Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 2

Re: This never happens in baseball....

Quote Originally Posted by IbSvU View Post
    Omg! Not everyone likes the same sports with similar intensity?!?! Let's pointlessly argue!

Professional sports < college sports
    All can agree on that, right?
    FIXED IT.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Acylum View Post
    Somewhere, Aaron Hernandez is feeling better about himself.
    He shouldn't. These people mobbed the official, meaning very few, if any more than the one already arrested, will get caught.

Moral of the story: Brazilian soccer mobs, acting on sheer impulse, can execute a murder better than Aaron Hernandez when he plans it out.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't fully understand soccer, therefore it's not all that entertaining to me. I've been planning on picking up FIFA for my PS3 very soon, though. That's how I got into hockey a few years ago, and now there are few things I enjoy watching more than a good hockey game.

Baseball is still my favorite sport, at least when I'm at the ballpark. It doesn't work well on TV unless it's just an incredible game (see: Game 6 of the 2011 World Series). For one thing, I like watching all the little things that go on through the course of the game that the TV cameras pay no attention to (defensive players' routines between pitches, reading the defense and determining what kind of pitch a hitter should be looking for to find a hole, futilely trying to steal signs, etc.). I struggle to watch a game all the way through on TV (although I am a Cubs fan, so that could be because I know we're screwed once we go to the pen).

I like college football and basketball way more than the NBA or NFL, simply because I don't have any strong emotional investment in any professional team in those leagues. I watch the NBA and appreciate the caliber of play, but it doesn't usually get me excited until the postseason. The NFL just really doesn't do it for me; I watch individual players like RGIII more than anything.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I don't fully understand soccer, therefore it's not all that entertaining to me. I've been planning on picking up FIFA for my PS3 very soon, though. That's how I got into hockey a few years ago, and now there are few things I enjoy watching more than a good hockey game.
    If you like hockey you may well like soccer too. A coworker that had kids playing hockey claimed their understanding of the game flow translated really well to soccer. Both sports have constant movement and depend on players away from the ball/puck to move. Both have rules to limit long passes, icing and off sides.

One difference is the contact level. You can't check someone into the wall in soccer or have a mid game fight. If that's the part of hockey you like soccer may be a little too civilized.

Addict
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 737

Quote Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
    Time for the seventh inning stretch, time to join Harry Carry for a rousing rendition of, "Take me out to the ball game".... If that isn't your thing I guess you can chose not to sing. Same thing goes at a soccer game.

What makes all these games good is tradition, "the experience" and personal connections. They all have a different pace. I grew up playing baseball, basketball and football. My kids loves soccer and can't stand how slow baseball moves. After watching them play for 8+ years I enjoy watching soccer just as much as football but not quite as much as basketball. Baseball is fun to play but I can't watch it expect at the stadium. The ball game experience is great the game is sloooow.

So if you have never played the game and have no personal connections to it you have no reason to enjoy it. I get that. Do yourself a favor and realize that all the relationships experiences and history that makes one sport exciting to you makes other sports exciting for others. Ignorance of their ignorance is the plight of the ignorant. You are better than that Cubby.

The one thing I take out of the sad article from the OP is gratitude that we generally have rule of law and not mob rule.
    Sounds like my parents, they are from NE IA small towns where the winningest coach in hs baseball is from. Lots of history there but they too are flow blown soccer fans now and baseball doesn't touch a TV in the house unless someone falls asleep to sports center.

Addict
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 737

Quote Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
    If you like hockey you may well like soccer too. A coworker that had kids playing hockey claimed their understanding of the game flow translated really well to soccer. Both sports have constant movement and depend on players away from the ball/puck to move. Both have rules to limit long passes, icing and off sides.

One difference is the contact level. You can't check someone into the wall in soccer or have a mid game fight. If that's the part of hockey you like soccer may be a little too civilized.
    I can vouch for the soccer to hockey translation, I was instantly good at hockey when I started and it was my second favorite sport to play behind soccer but above basketball and football. I don't think people watch hockey for the fights just like they don't watch soccer for the riots. The sports are just good, constant action, and entertaining. I've given baseball plenty of chances, the sport just sucks.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,867
    Given: 4,193

Cubs preach on brother.

Last edited by CycloneRulzzz; 07-07-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,867
    Given: 4,193

Quote Originally Posted by IbSvU View Post
    Omg! Not everyone likes the same sports with similar intensity?!?! Let's pointlessly argue!

Professional sports > college sports
    All can agree on that, right?
    Nope.

CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    Sounds like my parents, they are from NE IA small towns where the winningest coach in hs baseball is from. Lots of history there but they too are flow blown soccer fans now and baseball doesn't touch a TV in the house unless someone falls asleep to sports center.
    Lansing?

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I can vouch for the soccer to hockey translation, I was instantly good at hockey when I started and it was my second favorite sport to play behind soccer but above basketball and football. I don't think people watch hockey for the fights just like they don't watch soccer for the riots. The sports are just good, constant action, and entertaining. I've given baseball plenty of chances, the sport just sucks.
    I definitely don't watch hockey for the fights. I love watching a good, hard check as much as the next guy, but I mostly look at the great passing plays to set up shot opportunities. For a long time in the video games, I was just the guy who spammed the 2-on-1 rush with a late centering pass across the crease. But now I move the puck around a lot and generate scoring chances from the point (both through slap shots and quick passes back into the slot for a cutter). And IMO, there's nothing more exhilarating than the few seconds before a player takes his shot on a breakaway.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    Cubs preach on brother. Everyone that enjoys soccer move to Europe. I'm proud to be American where we play REAL sports.
    Thinking like that is what turns people into tavern hawks. Here's an idea give us a list of your favorite things at least 100 long. Anybody that doesn't have a matching list has to move to Europe. btw when that's all done enjoy not having enough people left to play a game of football.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    it's not singing, that's like standing in Cyclone Alley and making noise, that's exactly what they are doing but with actually chants.

I'd rather go to a Barcelona/ Real Madrid/ Man United/Arsenal (favorite team, so doesn't count) over a Yankees game (Yankees fan). Difference on opinions.

If the game is a world series game, then i'd go to the baseball game, any other scenario it's obvious where I'd go.
    Forgot you were a Gunners guy Cash.

When we gonna get the Higuain deal done??

Twitter: @HBforTHREE

Dont worry about the horse being blind-- Just load the wagon.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 76

Oooooh. Fun......

Legend
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 1,118

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones26 View Post
    Forgot you were a Gunners guy Cash.

When we gonna get the Higuain deal done??
    yep, gunners fan.

if you go by the media, it's been done for a month and arsenal is just lazy.

Negotiating with Real Madrid is probably a pretty big challenge. I've always thought that the Higuain deal won't happen, reports are that Madrid is holding up for max money even though Higuain wants to go to Arsenal.

They also want Fellaini. I just don't see Arsenal spending even with a supposed 70 million to spend.

Probably get Sanogo and Grenier and that's it, typical Arsenal

**2014 CRZZZFFL REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION***

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 15

I would say the more surprising thing is the official stabbing a player to death. I think that while someone might not get mutilated in such a fashion in the US, I wouldn't be as surprised if someone shot an official who stabbed their kid.

***King of Diplomacy***

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,554
    Given: 277

Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    yep, gunners fan.

if you go by the media, it's been done for a month and arsenal is just lazy.

Negotiating with Real Madrid is probably a pretty big challenge. I've always thought that the Higuain deal won't happen, reports are that Madrid is holding up for max money even though Higuain wants to go to Arsenal.

They also want Fellaini. I just don't see Arsenal spending even with a supposed 70 million to spend.

Probably get Sanogo and Grenier and that's it, typical Arsenal
    Sanogo has looked really good for France in the U-20 World Cup games. The whole Higuain thing is strange, first it sounded like Arsenal was in direct contact with him which would indicate that a fee had been agreed upon with Madrid, then you hear reports that Madrid has rejected Arsenal's bid.