Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

High level QB recruit

With the #1 receiver, a weapon like Mister, a stable of running backs, and a bunch of big boys coming in on the line, I would think if we are ever going to land a big time QB recruit, now is the time. But, I don't see any offers to any high level QB's right now? Anyone out there have any insight into any QB's we are looking at?

Pro
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 12

Re: High level QB recruit

We already have a couple incoming freshmen QB's, a redshirt Frosh QB, and a redshirt Soph QB

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,490
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 147

I think Rohach was a pretty good recruit. Give Sam a chance. If he can actually get protection from his line, he will be a good QB

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 197

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalaya View Post
    We already have a couple incoming freshmen QB's, a redshirt Frosh QB, and a redshirt Soph QB
    We take at least one QB from each class, and do not have one committed for this class. And none of our QB recruits have been nationally rated in a long time, if ever. Rohach is the highest rated high school QB on our roster at a 5.6 3 star. I think he is talking a little better than that.

Not to say our QBs we have now aren't or won't be good, just clarifying that if they are it will be more due to our coaches having great eyes for talent and their development of that talent vs our coaches being able to grab a highly coveted recruit at the most important position in the sport.

Normally we have a QB committed early in our classes, does anyone know who we have offers out to right now? It is still very early but the process gets earlier and earlier each year. We already have 10 commits, holy crap.

Rookie
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

To be VERY clear, I am not trying to belittle any current QB on the roster.

But this is a unique opportunity to get the kind of talent we haven't had since Seneca. The #1 receiver in the country with a couple of other weapons should attract some interest from a top 25 QB in my opinion. You usually take a QB in every class so I would think we would be picking one up this year regardless of what is on the roster.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 83

I doubt we get a QB commit in this class for two reasons. 1. There are really no "high level" QBs out there who have interest in ISU this year (that I have heard of anyways). 2. We have 4 scholarship QBs who are all young. rSO, rFR and 2 true freshmen. NEXT YEAR we will land a high rated QB who will break all of the school passing records!!!! :)

This is Ophion speaking.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 368
    Given: 651

Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseman View Post
    To be VERY clear, I am not trying to belittle any current QB on the roster.

But this is a unique opportunity to get the kind of talent we haven't had since Seneca. The #1 receiver in the country with a couple of other weapons should attract some interest from a top 25 QB in my opinion. You usually take a QB in every class so I would think we would be picking one up this year regardless of what is on the roster.
    You weren't coming off that way at all, in my opinion. I understand your point, and the way I think about it... I think it's going to take a combination of some momentum in recruiting and about 9 wins to turn a Top 25 type guy. Lazard and Mister show how much relationships matter, and I don't see ISU getting in on any guys at that level that have a bunch of relationships with other college coaches. But I may be selling Rhoads short....IDK.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 197

Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    I doubt we get a QB commit in this class for two reasons. 1. There are really no "high level" QBs out there who have interest in ISU this year (that I have heard of anyways). 2. We have 4 scholarship QBs who are all young. rSO, rFR and 2 true freshmen. NEXT YEAR we will land a high rated QB who will break all of the school passing records!!!! :)
    I would be shocked if we don't take a QB in this class. We always take at least one every class. Taking two last year (who are QBs for now, who knows who will stay there) doesn't preclude us from taking one this year.

Also, it is still VERY early in the process. These kids are two months from their first games as seniors.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    We take at least one QB from each class, and do not have one committed for this class. And none of our QB recruits have been nationally rated in a long time, if ever. Rohach is the highest rated high school QB on our roster at a 5.6 3 star. I think he is talking a little better than that.

Not to say our QBs we have now aren't or won't be good, just clarifying that if they are it will be more due to our coaches having great eyes for talent and their development of that talent vs our coaches being able to grab a highly coveted recruit at the most important position in the sport.

Normally we have a QB committed early in our classes, does anyone know who we have offers out to right now? It is still very early but the process gets earlier and earlier each year. We already have 10 commits, holy crap.
    I have a feeling we won't be taking one in this class. That's likely due to having two last year. I don't like this strategy, myself as I think you should have 5 scholarship QBs on scholarship at all times, but like you said, we usually have one fairly early. I'm not seeing it be a priority at this point, judging by offers and chatter. All that said, your oldest QB has 3 years left so it's not a huge deal right now.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 336

If we do take a QB for this class, it will be another athlete QB, who could play another position for us if needed. I'm ok with that.

Ill put any dollar that if I get this ball again, Long said, Its going in.
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

Starter
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

If the intentions of the offensive staff is to keep both Trevor Hodge and Joel Lanning at the QB position, then I would doubt that we pursue one for this recruiting class. Someone suggested that maybe the staff as going to look for a QB that is relatively unknown, but has a big senior season. Personally, I am hoping that they have high quality QB spotted in the 2015 class and are getting on him early.

On a side note... It would seem to me that there are indications that we may be incorporating the "pistol" into our offense (in a major way). Both Martinez Syria and Tommy Mister strike me as the type of RBs that a team would want when running out of the pistol. (These are different types of RBs than what has been brought in earlier by CPR.) If this is the case, and we are going more to running an offense out of the pistol formation, than we likely have as good a QB at running the pistol as can be found and that is Trevor Hodge. The guy is an excellent pistol QB.

Starter
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigsag View Post
    If the intentions of the offensive staff is to keep both Trevor Hodge and Joel Lanning at the QB position, then I would doubt that we pursue one for this recruiting class. Someone suggested that maybe the staff as going to look for a QB that is relatively unknown, but has a big senior season. Personally, I am hoping that they have high quality QB spotted in the 2015 class and are getting on him early.

On a side note... It would seem to me that there are indications that we may be incorporating the "pistol" into our offense (in a major way). Both Martinez Syria and Tommy Mister strike me as the type of RBs that a team would want when running out of the pistol. (These are different types of RBs than what has been brought in earlier by CPR.) If this is the case, and we are going more to running an offense out of the pistol formation, than we likely have as good a QB at running the pistol as can be found and that is Trevor Hodge. The guy is an excellent pistol QB.

I wholeheartedly agree with you in regards to Hodge. I've been thinking, all along, that he would become THE guy for the very reason that he can run the pistol as well as almost any HS QB I've seen. I guess only time will tell, but at some point, whoever it may be, I do believe we gotta stick with one guy and let him grow...even through his myriad of mistakes, for this program to take it to the next level.

Recruit
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

You usually want to take 1 QB per class. And Lanning could always switch to another position like LB. I like Hodge but we may not see him play until his senior year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Clones32 View Post
    You usually want to take 1 QB per class. And Lanning could always switch to another position like LB. I like Hodge but we may not see him play until his senior year.
    I think Hodge will most likely play another position, or we won't see him in a cyclone uniform. He's a v dry good athlete and should probably play some DB.

i guess we could always use him as a "Denard Robinson" type player, don't know if he's up for that though.

Lanning is a QB. Plain and simple. He is your Blake Bell with better passing. That is a great weapon to have.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Rookie
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    If we do take a QB for this class, it will be another athlete QB, who could play another position for us if needed. I'm ok with that.
    Mister is an athlete QB that will play another position. So that has already been done.