Grandstaff Visiting in August - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 166 to 179 of 179
  1. #166
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,588, Level: 91
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,862
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    4,794
    Points
    85,588
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 975
    Given: 520

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    I love fan bases. Rashad Vaughn drags us through the mud for 4 years and we hate him for it. Grandstaff pulls the trigger and commits to someone else and now he didn't give anyone a chance. Unreal.
    Not to mention that Vaughn left it really, really, late in comparison.


    Last edited by Gunnerclone; 05-05-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    Rhoads out!

  2. #167
    All-Star
    Points: 15,162, Level: 37
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Points
    15,162
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    I'm not trying to sound like 'sour grapes', as I don't think this kid was going to ever consider ISU again or he would have taken his visit last year. But, I also don't blame some posters on here for some of their dislike for a player tweeting just a few days ago..."just got off of the phone with my man Fred Hoiberg". Now, can coaches and players talk without it meaning anything? Sure. Can a player tweet about all the attention and schools who have offered and called? Sure. But, I think saying specifically "my man" Fred Hoiberg was laying it on a little thick for a guy who commits 3 days later to another school. As if he has to tell the whole world that he was important enough to be called by "the man Fred". Idk. Matta getting a haul on these first visits. Is it just him, playing time, other perks???? Obviously I know Ohio State has great basketball tradition, too.



  3. #168
    Speechless
    Points: 260,620, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,190
    Points
    260,620
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 751

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Cy fans are *******. OK, I guess that applies to other schools as well. A teenager turns them down and they turn into babies with soiled diapers. It's fascinating, entertaining, and predictable.



  4. #169
    Rookie
    Points: 8,925, Level: 28
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa City, IA Clone fan!
    Posts
    364
    Points
    8,925
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 40

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Grandstaff does say specifically in this article that at Ohio State, "there was a need for me". That coupled with all of the attention Ohio State brought Aaron Craft and I don't doubt why he's going there. Does Iowa State NEED him? That's debatable. Sure you can find a spot for a guy with his skill set but he also plays a position that we have loaded for the next two years.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...me_here_-.html



  5. #170
    Legend
    Points: 220,997, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,501
    Points
    220,997
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 399
    Given: 459

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Yeah I actually applaud the kid for not draggin all these coaches along. He saw his chance to play for a top program and took it. Now we don't have to keep recruiting him and waste our time and effort. Yeah his dad is involved. He is involved because he don't want his kid to be screwed around. My nephew is a 6'4 inch point guard in 8th grade and is getting looks right now. My brother will be heavily involved in his recruitment. It's not because he is a diva. It's because he wants the best for his son.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  6. #171
    All-Star
    Points: 15,162, Level: 37
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,156
    Points
    15,162
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Nation View Post
    Grandstaff does say specifically in this article that at Ohio State, "there was a need for me". That coupled with all of the attention Ohio State brought Aaron Craft and I don't doubt why he's going there. Does Iowa State NEED him? That's debatable. Sure you can find a spot for a guy with his skill set but he also plays a position that we have loaded for the next two years.

    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...me_here_-.html
    At what position are we "loaded" for the next two years? If so, why are we recruiting Cooke? Not disagreeing with you at all that Ohio State has a need and yes, we have several guards, but I think we still would have taken Grandstaff if it could have happened. Ohio State has alot of good 2014 recruits coming in. They must have really sold Grandstaff that he was their only elite shooting guard. As they did Lee for next season...and the Virginia transfer 7 footer..and ... Matta needless to say has had a fruitful recruiting period post-Craft.



  7. #172
    All-Star
    Points: 35,575, Level: 58
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,075
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,485
    Points
    35,575
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 122

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Exactly. Grandstaff seems like the exact opposite of a Diva. His dad may be heavily involved, but many parents get actively involved in helping their kid choose a college to attend, athlete or not.

    He has committed twice. Both on visits. Zero press conferences, zero tables full of hats, zero skype drama.

    This proves you can never satisfy all people. The kid never even came to Ames or gave any indication that he was even seriously considering us so I'm not sure why he's branded a diva.
    If ISU recruits a player, you can rest assured that he falls into one of 3 categories:

    1. Those who ultimately choose ISU (brilliant, heroic, likely to cure cancer ... all-around great Americans)
    2. Those who give ISU serious consideration, but ultimately choose another school (f***ing DIVAS!!! and most likely paid under the table)
    3. Those who choose another school without giving ISU serious consideration (Two subcategories: (1) complete f***ing idiots!!!, or (2) wussies who are afraid to compete for playing time)

    It's really quite simple.



  8. #173
    Speechless
    Points: 407,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,070
    Points
    407,969
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 607

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by allfourcy View Post
    At what position are we "loaded" for the next two years? If so, why are we recruiting Cooke? Not disagreeing with you at all that Ohio State has a need and yes, we have several guards, but I think we still would have taken Grandstaff if it could have happened. Ohio State has alot of good 2014 recruits coming in. They must have really sold Grandstaff that he was their only elite shooting guard. As they did Lee for next season...and the Virginia transfer 7 footer..and ... Matta needless to say has had a fruitful recruiting period post-Craft.
    It seems like you pursue 20 recruits to fill two slots.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  9. #174
    Rookie
    Points: 8,925, Level: 28
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa City, IA Clone fan!
    Posts
    364
    Points
    8,925
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 40

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Yeah I actually applaud the kid for not draggin all these coaches along. He saw his chance to play for a top program and took it. Now we don't have to keep recruiting him and waste our time and effort. Yeah his dad is involved. He is involved because he don't want his kid to be screwed around. My nephew is a 6'4 inch point guard in 8th grade and is getting looks right now. My brother will be heavily involved in his recruitment. It's not because he is a diva. It's because he wants the best for his son.
    And you're heavily pushing your nephew towards the cardinal and gold correct?



  10. #175
    Addict
    Points: 98,641, Level: 97
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,185
    Points
    98,641
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 115

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlue View Post
    If ISU recruits a player, you can rest assured that he falls into one of 3 categories:

    1. Those who ultimately choose ISU (brilliant, heroic, likely to cure cancer ... all-around great Americans)
    2. Those who give ISU serious consideration, but ultimately choose another school (f***ing DIVAS!!! and most likely paid under the table)
    3. Those who choose another school without giving ISU serious consideration (Two subcategories: (1) complete f***ing idiots!!!, or (2) wussies who are afraid to compete for playing time)

    It's really quite simple.

    Haha that pretty well covers it for out of state recruits.

    You forgot one category though...

    Instate recruits that go to Iowa...... tavernhawks



  11. #176
    Walk On
    Points: 1,194, Level: 9
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    182
    Points
    1,194
    Level
    9
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 366

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    So anyone that likes being recruited by big name schools is a diva? Sounds like sour grapes to me
    That's fine he likes being recruited by all the big name schools, I would too. I just wouldn't be so bragadocious and vocal about it. Maybe "diva complex" was the wrong term. I guess I just prefer recruits who handle with a little less noise.

    And for the record:

    1. I never thought he was going to come here
    2. I don't have sour grapes about it

    Maybe "diva complex" wasn't the right word and maybe I'm completely off base.



  12. #177
    Addict
    Points: 98,641, Level: 97
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,185
    Points
    98,641
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 115

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Quote Originally Posted by HoibergIsMyHero View Post
    That's fine he likes being recruited by all the big name schools, I would too. I just wouldn't be so bragadocious and vocal about it. Maybe "diva complex" was the wrong term. I guess I just prefer recruits who handle with a little less noise.

    And for the record:

    1. I never thought he was going to come here
    2. I don't have sour grapes about it

    Maybe "diva complex" wasn't the right word and maybe I'm completely off base.
    But what noise are you talking about? The kid's twitter? No one's forcing you to follow him.



  13. #178
    Pro
    Points: 34,555, Level: 57
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,466
    Points
    34,555
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 259

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    Cooke > Grandstaff

    Go to work Fred

    /thread



  14. #179
    Speechless
    Points: 734,645, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,993
    Points
    734,645
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,146
    Given: 1,025

    Re: Grandstaff Visiting in August

    This story is pretty much over, and so is the thread.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM