Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 202
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    USMNT - Gold Cup

    So this year's Gold Cup doesn't really mean anything. There's no spot in the Confederations Cup on the line; it's pretty much just for bragging rights. But it is interesting for US fans because it marks the return of Landon Donovan. Here's the 23 man roster for the competition...

    GOALKEEPERS (3)
    :Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

    DEFENDERS (8)
    : Corey Ashe (Houston Dynamo), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Malaga), Michael Orozco Fiscal (Puebla), Michael Parkhurst (FC Augsburg)

    MIDFIELDERS (7)
    : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Helsinborg), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Joshua Gatt (Molde FK), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jose Torres (Tigres)

    FORWARDS (5)
    : Will Bruin (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Club Tijuana), Jack McInerney (Philadelphia Union), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

    It's clearly not the US A-team (cue the music if you'd like), but there are some interesting names on there. I really hope JK gives McInerney some run to see how he does on the international stage. The US has one friendly tonight (Friday) against Guatemala at 10 pm central on NBC Sports Network. Then it's on to the group stage matches beginning on Tuesday next week.



  2. #2
    Prospect
    Points: 6,000, Level: 22
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    hawksuck75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Eugene,Oregon
    Posts
    66
    Points
    6,000
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    The 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners will have a playoff for a spot in the 2017 Confederations Cup.


    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    So this year's Gold Cup doesn't really mean anything. There's no spot in the Confederations Cup on the line; it's pretty much just for bragging rights. But it is interesting for US fans because it marks the return of Landon Donovan. Here's the 23 man roster for the competition...

    GOALKEEPERS (3)
    :Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

    DEFENDERS (8)
    : Corey Ashe (Houston Dynamo), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Malaga), Michael Orozco Fiscal (Puebla), Michael Parkhurst (FC Augsburg)

    MIDFIELDERS (7)
    : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Helsinborg), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Joshua Gatt (Molde FK), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jose Torres (Tigres)

    FORWARDS (5)
    : Will Bruin (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Club Tijuana), Jack McInerney (Philadelphia Union), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

    It's clearly not the US A-team (cue the music if you'd like), but there are some interesting names on there. I really hope JK gives McInerney some run to see how he does on the international stage. The US has one friendly tonight (Friday) against Guatemala at 10 pm central on NBC Sports Network. Then it's on to the group stage matches beginning on Tuesday next week.



    Go Dragons
    Go Clones
    Go Ducks

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by hawksuck75 View Post
    The 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners will have a playoff for a spot in the 2017 Confederations Cup.
    Well, crap. I completely missed that bit of information. So I guess there is something at stake in this year's tournament.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,615, Level: 89
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,170
    Points
    82,615
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 9

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Well, we beat Guatemala 6-0. Did anyone watch the match? I just caught a bit.




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 649,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,079
    Points
    649,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,680
    Given: 170

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Well, we beat Guatemala 6-0. Did anyone watch the match? I just caught a bit.
    I did, first half wasn't great, started really slow, played in the middle third the whole time. Then from the last 5 minutes of the 1st half until the end it was balls to the wall.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 6,000, Level: 22
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    hawksuck75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Eugene,Oregon
    Posts
    66
    Points
    6,000
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Any NW Clones going to the match on Tuesday in Portland? I went to the USA vs. Panama game in Seattle and it was rediculous.



    Go Dragons
    Go Clones
    Go Ducks

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Panama up 2-1 on Mexico in the 57th minute in the Rose Bowl. I just tuned in so i'm not sure how its gotten to this point, but Mexico is starting to apply lots of pressure on Panama's D. They haven't been able to get another goal yet though.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 121,139, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,262
    Points
    121,139
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 701

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Here are highlights from USMNT v Guatemala if anyone hadn't seen yet:



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 649,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,079
    Points
    649,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,680
    Given: 170

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Panama up 2-1 on Mexico in the 57th minute in the Rose Bowl. I just tuned in so i'm not sure how its gotten to this point, but Mexico is starting to apply lots of pressure on Panama's D. They haven't been able to get another goal yet though.
    I saw Panama scored a penalty in like the 8th minute to go up 1-0.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    This match certainly isn't over yet, but will Chepo make it through the Gold Cup if Mexico keeps getting meh results?



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 129,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Points
    129,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 0

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Two different idiots running onto the pitch in stoppage time.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Canada lost to Martinique? Yikes!



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 649,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,079
    Points
    649,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,680
    Given: 170

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Canada lost to Martinique? Yikes!
    On literally the last kick, it was incredible.




  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 76,045, Level: 85
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,652
    Points
    76,045
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 40

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Two different idiots running onto the pitch in stoppage time.
    Mexican soccer fans have not done their image any favors this week.

    Rival soccer fans brawl at Las Vegas match between Mexican teams*Chivas Guadalajara and Club America* - NY Daily News



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 73,903, Level: 84
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,729
    Points
    73,903
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 263

    Re: USMNT - Gold Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    On literally the last kick, it was incredible.

    That was a rip



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM