Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 801,277, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,447
    Points
    801,277
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,044
    Given: 279

    Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    As we've all known for a few days, it sounds like Hoiberg is heavily leaning towards making Doc Sadler the man. However, this is not a done deal at this point in time per a source close to the situation.

    In fact, Hoiberg might even conduct additional interviews in the coming weeks. That is the new information I have as of tonight.

    But if I'm a betting man, I wouldn't quite put my house on Sadler being the guy but I'd put my truck on it at least. Something would have to come up to change the outcome of this in my opinion. If that is another candidate entering the picture and blowing Fred away or Sadler deciding he doesn't want the job. I just don't see either happening though but hey, I've been wrong before.

    But after tonight, I'm even more confident that Sadler will be the guy. It could be weeks before anything is announced though.

    I'll keep you updated.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 164,683, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,772
    Points
    164,683
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 87

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Interesting. I think he'd be a good get. Make it happen, Fred!




    FWIW, I think you are only betting your truck because you have an in with a certain Toyota dealer.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 19,650, Level: 42
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,708
    Points
    19,650
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    CW--what is your opinion on his recruiting



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 99,688, Level: 98
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,362
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,026
    Points
    99,688
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 21

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    I suppose being at the Villa 7 might be an opportunity to talk to a few guys.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 81,691, Level: 88
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,798
    Points
    81,691
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 55

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Now Jeff Goodman is going to tweet this, and some poster is going to link the breaking news.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 560,575, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,447
    Points
    560,575
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 275
    Given: 139

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Must have had some good candidates express interest in the position recently.




  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 178,589, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,046
    Points
    178,589
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 0

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    I'm glad to hear Fred is still looking, at least a little bit.

    I don't care if Sadler is eventually the hire, as long as Fred has taken the time to look at several candidates and he determines that Sadler is still the best of the bunch. I'm kinda underwhelmed by Sadler myself, but as long as Fred likes him and has at least looked at several other qualified candidates as well, that's good by me.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Must have had some good candidates express interest in the position recently.
    I applied. I thought that the staff needed the voice of the fan. I believe that I could communicate that in practice as well as during games. We're one iPhone away from greatness!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 736,473, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,920
    Points
    736,473
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Please post a picture of your truck, CW



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 302,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,788
    Points
    302,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 803

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by kcclones View Post
    CW--what is your opinion on his recruiting
    not speaking for CW, but I looked back at his recruiting classes. Sadler never recruited a guy like Thomas or Morris (4 star) or any top 125 players. However, he had some success finding guys under the radar. He got guys like Ryan Anderson and Sek Henry. He was also successful at getting JUCOS, like Dagunduro (sp?), Lance Jeter.

    He also got some decent players from different countries. Got a couple from Germany and Diaz from Puerto Rico who was one of their best players during Sadler's tenure.

    His recruiting isn't great, but it's not as bad as it's being portrayed. Also, in Sadler's first three years at Nebraska, they went to 2 NIT appearances. Sounds familiar?

    I'm curious for CW opinion as well on his recruiting, though my guess is he'll be scouting and helping Fred with game plans rather than being recruiting all the time, though I don't know for sure.


    Last edited by Cy$; 05-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 20,881, Level: 44
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,268
    Points
    20,881
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 11

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    As we've all known for a few days, it sounds like Hoiberg is heavily leaning towards making Doc Sadler the man. However, this is not a done deal at this point in time per a source close to the situation.

    In fact, Hoiberg might even conduct additional interviews in the coming weeks. That is the new information I have as of tonight.

    But if I'm a betting man, I wouldn't quite put my house on Sadler being the guy but I'd put my truck on it at least. Something would have to come up to change the outcome of this in my opinion. If that is another candidate entering the picture and blowing Fred away or Sadler deciding he doesn't want the job. I just don't see either happening though but hey, I've been wrong before.

    But after tonight, I'm even more confident that Sadler will be the guy. It could be weeks before anything is announced though.

    I'll keep you updated.
    No offense, but you are starting to sound like a weatherman. It could rain but there is a 50 percent chance it might not.


    Last edited by 19210; 05-15-2013 at 12:06 AM.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 153,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    8,312
    Points
    153,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 938
    Given: 273

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I applied. I thought that the staff needed the voice of the fan. I believe that I could communicate that in practice as well as during games. We're one iPhone away from greatness!
    I applied for a similar reason. I think there should be a dedicated spot on the coaching staff for an undergraduate student. I can go down Welch on the weekends and pick up some great ideas for the starting five and for who should see fewer minutes and pass that on to Fred.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 13,776, Level: 35
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    566
    Points
    13,776
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    not speaking for CW, but I looked back at his recruiting classes. Sadler never recruited a guy like Thomas or Morris (4 star) or any top 125 players. However, he had some success finding guys under the radar. He got guys like Ryan Anderson and Sek Henry. He was also successful at getting JUCOS, like Dagunduro (sp?), Lance Jeter.

    He also got some decent players from different countries. Got a couple from Germany and Diaz from Puerto Rico who was one of their best players during Sadler's tenure.

    His recruiting isn't great, but it's not as bad as it's being portrayed. Also, in Sadler's first three years at Nebraska, they went to 2 NIT appearances. Sounds familiar?
    His recruiting was good enough to get him fired and not good enough for Bill Self. If Sadler is the guy his primary duty won't be to get players, IMO.

    I still dont think it will be Sadler, but won't bet my truck on it though



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I applied for a similar reason. I think there should be a dedicated spot on the coaching staff for an undergraduate student. I can go down Welch on the weekends and pick up some great ideas for the starting five and for who should see fewer minutes and pass that on to Fred.
    That's tough competition. You've got an advantage there, but I can process the Internet at frightening speeds and carry those thoughts/opinions/solutions right into the huddle in real time.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 302,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,788
    Points
    302,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 803

    Re: Update on replacing T.J. Otzelberger

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    His recruiting was good enough to get him fired and not good enough for Bill Self. If Sadler is the guy his primary duty won't be to get players, IMO.

    I still dont think it will be Sadler, but won't bet my truck on it though
    I don't think he recruited under Self, he was DOBO or something like that. I agree he won't be a recruiter likely. Nebraska is tough to recruit too I bet.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM