Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 104
  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post

    What would you estimate that does for our capacity? 60k in seats? I'm not sure we have 20k fans who want endzone seats (even though I love mine).



  2. #77
    Recruit
    Points: 4,655, Level: 20
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    82
    Points
    4,655
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    With a new SEZ I assume the students move to that area, the current student section becomes season tickets for new donors and the North hillsides remain for overflow, families, and folks who want a less expensive walk up ticket. The family culture of JTS is a major plus for the future and should be retained. No one welcomes so many children except maybe KSU which has family in the name.



  3. #78
    Pro
    Points: 66,824, Level: 80
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,226
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Goothrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    2,690
    Points
    66,824
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    What would you estimate that does for our capacity? 60k in seats? I'm not sure we have 20k fans who want endzone seats (even though I love mine).
    probably 55k permanent seating. I'm not really sure what the bleachers seat right now.


    Rip 'n Shred - Shred 'n Rip



  4. #79
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 136,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,649
    Points
    136,504
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 80

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    What would you estimate that does for our capacity? 60k in seats? I'm not sure we have 20k fans who want endzone seats (even though I love mine).
    The upper corner seats in a stadium are actually really good seats. We get tickets for Wisconsin games from my uncle whenever we can, and he sits in the upper deck corner. It's fun to watch plays develop from that position. You see a lot more than you'd think.



  5. #80
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatchaGonnaDo View Post
    The upper corner seats in a stadium are actually really good seats. We get tickets for Wisconsin games from my uncle whenever we can, and he sits in the upper deck corner. It's fun to watch plays develop from that position. You see a lot more than you'd think.

    We sat in a top corner of Kinnick last year. I was against the brick and the last row was right behind us. It still was a decent view, except when the action was on the other end. No big videoboard to help like at Jack Trice.



  6. #81
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 136,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,649
    Points
    136,504
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 80

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    We sat in a top corner of Kinnick last year. I was against the brick and the last row was right behind us. It still was a decent view, except when the action was on the other end. No big videoboard to help like at Jack Trice.
    Even when the action is on the other end, it isn't that bad imo. But the JTS videoboard would make it work even better.



  7. #82
    Legend
    Points: 402,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,299
    Points
    402,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 65

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    I think a good number is 60K permanent seats and then if need be we can open up the north hillsides for huge games. But, only sell north hillsides once the permanent seats are sold out.

    Also, I like the idea of moving the students to the lower level of the south endzone. Make the upper deck of the SEZ very affordable for regular fans (like the currrent SEZ prices), with a nice club section in between the decks like the East side. That does 2 things: Opens up the current student section to more donors as the students are using some very nice/expensive seats right now. And 2, it will create a wall of sound coming from the SEZ. When the opposing team is down on that end, it will be incredibly loud and intimidating.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  8. #83
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    I think a good number is 60K permanent seats and then if need be we can open up the north hillsides for huge games. But, only sell north hillsides once the permanent seats are sold out.

    Also, I like the idea of moving the students to the lower level of the south endzone. Make the upper deck of the SEZ very affordable for regular fans (like the currrent SEZ prices), with a nice club section in the between the decks like the East side. That does 2 things: Opens up the current student section to more donors as the students are using some very nice/expensive seats right now. And 2, it will create a wall of sound coming from the SEZ. When the opposing team is down on that end, it will be incredibly loud and intimidating.

    And there go our great endzone seats. Oh well, that's progress.



  9. #84
    Legend
    Points: 402,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,299
    Points
    402,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 65

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    And there go our great endzone seats. Oh well, that's progress.
    OR, you could get moved to some better seats in the current student section. OR, if you enjoy the endzone view, get tickets in the upper deck SEZ. The view would be the same, if not better, but you would be slightly farther away from the action.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  10. #85
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    OR, you could get moved to some better seats in the current student section. OR, if you enjoy the endzone view, get tickets in the upper deck SEZ. The view would be the same, if not better, but you would be slightly farther away from the action.

    Yeah, that is probably what will happen, but I love our seats low in the endzone where so much action takes place. I would consider the other options to be a step back, not that I should be entitled to anything better.



  11. #86
    Legend
    Points: 402,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,299
    Points
    402,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 65

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Yeah, that is probably what will happen, but I love our seats low in the endzone where so much action takes place. I would consider the other options to be a step back, not that I should be entitled to anything better.
    Cycsk, you're going to move and dammit, you're going to like it! Now go get me a beer...


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  12. #87
    Recruit
    Points: 4,655, Level: 20
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    82
    Points
    4,655
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    While just dreaming, why not have five + giant video boards, one in each parking lot, to enhance the tailgate experience and then charge by the person instead of the auto. I am always shocked at the numbers of fans who never enter JTS. Say $5 per head to get into the lots. Could be a whole new kind of football experience with the game spilling out into the parking on purpose.



  13. #88
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    Cycsk, you're going to move and dammit, you're going to like it! Now go get me a beer...

    yeah, I know ... what kind of beer do you want?



  14. #89
    Legend
    Points: 402,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,299
    Points
    402,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 65

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    yeah, I know ... what kind of beer do you want?
    Well, we might as well keep it ISU and go with a Natty Light please.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  15. #90
    Addict
    Points: 107,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,370
    Points
    107,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 194

    Re: Business Record: What would it take to expand the ISU football stadium?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    Well, we might as well keep it ISU and go with a Natty Light please.

    Coming right up ... in 98 days 3 house and 25 minutes (minus a few hours).



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM