Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 312

Re: Former Cyclones

Wow 3 WNBA fans in one thread. That has to be a record. I watched 5 minutes of the WNBA one time and it was the worst thing I have ever seen.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Wow 3 WNBA fans in one thread. That has to be a record. I watched 5 minutes of the WNBA one time and it was the worst thing I have ever seen.
    Well, the league is a lot different now than the first few years, especially since a stable of talented players has been built up, you might give it a try, also certain match-ups are better than others.

These are teams worth watching this year: LA Sparks, Connecticut, Tulsa(If Cambage does play), Minnesota, New York, Indiana. Also worth keeping an eye on Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago or San Antonio.

I'd also be curious to see how many people who don't like the WNBA like the NBA. Most of my friends/family that are avid NBA fans, also watch the WNBA.

I have noticed most mid-western (college ball is better) people, don't like either.

Last edited by twistedredbird; 05-28-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    I have no problem if people don't like WNBA. Same thing when some people tell me (or told me) they don't (didn't like) soccer. I only feel sorry if someone starts bashing something without understanding this. WNBA is not for everyone and like Twistedredbird said, the league is a lot different now. And it also depends on which team(s) you see: I once went to see Tulsa with Nolan Richardson as head coach - with Marion Jones (yes, that Marion Jones) and it they were awful.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

I find it curious that being supposedly one of the strongest, if not the strongest conference from top to bottom, the Big 12, is the least represented of the 6 major conferences. SEC, Big East, and ACC all lead the way in number of players in the league, and it really isn't that close. Pac 12, Big 10 and Big 12 are all well behind.

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 126

Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    I find it curious that being supposedly one of the strongest, if not the strongest conference from top to bottom, the Big 12, is the least represented of the 6 major conferences. SEC, Big East, and ACC all lead the way in number of players in the league, and it really isn't that close. Pac 12, Big 10 and Big 12 are all well behind.
    It kinda tells me that the Big East, SEC, and ACC have the most elite players. Also, with the way the NCAA tourney played out, the Big East was without a doubt the strongest league.

Legend
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 770
    Given: 1,580

Top to bottom is the key. A league that has one or two nationally dominant teams that get all of the best talent year in and year out will put a lot of that elite talent in the league. A league that is a great league top to bottom without a perennial national dominant team will be a very good league but won't necessarily have much of that elite talent that will stick at the next level. 132 players is not very many; especially when you consider that many of those players are playing for quite a few years. It's not like it is just the best 132 players this year. You are probably talking about only 1/5 or less of that number turning over every year. That is starting to sound like your top 25 talent which schools like Stanford, UConn and Tennessee have historically dominated every year.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 300

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    Your right I don't watch it because it's played not like women's college basketball.

I would respect Stern alot more if he just pulled the plug on this non revenue generating waste of space.
    I'm not an avid WNBA fan, but I don't understand this post at all. Unless you believe the WNBA is blocking the creation of a superior professional women's league (which I doubt) or are directly affected by the money WNBA makes or loses for the NBA, why do you care?