Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Calling it.

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 75,530, Level: 85
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    6,013
    Points
    75,530
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 559
    Given: 0

    Calling it.

    Iowa State wins a Big12 Title and BCS Bowl game in the next five years if CPR, Wally, Yancy, and Klenakis are still here.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 21,525, Level: 44
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    baller1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    858
    Points
    21,525
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 12

    Re: Calling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    Iowa State wins a Big12 Title and BCS Bowl game in the next five years if CPR, Wally, Yancy, and Klenakis are still here.



    Last edited by baller1; 06-12-2013 at 01:21 AM.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,138, Level: 82
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,776
    Points
    71,138
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 141

    Re: Calling it.

    I'm calling you are going to end up in an insane asylum



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 349, Level: 3
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    32
    Points
    349
    Level
    3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Calling it.

    Well it would end the 101 year drought of conference titles.....



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 376,110, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    15,531
    Points
    376,110
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,276
    Given: 1,380

    Re: Calling it.

    I'm calling...horse ****...in 5 years if it doesn't happen, no one will ever remember this post. If it does happen, you can pull it up and say you called it. So no negative repercussions if you're wrong, but positive ones if your right.

    In that case, I call:

    ISU will win the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament in the next 5 years

    ISU will bring back baseball and go to the college world series in the next 10 years

    Gene Chizik will secret leak a 'sex tape' in the next 5 years to try and regain some relevance.

    Kirk Ferentz will board a starship to mars just for the heck of it within the decade.

    Snowcraig will forget his kids at school at least once per year until they're old enough to drive they own ***.

    I will drink a beer that I don't enjoy

    Kim Kardashian will be on a weight watchers commercial in 3 years or less, and Kanye will dump her when she loses the 'donk. (wait, that one's plausible...)

    Hayden Fry will be reanimated from the dead to bring the Iowa football program back to relevance (most likely when Kirk goes all 'major tom')

    NCAA football will be disbanded and re-introduced as an arena league style feeder program to the NFL and the cyclones will be forced to change their name to the barnstormers and be tied to the browns...thus solidifying our position at the bottom of the pile...I'll give that a decade.

    Steve Deace will write an article in the next 7 years that is universally lauded and praised by cyclone fans.

    I could go on, but I hate to take all the good ones.

    Rusty...I admire your positivity...but I gotta bust your balls for all upside, no downside.





  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 320,358, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,816
    Points
    320,358
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,764
    Given: 2,171

    Re: Calling it.

    have it in my sig, shall bring it up in 5 years.


    Cy$ Post of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by CyVik7 View Post
    I just wasted my time reading through 8 pages of crap and speculation....

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 80,926, Level: 88
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,024
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,630
    Points
    80,926
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 295

    Re: Calling it.

    In 2016 Fred Hoiberg will be elected part-time President of the United States. And he will name Chris Williams as his Chief of Staff.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 177,450, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    14,320
    Points
    177,450
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,325
    Given: 1,704

    Re: Calling it.

    I wish it was only your poor track record on predictions that caused me to doubt this.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 78,136, Level: 86
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,591
    Points
    78,136
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 591

    Re: Calling it.

    Adam Woodbury will be the #1 overall pick and dominate the NBA from day 1. ****, I can't do this........



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 39,125, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,225
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,119
    Points
    39,125
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: Calling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Adam Woodbury will be the #1 overall pick and dominate the NBA from day 1. ****, I can't do this........
    Wasn't he the #1 pick this year? I thought he was a one and done talent.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 298,908, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,388
    Points
    298,908
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,446
    Given: 492

    Re: Calling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    I'm calling...horse ****...in 5 years if it doesn't happen, no one will ever remember this post. If it does happen, you can pull it up and say you called it. So no negative repercussions if you're wrong, but positive ones if your right.

    In that case, I call:

    ISU will win the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament in the next 5 years

    ISU will bring back baseball and go to the college world series in the next 10 years

    Gene Chizik will secret leak a 'sex tape' in the next 5 years to try and regain some relevance.

    Kirk Ferentz will board a starship to mars just for the heck of it within the decade.

    Snowcraig will forget his kids at school at least once per year until they're old enough to drive they own ***.

    I will drink a beer that I don't enjoy

    Kim Kardashian will be on a weight watchers commercial in 3 years or less, and Kanye will dump her when she loses the 'donk. (wait, that one's plausible...)

    Hayden Fry will be reanimated from the dead to bring the Iowa football program back to relevance (most likely when Kirk goes all 'major tom')

    NCAA football will be disbanded and re-introduced as an arena league style feeder program to the NFL and the cyclones will be forced to change their name to the barnstormers and be tied to the browns...thus solidifying our position at the bottom of the pile...I'll give that a decade.

    Steve Deace will write an article in the next 7 years that is universally lauded and praised by cyclone fans.

    I could go on, but I hate to take all the good ones.

    Rusty...I admire your positivity...but I gotta bust your balls for all upside, no downside.
    Quick...everyone set up an outlook calendar notification for x-mas 2017 so we can evaluate this thread!



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,980, Level: 76
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,144
    Points
    60,980
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 569

    Re: Calling it.

    I'd say the the Kim K prediction is a sure thing or at least most of it.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,077, Level: 91
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Die4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,702
    Points
    86,077
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 914
    Given: 923

    Re: Calling it.

    We've been hanging on to the bottom rung of Big 12 bowls and our bowl selection this past season was a gift.

    ISU will have to get to the Alamo Bowl or higher in the picking order before BCS games even enter the conversation.

    But I really hope you're right and I am not!



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 32,151, Level: 55
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CykoAGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    1,693
    Points
    32,151
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 187

    Re: Calling it.

    The BCS probably wont even be around in five years.

    I dont totally disagree that we could potentially win the conference, not very likely but it could happen. If a year like 2013 when the conference is wide open comes up and ISU happens to have a team that can contend it could happen.

    I mean there are 3-4 teams that could legitimately win the conference this year (we are not one of them) so if the stars align again in the next 5 years I could see it happening.


    “It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 49,177, Level: 68
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Points
    49,177
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 98

    Re: Calling it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM