Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Rewriting History (aka Spin)

Did anyone watch Fox News on Sunday?

Karl Rove was interviewed. Mr. Rove claimed that Congress rushed the vote on the Iraqi war over the administration’s objection.

Separately, Bill Clinton is claiming that he "opposed the war from the beginning."

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 47

Re: Rewriting History (aka Spin)

Both of those statements are out and out lies. I love politicians.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Speechless
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 66

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    Did anyone watch Fox News on Sunday?

Karl Rove was interviewed. Mr. Rove claimed that Congress rushed the vote on the Iraqi war over the administration’s objection.

Separately, Bill Clinton is claiming that he "opposed the war from the beginning."
    It was interesting that after Rove's comments that it was Congress rushing to vote on Iraq, that they showed that it was actually Bush pushing for Congress to vote for the Iraq resolution.

You should never use truth and Karl Rove in the same sentence.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Bill Clinton may be able to make the claim that he was against the war from the beginning. But Hillary can't.

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    It was interesting that after Rove's comments that it was Congress rushing to vote on Iraq, that they showed that it was actually Bush pushing for Congress to vote for the Iraq resolution.

You should never use truth and Karl Rove in the same sentence.
    Rove has never had much time for truth, but this time it was unusually ridiculous.

Bill Clinton may be able to make the claim that he was against the war from the beginning. But Hillary can't.
    B. Clinton is on record as being for the war. His words, his voice, and his lips moving in synchronization to those words. It is pretty indisputable.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 714
    Given: 1,455

Quote Originally Posted by iceclone View Post
    B. Clinton is on record as being for the war. His words, his voice, and his lips moving in synchronization to those words. It is pretty indisputable.
    Yep. IMO, he is the definition of a chicken hawk. Who is all 'for' the military in peace time but we can never use force that could be a tough drawn out fight.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Yep. IMO, he is the definition of a chicken hawk. Who is all 'for' the military in peace time but we can never use force that could be a tough drawn out fight.

- keep.
    Cheney is my definition of a chicken ****. Used about a half dozen deferments to get out of military service to this country. Definitely went out of his way to make sure he wouldn't get drafted.

Last edited by C.John; 12-03-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Bypassing language filter.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,456
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 64

Bill Clinton may be able to make the claim that he was against the war from the beginning.
    No he can't, he's on record.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Cheney is my definition of a chicken ****. Used about a half dozen deferments to get out of military service to this country. Definitely went out of his way to make sure he wouldn't get drafted.
    Stormin do you have an infatuation with Dick Chaney? Is Dick Chaney to blame for every major problem our country faces?

Last edited by keepngoal; 12-03-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,327
    Given: 925

After the debacle in Somalia (so bad they made a movie out of it) and the former Yugoslavia (tell me what possible interest we possibly could have had being in there and what all we actually did over there), I think Bill Clinton has no right to say anything about what's going on in Iraq.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    After the debacle in Somalia (so bad they made a movie out of it) and the former Yugoslavia (tell me what possible interest we possibly could have had being in there and what all we actually did over there), I think Bill Clinton has no right to say anything about what's going on in Iraq.
    But he will. It's his nature.

A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

A Man Is What He Does When It Counts

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,456
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 64

Stormin do you have an infatuation with Dick Chaney?
    Oh boy, here we go. I'm betting we'll see a reponse with lots of bolded words like "lie," "cheat," "florida debacle," "privacy," "oil," "Haliburton," "leak," "rich," "croonies," etc..

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Stormin do you have an infatuation with Dick Chaney? Is Dick Chaney to blame for every major problem our country faces?
    Never heard of Dick Chaney. Who is he? LOL Seriously, I have no more of an infatuation with Dick Cheney than the rest of you have with Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton was referred to as a chicken hawk. Fair enough. I referred to Dick Cheney as a chicken **** as evidenced by his numerous deferments to get out of military service and avoid the draft.

I don't blame Dick Cheney for every major problem our country faces. I do blame Dick Cheney for continuously lying to the American people about Iraq's role in 9/11. I do blame Dick Cheney for trying to mislead the American people to War with Iraq by making misleading statements and distorting facts and information (i.e. LYING). IMHO Cheney is the worst Vice President in the History of the United States as well as the most influential. GW Bush is the worst President in United States history.

Last edited by C.John; 12-03-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Language filter

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,327
    Given: 925

Never heard of Dick Chaney. Who is he? LOL Seriously, I have no more of an infatuation with Dick Cheney than the rest of you have with Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton was referred to as a chicken hawk. Fair enough. I referred to Dick Cheney as a chicken **** as evidenced by his numerous deferments to get out of military service and avoid the draft.

I don't blame Dick Cheney for every major problem our country faces. I do blame Dick Cheney for continuously lying to the American people about Iraq's role in 9/11. I do blame Dick Cheney for trying to mislead the American people to War with Iraq by making misleading statements and distorting facts and information (i.e. LYING). IMHO Cheney is the worst Vice President in the History of the United States as well as the most influential. GW Bush is the worst President in United States history.
    I wish people would get off this whole "worst President in history" thing, as it's simply not true. I'd argue that both Nixon and Hoover were much worse than Bush. Nixon had the whole Watergate scandal and the impeachment (something liberals could only dream would happen to Bush - but it's not going to happen), and although he didn't start the Vietnam War, his mismanagement of it and his failure bring the thing to a peaceful end really turned up the heat of the anti-war protests (plus the death of 60,000+ American soldiers in Vietnam compared to the 4,000+ in Iraq). Herbert Hoover only led us straight down the path from economic prosperity to the great depression (sure, the mechanisms were in place for the market to crash before Hoover was in office, but he gets the blame, much like Clinton gets the praise for the economy in the late '90s although it was due to the internet and e-commerce, and Bush gets the blame for the recession in the early '00s although 9/11 and cycling down from the artificial highs from the e-commerce boom were really to blame). Hoover and Nixon were much worse presidents than Bush has been. The difference is Hoover was president 80 years ago, Nixon 40. Nobody remembers how bad they really are. The problem with everyone who wants to spout that Bush is the "worst president ever" is that they don't realize there are likely MANY presidents that were likely much worse than Bush - but that fact means they can't spout their hate of the president in that way. I guarantee 20-40 years from now nobody's going to consider Bush to be the worst president ever simply because the fires of controversy and the irrationality that goes with it will have died down and we'll be dealing with the controversies of the presidents of that time. 20-40 years from now Bush is just going to be remembered as no worse than a former President of the United States.

Last edited by C.John; 12-03-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Edited quote for language.
    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm old enough to remember Nixon quite well and wouldn't include him on my worst list. Ditto for Hebert Hoover, even though I have to rely on historical archives to make such a judgement.

During my lifetime I'm convinced the worst award was "earned" by LBJ.