Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Coaching Carousel

    Mike Price is the leading candidate to take over the Washington State football program? If Price were hired would this be breaking new ground? Has a former head college football coach left a program and then returned to coach that program at a later date?

    And Brian Kelly is listed as a candidate for how many head coaching jobs?
    Michigan
    Arkansas
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame


    Last edited by alaskaguy; 12-02-2007 at 12:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 92,461, Level: 94
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,190
    Points
    92,461
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

    Re: Coaching Carousel

    Since when is Notre Dame looking for a new coach? Also it is starting to look like a good move to not hire Kelly if he was just going to jump ship so quick.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    Since when is Notre Dame looking for a new coach? Also it is starting to look like a good move to not hire Kelly if he was just going to jump ship so quick.
    With our team I doubt he'd be a hot commodity with the record he would have had coaching us this past year.


    Go Cubs Go!

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 27,877, Level: 51
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,362
    Points
    27,877
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 5

    Re: Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    Mike Price is the leading candidate to take over the Washington State football program? If Price were hired would this be breaking new ground? Has a former head college football coach left a program and then returned to coach that program at a later date?

    And Brian Kelly is listed as a candidate for how many head coaching jobs?
    Michigan
    Arkansas
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Johnny Majors
    Johnny Majors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



  5. #5
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,586, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,024
    Points
    302,586
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 344
    Given: 728

    Re: Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    Mike Price is the leading candidate to take over the Washington State football program? If Price were hired would this be breaking new ground? Has a former head college football coach left a program and then returned to coach that program at a later date?

    And Brian Kelly is listed as a candidate for how many head coaching jobs?
    Michigan
    Arkansas
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Didn't John Robinson do this at Southern Cal? I am sure there are other examples, as Johnny Majors mentioned above...and of course Tom Osborne who was HC and now is interim HC.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 27,877, Level: 51
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,362
    Points
    27,877
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 5

    Re: Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Didn't John Robinson do this at Southern Cal? I am sure there are other examples, as Johnny Majors mentioned above...and of course Tom Osborne who was HC and now is interim HC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ro...football_coach)

    Good catch, I forgot about him



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM