Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

Earphones/Earbuds that are Bluetooth and noise-canceling

I have the Plantronics BackBeat 903+ and am not a fan. They are not noise canceling and the Bluetooth on them isn't good. I can't have my phone in my pocket without it skipping a bunch. Wife has a pair with a similar issue. I have a Plantronics phone headset (Voyager Legend) without any of those issues.

I'm looking for a good set I can depend on with noise canceling. One if the main uses will be when I am mowing. Hate blasting my ears with earbuds that don't noise cancel just to hear the music. By noise canceling, I mean the in-ear fit is snug and doesn't allow other sound in. Have a wired pair but they keep falling out when the cord gets caught/pulled.

I've done some searches and can't seem to find a good product. Looking for recommendations.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 06-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 66

Re: Earphones/Earbuds that are Bluetooth and noise-canceling

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 158

I have these and love them: LG Mobile HBS-700 Stereo Bluetooth Headset Neckband Style Headset

I like being able to only put one ear in at a time or both for times when I'm working out or mowing. I used these while framing my basement. Listening to music, answer calls, all while protecting my ears from the .22 caliber blast nails and nail gun. They are so comfortable that I usually forget they are sitting on my neck. My wife and friends will give me crap when they see me wearing them at odd times. I can lay on the pillow and plug my ears with these and roll on my side without knowing there in there.

They aren't necessarily noise cancelling, but noise reduction. The big downside for me is that they plug up the ear so much you hear the internal noise from your breathing and stuff. But you don't notice when you are playing music. I went to Wal Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc and bought a few sets and tried them all for a couple of weeks before picking these. If you are curious, you could do that.

I can leave my phone in my upstairs office and go down to the kitchen and still hear fine. If I get around my fridge it may start cutting out or garbling a little bit. The problem with this is that this particular version doesn't have the mute on the headset. I think the next version has that ability and audio telling you the battery life when you start up.

Last edited by stateofmind; 06-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 185

While a little off topic, does anybody know of a doorbell type thing that can plug into headphones and alert me when pressed? I'm a two bud guy at work, usually with the music/podcast loud to block out distractions around me.