Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Nerd Nightmare

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 176,911, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,486
    Points
    176,911
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 80

    Nerd Nightmare

    Actually a pretty interesting article once you get past the urge to give the nearest geek a wedgie....


    Yahoo!



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,866
    Points
    607,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 158

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Eve Online is crazy. It's super cutthroat and some people take it really seriously. I personally have never played it, but I used to work with a guy who was into it. It always seemed like a lot of work.

    This is a good read about similar stuff. 2 of the 7 examples are from Eve Online:

    The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming | Cracked.com


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 212,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,860
    Points
    212,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 403

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    I'm so glad I never got into on-line gaming.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 64,960, Level: 79
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,490
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,156
    Points
    64,960
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 199

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Actually a pretty interesting article once you get past the urge to give the nearest geek a wedgie....


    Yahoo!
    I can't believe the geek didn't have his craft insured.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 733,082, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,619
    Points
    733,082
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 894

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Eve Online is crazy. It's super cutthroat and some people take it really seriously. I personally have never played it, but I used to work with a guy who was into it. It always seemed like a lot of work.

    This is a good read about similar stuff. 2 of the 7 examples are from Eve Online:

    The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming | Cracked.com
    Some of that stuff reminds me of my son. He spends half of his gaming time jacking around trying to get places you aren't suppose to get to, and doing things you're not supposed to be able to do. If you can imagine an online match with six guys repeatedly jumping off a building ledge for an hour straight, you get the idea.



  6. #6
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,866
    Points
    607,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 158

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Some of that stuff reminds me of my son. He spends half of his gaming time jacking around trying to get places you aren't suppose to get to, and doing things you're not supposed to be able to do. If you can imagine an online match with six guys repeatedly jumping off a building ledge for an hour straight, you get the idea.
    Did you ever play Crackdown with him? That was one of the best sandbox games of this generation. It was so much fun to just goof around and see what you could do. Grab a dumpster, line it with remote mines, then bury it under a pile of cars, trucks and explosive barrels. Get your partner to drive his car at the pile full speed, and then hit it with a rocket just as he makes impact. It was awesome just to try to see what you could accomplish. it was quite a lot.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 733,082, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,619
    Points
    733,082
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 894

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Did you ever play Crackdown with him? That was one of the best sandbox games of this generation. It was so much fun to just goof around and see what you could do. Grab a dumpster, line it with remote mines, then bury it under a pile of cars, trucks and explosive barrels. Get your partner to drive his car at the pile full speed, and then hit it with a rocket just as he makes impact. It was awesome just to try to see what you could accomplish. it was quite a lot.
    I'll have to look into that, as we never bought it.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 22,231, Level: 45
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Tri4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    601
    Points
    22,231
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 178

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Some of these guys would infiltrate other clans and establish themselves as moles...or better yet #1, setting himself up as a bank. ******* GENIUS!!! I don't think I would have the patience for something like that.


    "I'm not vain...I'm awesome" - Me

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 36,806, Level: 59
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    247cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill, KS
    Posts
    1,108
    Points
    36,806
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 11

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    LEEEEEEEERRRROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENNNNKINNNNNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 20,587, Level: 43
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    736
    Points
    20,587
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    when can we bring back stone and caining for stupitidy?? Now there's going to be lawyers and all that dog and pony show..........


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    http://jakeknott.ytmnd.com/

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 96,444, Level: 96
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,584
    Points
    96,444
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 801
    Given: 181

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Huh ?



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 103,957, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,236
    Points
    103,957
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 0

    Re: Nerd Nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieCyclone View Post
    when can we bring back stone and caining for stupitidy?? Now there's going to be lawyers and all that dog and pony show..........
    Put the paint can down and clean yourself up.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM