Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 667
  1. #631
    Speechless
    Points: 233,064, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,214
    Points
    233,064
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 1,024

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    I'm glad actually. My least favorite plot development in the books. From what the writers have been saying, they appear to agree with me and don't want to bring her back as a zombie that kills people.

    Big question is... what will happen with Brienne/Jamie plot now? If only George would finish that damn book, we'd know by now.



  2. #632
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,885, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,065
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    41,885
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 437
    Given: 589

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Stoneheart is a confusing character. Lord Beric was transformed into the lightning lord and we see how a god or higher power may intervene to make him a tool for justice. Lady Stoneheart is only in it for revenge and seems to be twisted into hating everyone. Also, albeit a corpse she is alive and the Lady of Winterfell. For the television viewer this may be too confusing. You expect to see Catelyn and you get a monster. A monster who is hiding in the woods. That's not really Catelyn's style. She'd more likely stroll up to the gates of Riverrun or Winterfell.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  3. #633
    Rookie
    Points: 15,478, Level: 37
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ISUKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    446
    Points
    15,478
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 106

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    I'm wondering what leaving her out of the show means for her actual impact in the books. Maybe she's just out for next season until she actually does something of more importance in the books and then comes in a later season... Just spitballing



  4. #634
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 645,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25,501
    Points
    645,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,143
    Given: 392

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatllDoCy View Post
    Stoneheart is a confusing character. Lord Beric was transformed into the lightning lord and we see how a god or higher power may intervene to make him a tool for justice. Lady Stoneheart is only in it for revenge and seems to be twisted into hating everyone. Also, albeit a corpse she is alive and the Lady of Winterfell. For the television viewer this may be too confusing. You expect to see Catelyn and you get a monster. A monster who is hiding in the woods. That's not really Catelyn's style. She'd more likely stroll up to the gates of Riverrun or Winterfell.
    That's why I found the story arc to be so interesting. A big theme of ASOIAF is transformation. Jaimie transforming from someone you hate to someone you root for. Arya from little girl to assassin. Sansa going from whiny and annoying in King's Landing to whiny and annoying in the Eyrie. Dany/Jon/the Hound etc.

    Catelyn's character has basically lost everything she loved. And as Lady Stoneheart, she transforms from sympathetic, grieving mother to revenge incarnate. Good to evil. There's a ton of potential there for her as an antagonist.


    Last edited by Mr Janny; 06-27-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  5. #635
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,885, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,065
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    41,885
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 437
    Given: 589

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    That's why I found the story arc to be so interesting. A big theme of ASOIAF is transformation. Jaimie transforming from someone you hate to someone you root for. Arya from little girl to assassin. Sansa going from whiny and annoying in King's Landing to whiny and annoying in the Eyrie. Dany/Jon/the Hound etc.

    Catelyn's character has basically lost everything she loved. And as Lady Stoneheart, she transforms from sympathetic, grieving mother to revenge incarnate. Good to evil. There's a ton of potential there for her as an antagonist.
    You make a really good point about the transformation. It is going to depend on how Martin develops her. I am rereading now so maybe a second time through will get me on board with Lady Stoneheart.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  6. #636
    Speechless
    Points: 233,064, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,214
    Points
    233,064
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 1,024

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKing View Post
    I'm wondering what leaving her out of the show means for her actual impact in the books. Maybe she's just out for next season until she actually does something of more importance in the books and then comes in a later season... Just spitballing
    She's been in parts of 2 chapters total (really just the reveal at the end of the SOS prologue). So very minor, but she is the driver behind Jamie and Brienne meeting again.. that can be easily fixed. But I always thought something big was coming when they all three meet up next book. I am guessing she won't have a huge role going forward.

    Brienne running into the Hound instead of her was a good change, in my view.



  7. #637
    Addict
    Points: 145,518, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    6,119
    Points
    145,518
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 35

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneIce View Post
    She's been in parts of 2 chapters total (really just the reveal at the end of the SOS prologue). So very minor, but she is the driver behind Jamie and Brienne meeting again.. that can be easily fixed. But I always thought something big was coming when they all three meet up next book. I am guessing she won't have a huge role going forward.

    Brienne running into the Hound instead of her was a good change, in my view.
    You never know, they could conceivably have the same plot without requiring Lady Stoneheart and instead just have Brienne captured by the Brotherhood (and then used to capture Jaime). Guess it kind of depends how everything shakes out between them in Book 6.




  8. #638
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,885, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,065
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    41,885
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 437
    Given: 589

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    The twist that she has to bring Jaime to her is such a clever twist to the story. Martin will not let anyone live a life with honor and without breaking a vow.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  9. #639
    Legend
    Points: 148,863, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,722
    Points
    148,863
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 337

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Not sure if this has been posted. Possible spoiler (in theory)

    http://mashable.com/2014/07/16/game-...m-fb-main-link



  10. #640
    Pro
    Points: 63,090, Level: 77
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,311
    Points
    63,090
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 123

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Just saw this. Mild possible spoiler.

    http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/grrm-...witter_vulture



  11. #641
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 538,218, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,974
    Points
    538,218
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,669
    Given: 7,101

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by mapnerd View Post
    Just saw this. Mild possible spoiler.

    http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/grrm-...witter_vulture
    Aw, that's too bad.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  12. #642
    Pro
    Points: 63,090, Level: 77
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,311
    Points
    63,090
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 123

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    That's great and all, but where the hell did he disappear off to then?



  13. #643
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 538,218, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,974
    Points
    538,218
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,669
    Given: 7,101

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by mapnerd View Post
    That's great and all, but where the hell did he disappear off to then?
    I wonder if he'll show back up? I can't imagine under what context, though.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  14. #644
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,885, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,065
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    41,885
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 437
    Given: 589

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I wonder if he'll show back up? I can't imagine under what context, though.
    I'm thinking he may be a prisoner of the whites. If the King of the White Walkers is the Stark that fell in love with the White Walker. Can't recall his name. Maybe he is holding Benjen or is converting him into walker.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

  15. #645
    Pro
    Points: 51,546, Level: 70
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Firefighter4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Stuart
    Posts
    2,095
    Points
    51,546
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 655
    Given: 1,424

    Re: Games of Thrones Book Thread (With Spoilers)

    Seeing this thread pop up to the front page made me start jonesing for the next book bad!


    .wife {
    right: 100%;
    margin: 0%;
    }

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM