Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 15,436, Level: 37
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TheJackWePack5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA.
    Posts
    760
    Points
    15,436
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 30

    New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Just saw that the new heights and weights are updated at Cyclones.com

    Here are the new listings from Cyclones.com, as compared to what they were on Rivals. I found some of these interesting and thought i would share. Also my novice opinion below.

    Nigel Tribune: 5'10 179 , Rivals 5'11 175
    Kamari Syrie: 5'9 198, Rivals 5'10 190
    Trevor Hodge: 6'0 178, Rivals 6'2 190
    Joel Lanning: 6'2 235, Rivals 6'2 200
    Rodney Coe: 6'3 305, Rivals 6'3 275
    Kamari Cotton-Moya: 6'0 177, Rivals 6'1 185
    Aaron Wimberly: 5'9 173, 5'11 180
    E.J. Bibbs: 6'3 250, Rivals 6'3 250
    Brandon Harris: 6'0 178, Rivals 6'1 185
    Bryan Ajumobi: 6'1 204, Rivals 6'2 210
    D.A. Williams: 5'10 170, Rivals 5'10 170
    Brian Mills: 5'10 202, Rivals 5'11 195
    Justin Madison: 6'2 206, Rivals 6'2 210
    Tyler Brown: 5'10 168, Rivals 5'10 180
    Justin Webster: 6'0 208, Rivals 6'1 217
    Alton Meeks: 6'2 241, Rivals 6'3 240
    Jacob Homa: 6'4 295, Rivals 6'5 260
    J.D Waggoner: 6'2 232, Rivals 6'2 230
    Ryan Glenn: 6'4 277, Rivals 6'4 265
    Jake Campos: 6'7 260, Rivals 6'7 250
    Nick Severs: 6'3 258, Rivals 6'4 250
    Shawn Curtis: 6'5 279, Rivals 6'5 270
    Robby Garcia: 6'3 277, Rivals 6'4 252
    Alex Leslie: 6'5 235, Rivals 6'5 220
    Vernell Trent: 6'3 270, Rivals 6'4 255

    Alot of the guys are heavier than their Rivals listings (which i know aren't exact) but there are some surprises. A few that stood out to me were Coe weighing 305 (screams DT). Also, Lanning at 235 (huge for a Fr. QB), and Homa coming in on the OL already at 295.

    Tyler Brown and Trevor hodge will both have to put on some weight at RB and QB, but are both great athletes.

    Both WR already possess decent size. Alex Leslie shouldn't have to put on too much more at TE. (runs a 4.6 40 also)

    This OL class should be very good. Severs, Homa, and Glenn all seem to have OG frames, while Curtis and Campos look like tackles.

    Good sized DB's as seems to be the new trend. Syrie at 5'9 198, David Sims esque.

    LB's are all over 200 right now which is a good start.

    Waggoner, Vernell Trent and Robby Garcia also possess good size on the DL for Freshman (assuming 2 of the 3 move inside).

    Obviously i know most of these guys will pack on pounds in Yancy's program, but a lot of them were pleasant surprises for guys he's barely got ahold of. I always find it interesting to see where the begin, and how they develop.


    Last edited by TheJackWePack5; 06-19-2013 at 02:30 PM.

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 16,515, Level: 39
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    16,515
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 245

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackWePack5 View Post
    Just saw that the new heights and weights are updated at Cyclones.com

    Here are the new listings from Cyclones.com, as compared to what they were on Rivals. I found some of these interesting and thought i would share. Also my novice opinion below.

    Nigel Tribune: 5'10 179 , Rivals 5'11 175
    Kamari Syrie: 5'9 198, Rivals 5'10 190
    Trevor Hodge: 6'0 178, Rivals 6'2 190
    Joel Lanning: 6'2 235, Rivals 6'2 200
    Rodney Coe: 6'3 305, Rivals 6'3 275
    Kamari Cotton-Moya: 6'0 177, Rivals 6'1 185
    Aaron Wimberly: 5'9 173, 5'11 180
    E.J. Bibbs: 6'3 250, Rivals 6'3 250
    Brandon Harris: 6'0 178, Rivals 6'1 185
    Bryan Ajumobi: 6'1 204, Rivals 6'2 210
    D.A. Williams: 5'10 170, Rivals 5'10 170
    Brian Mills: 5'10 202, Rivals 5'11 195
    Justin Madison: 6'2 206, Rivals 6'2 210
    Tyler Brown: 5'10 168, Rivals 5'10 180
    Justin Webster: 6'0 208, Rivals 6'1 217
    Alton Meeks: 6'2 241, Rivals 6'3 240
    Jacob Homa: 6'4 295, Rivals 6'5 260
    J.D Waggoner: 6'2 232, Rivals 6'2 230
    Ryan Glenn: 6'4 277, Rivals 6'4 265
    Jake Campos: 6'7 260, Rivals 6'7 250
    Nick Severs: 6'3 258, Rivals 6'4 250
    Shawn Curtis: 6'5 279, Rivals 6'5 270
    Robby Garcia: 6'3 277, Rivals 6'4 252
    Alex Leslie: 6'5 235, Rivals 6'5 220
    Vernell Trent: 6'3 270, Rivals 6'4 255

    Alot of the guys are heavier than their Rivals listings (which i know aren't exact) but there are some surprises. A few that stood out to me were Coe weighing 305 (screams DT). Also, Lanning at 235 (huge for a Fr. QB), and Homa coming in on the OL already at 295.

    Tyler Brown and Trevor hodge will both have to put on some weight at RB and QB, but are both great athletes.

    Both WR already possess decent size. Alex Leslie shouldn't have to put on too much more at TE. (runs a 4.6 40 also)

    This OL class should be very good. Severs, Homa, and Glenn all seem to have OG frames, while Curtis and Campos look like tackles.

    Good sized DB's as seems to be the new trend. Syrie at 5'9 198, David Sims esque.

    LB's are all over 200 right now which is a good start.

    Waggoner, Vernell Trent and Robby Garcia also possess good size on the DL for Freshman (assuming 2 of the 3 move inside).

    Obviously i know most of these guys will pack on pounds in Yancy's program, but a lot of them were pleasant surprises for guys he's barely got ahold of. I always find it interesting to see where the begin, and how they develop.

    Nice write-up. Very interesting info. Thanks for the bit of research put into it.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 270,830, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19,920
    Points
    270,830
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,478
    Given: 163

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Went to the doctor for a physical today. 6'1" 162. Idk what rivals has me listed at.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 49,196, Level: 68
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,818
    Points
    49,196
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 224

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    I'm liking the numbers on a lot of the linemen (both O and D) toward the bottom, but then have to think it may not be all "good weight" hopefully that isn't the case though.

    Really like the Leslie is up to 235, he could probably get up to the 250-260 range with his lean frame and keep speed. Trent's size is also a nice sign.

    Go get 'em Yancy!!



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,794, Level: 82
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    2020cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,317
    Points
    70,794
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 761

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Looks like quite a few got a little shorter also.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 22,251, Level: 45
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Nuts4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    730
    Points
    22,251
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 284

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Went to the doctor for a physical today. 6'1" 162. Idk what rivals has me listed at.
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor and rivals listed you as malnourished



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,703, Level: 90
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    azepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,964
    Points
    84,703
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 128

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor and rivals listed you as malnourished



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 276,556, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,697
    Points
    276,556
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,456
    Given: 2,245

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor and rivals listed you as malnourished
    Creepiness Factor: off the charts


    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    An extra point is 20yds there Einstein

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,588, Level: 95
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,462
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,178
    Points
    93,588
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 794
    Given: 76

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor
    i don't think anyone with "nuts" as their name should make these types of jokes



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 45,509, Level: 65
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    isuska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,602
    Points
    45,509
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,173
    Given: 784

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor and rivals listed you as malnourished
    easily the creepiest typo I have seen in a long time



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 362,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    21,713
    Points
    362,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,081
    Given: 4,713

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    At 6'1" 162 LBS I'm willing to be your doctor and rivals listed you as malnourished
    So, are you missing a t in there or are you just really creepy?



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 15,670, Level: 38
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    liljones13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    379
    Points
    15,670
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 19

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Well while we are at it.. 6'1 a hard 215 lbs. *Ding*



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 61,993, Level: 77
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,257
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,337
    Points
    61,993
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 151

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by liljones13 View Post
    Well while we are at it.. 6'1 a hard 215 lbs. *Ding*
    I'm willing to be your doctor.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 49,870, Level: 69
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,280
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,090
    Points
    49,870
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 193

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Do we know if Lanning is staying at QB? Or could he be used in a Belldozer type package?



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 17,819, Level: 40
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cyclonic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sun City, AZ
    Posts
    1,350
    Points
    17,819
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 803

    Re: New 2013 Class updated heights and weights

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Looks like quite a few got a little shorter also.
    Too many showers.









    I realized that we are just tough young men. Resilient, really, Morris adds. A lot of people probably would have tucked their tail and tried to make moves but this group stuck together. Everybody is on the same page and that really told me a lot about the type of season we can have.
    W
    hoever steps in, we can still do something special.
    We're super-talented, no matter what. We can do something special next year."
    Matt Thomas 5/2015

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM