Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 260

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 569, Level: 6
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8
    Points
    569
    Level
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    With Iowa coming off one of their worst seasons in quite some time, and Iowa State coming off one of their better seasons, I kind of thought ISU would surpass Iowa on the recruiting trail. Doesn't appear that way so far though. Iowa is quietly putting together a decent class. ISU is too, but take away Lazard and ours is quite mediocre. Without Lazard we are likely quite a bit farther back in the rankings. (65-80 range) Wondering what others think about this class so far? Anyone worried that Lazard will get cold feet and bolt? It appears that his recruiting efforts in regards to the other in state kids have failed miserably at this point. Hope he sticks around!



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 132,597, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    FarminCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Right Over There
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    132,597
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 38

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    This doesn't look suspicious at all.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 138,744, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,345
    Points
    138,744
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 338

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    If you're gonna start a troll thread, at least put some effort in to it and make a few non-related posts first.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 154,362, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,424
    Points
    154,362
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 18

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblood View Post
    With Iowa coming off one of their worst seasons in quite some time, and Iowa State coming off one of their better seasons, I kind of thought ISU would surpass Iowa on the recruiting trail. Doesn't appear that way so far though. Iowa is quietly putting together a decent class. ISU is too, but take away Lazard and ours is quite mediocre. Without Lazard we are likely quite a bit farther back in the rankings. (65-80 range) Wondering what others think about this class so far? Anyone worried that Lazard will get cold feet and bolt? It appears that his recruiting efforts in regards to the other in state kids have failed miserably at this point. Hope he sticks around!
    Nice post. Good effort.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 179,530, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,761
    Points
    179,530
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 510

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    With a username like "Blackblood", you refer to Iowa State as "we"?




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 132,597, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    FarminCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Right Over There
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    132,597
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 38

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    With a username like "Blackblood", you refer to Iowa State as "we"?
    One step at a time, he is working on his troll form. He just got internet at the double wide after getting his settlement money from Olde Country Buffet.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,567, Level: 95
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,188
    Points
    94,567
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 528
    Given: 120

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    I will take kids from Florida, Texas and California any day of the week over kids from Iowa. But hey, at least you guys "own the state".



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    I will take kids from Florida, Texas and California any day of the week over kids from Iowa. But hey, at least you guys "own the state".
    This sums it up. Iowa may have some football talent, and I said "Some" but Florida, Texas and Cali are where the exciting talent comes from.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,799, Level: 95
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,251
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,782
    Points
    93,799
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 256

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    I assume his blood is black from the high levels of tar.



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 569, Level: 6
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8
    Points
    569
    Level
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Lol! No troll but that is cool. Guess no one has legitimate answer. I pull for all of the Iowa schools and it is a legitimate debate. If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they? UNI is always going to get what the other 2 schools dont want, but it is concerning that after a year like last year Iowa State had no interest at all from anyone other than a Cyclone legacy



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 124,792, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,651
    Points
    124,792
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 57

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblood View Post
    Lol! No troll but that is cool. Guess no one has legitimate answer. I pull for all of the Iowa schools and it is a legitimate debate. If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they? UNI is always going to get what the other 2 schools dont want, but it is concerning that after a year like last year Iowa State had no interest at all from anyone other than a Cyclone legacy
    I guess McCarney and Rhoads have proven 1 point let Ferentz get the Iowa kids and we just beat him at the only thing that matters, the actual game.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 426,006, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,710
    Points
    426,006
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 153

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblood View Post
    Lol! No troll but that is cool. Guess no one has legitimate answer. I pull for all of the Iowa schools and it is a legitimate debate. If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they? UNI is always going to get what the other 2 schools dont want, but it is concerning that after a year like last year Iowa State had no interest at all from anyone other than a Cyclone legacy
    It will take a year or two of beating the urine stains to change the dynamic of the state. If you are not a troll, then use some common sense.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 208,360, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,512
    Points
    208,360
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 103

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblood View Post
    If ISU cannot begin to take some of that recruiting momentum from Iowa now, when will they?
    How about we see what happens when Iowa doesn't continue to make a bowl game for the next five seasons. (Although, I don't think that happens).



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,332, Level: 61
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,461
    Points
    40,332
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 265

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    How about we see what happens when Iowa doesn't continue to make a bowl game for the next five seasons. (Although, I don't think that happens).
    They'll still talk about how good they were in 2009



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 14,915, Level: 37
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,134
    Points
    14,915
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 37

    Re: Iowa vs Iowa State recruiting 2013-2014?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    I assume his blood is black from the high levels of tar.
    Reply With Quote

    Pyrite and coal dust.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM