Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,567
    Given: 751

Mediacom is a joke

After switching away from their service bacause my bill went up 50%, they are doing everything they can to be a pain in my ***.

First, after verifying a couple weeks ago that I was no longer under contract, I called to cancel this week, only to be told that I still had a year left. After some terse words with this clown, I got them to admit their mistake.

Now, I have been without phone service all week because they refuse to port my phone number over because I am no longer their customer. In order to keep my number, they want me to call them and reconnect before they will port it.

What a ridiculous company.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 304

Re: Mediacom is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    After switching away from their service bacause my bill went up 50%, they are doing everything they can to be a pain in my ***.

First, after verifying a couple weeks ago that I was no longer under contract, I called to cancel this week, only to be told that I still had a year left. After some terse words with this clown, I got them to admit their mistake.

Now, I have been without phone service all week because they refuse to port my phone number over because I am no longer their customer. In order to keep my number, they want me to call them and reconnect before they will port it.

I had issues getting my cable and internet hooked up in my apartment a few weeks ago. When I set up the appointment, I clearly stated my address (in Des Moines). When the technician called to confirm I was home, I got a sinking feeling when I saw it was a 319 area code (for Cedar Rapids/Iowa City). Sure enough, the technician was in Cedar Rapids (and the street address wasn't even close to sounding like my Des Moines address, so I have no clue how they mixed that up).

Everything's good now, but that first weekend without internet or cable was pretty depressing. On the plus side, I won't have the same issue you're having with the phone line. I don't use a home phone, just my cell, so I could care less what my number is if/when I change providers.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Legend
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 1,435

I'm about to drop their cable service (but keep internet) and switch to Directv. I've already called them twice and verified that my 2 year contract is up on July 2nd. 100% guarantee they try to **** me over too.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 46

Did you try to get them to go back to the introductory rate? Our rate went up as well, and I'm debating on whether to try and get them to lower it again.

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,034
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,307
    Given: 1,509

I got brand new cable service with Mediacom a couple weeks ago, and the DVR already doesn't work.

Addict
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 83

You can always count on a mediacom thread to generate replies. It's second only to radio hosts/columnists in that way.

Starter
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 15

I hate Mediacom more than anybody, but you should always port your number out before you cancel.

Starter
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 27

dropped Mediacom last Thursday and just got Netflix for $8.00. Picking up Hulu soon to catch new shows. Kept Mediacom internet but were going to be adjusting that price ($65+) or well be leaving that for another provider soon.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    Did you try to get them to go back to the introductory rate? Our rate went up as well, and I'm debating on whether to try and get them to lower it again.
    No. I did that once already. Plus, our local company completed their fiber optic, so I went to 50 meg Internet for less money, and Internet was the reason I was with them. I'll have to subscribe to Cyclones TV again, but my saving more than covers that

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 307

Quote Originally Posted by JWIL4CY View Post
    I hate Mediacom more than anybody, but you should always port your number out before you cancel.
    True. I hate Mediacom with a passion and sympathize with the OP's situation, but you MUST port your number before cancelling. That's not a Mediacom thing, that's an everyone thing.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    True. I hate Mediacom with a passion and sympathize with the OP's situation, but you MUST port your number before cancelling. That's not a Mediacom thing, that's an everyone thing.
    I signed up with my new company a week before canceling. Mediacom kept dragging their feet on porting it , and finally, when they did give an answer for the delay, it was this one.

Walk On
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    I got brand new cable service with Mediacom a couple weeks ago, and the DVR already doesn't work.
    Had this happen as well with "whole home dvr" They have been to my house 5 times in the first 2 months. Mediacom sucks. period

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.

- Vince Lombardi

Excuses are nails used to build a house of failure!

Legend
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 1,435

Quote Originally Posted by Clonebydesign View Post
    dropped Mediacom last Thursday and just got Netflix for $8.00. Picking up Hulu soon to catch new shows. Kept Mediacom internet but were going to be adjusting that price ($65+) or well be leaving that for another provider soon.
    I'll gladly play 50-60 bucks for their internet. It's the best around here by far. If you want the 20-30mb service, Century Link is the exact same price and far inferior.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 51

Mediacom is the worst. Had them 3 years ago with the $99 bundle of cable, internet, and phone. The wife and I decided we never used the phone so we'd get HBO, Showtime, and some kids channels. We were gonna pay $30 more a month and not have phone. Mediacom customer service wouldn't budge on our contact. I even talked to some high up managers and offered to sign a new two year contract, and still nothing. They literally wouldn't let me pay them more money. At the end of the term we switched to DirectTV and didn't look back.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    When I was on Mediacom, they had to come out and switch out my cable box every six months because the DVR would quit working. Just said "You are not authorized for DVR" or some crap.

Sucks because everytime they do that and you get a new box all your recorded stuff is gone.

Directv has been a dream compared to what I had to deal with when I had MC.