burger King. that means their parents are subjecting the kid to far worse ingredients than weed. I guarantee that kid had no idea what it was and will have no prolonged effect about the incident. worst case scenario they figure out how to smoke it and continue to devour BK thanks to munchies. once again the employee shouldn't bring that to work, but what dude flippin burgers isn't smoking pot, honestly?
    "It's a sad situation when a 4-year-old is subjected to something like that," said Uhl. "It's dangerous." He said the 4-year-old was lucky his family was vigilant, or he could have inhaled the marijuana.

    The 4-year old could have inhaled the marijuana!?!?! Do you not see the danger!?!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 467,749, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,627
    Points
    467,749
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 321

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    Actually, I kind of see the point. Kids at that age are lazy enough. We don't need to be introducing them to substances that encourage further laziness.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 211,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,832
    Points
    211,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 767
    Given: 43

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    I mean I'm cool with adults doing whatever they want to their bodies as far as weed goes. However I'd never smoke(anything) in front a of a little kid or try to glamorize it. That being said with a company that big, **** happens this is kinda funny.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 160,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,529
    Points
    160,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 38

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I mean I'm cool with adults doing whatever they want to their bodies as far as weed goes. However I'd never smoke(anything) in front a of a little kid or try to glamorize it. That being said with a company that big, **** happens this is kinda funny.
    Yup same here. It's weed. Whatever. I encourage everyone who is "against" Marijuana to watch The Union!



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 69,729, Level: 81
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,250
    Points
    69,729
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 325

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOtter View Post
    "It's a sad situation when a 4-year-old is subjected to something like that," said Uhl. "It's dangerous." He said the 4-year-old was lucky his family was vigilant, or he could have inhaled the marijuana.

    The 4-year old could have inhaled the marijuana!?!?! Do you not see the danger!?!
    It's not like he included matches. It actually has the makings of a brilliant campaign. Buy your "happy" meal, get the munchies, repeat.


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 12,548, Level: 33
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RollsRoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    565
    Points
    12,548
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Not your usual "happy meal" toy

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    Yup same here. It's weed. Whatever. I encourage everyone who is "against" Marijuana to watch The Union!
    Have seen and I love that documentary!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM