Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 17,292, Level: 40
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    572
    Points
    17,292
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 38

    Villa 7 Conference

    So last night I'm sitting at the bar at the Marriott City Center watching some hockey and I notice a bunch of guys wearing team polos. Turns out the Villa 7 is in town this week. Some of the coaches I saw last night:

    Orlando Antigua, UK
    Travis Decurie, Cal
    Tim Fuller, Mizzou
    Chris Jent, OSU
    LaVall Jordan, Mich
    Kevin Keatts, Louisville
    Tommy Lloyd, Gonzaga
    Erik Martin, WVU
    Jim McCarthy, Northeastern
    Matt McMahon, Murray State
    Jean Prioleau, Colorado (former ISU)
    and numerous ADs.

    Really interesting to listen to them talking about scheduling neutral court games, rule changes, and how screwed Rutgers will be in the B1G while drinking some beers. I took the liberty of swiping one of their programs.

    Anyways, just thought I'd share. Also, look who is guest speaking today!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hoi-ball.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	19965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villa 7.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	19964



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 44,419, Level: 65
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,131
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,862
    Points
    44,419
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 24

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Why will Rutgers be screwed?



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 17,292, Level: 40
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    572
    Points
    17,292
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 38

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    The arguement made was that their facilities were absolute trash and no one really cares about the team. That and being in between two professional sports cities will make it difficult for them to compete in either of the major sports. I guess time will tell.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 27,300, Level: 50
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,173
    Points
    27,300
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 78

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by dtlantz View Post
    The arguement made was that their facilities were absolute trash and no one really cares about the team. That and being in between two professional sports cities will make it difficult for them to compete in either of the major sports. I guess time will tell.
    So basically the same reason they didn't have any success in the Big East except a couple of football years. Plus they are basically starting from scratch with their basketball program after the Coach incident.
    Great get for the Big 10...

    (I know the only reason they were invited were for TV sets though I don't think a lot of people will be tuned into future Iowa/Rutgers type games in any sport.)



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 27,300, Level: 50
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,173
    Points
    27,300
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 78

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Darren Wolfson@DarrenWolfson1hFred Hoiberg, Lon Kruger, & Bruce Weber among the Villa 7 speakers today. Sat through Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey's talk just now. Good times.

    Fred is fostering some top assistant connections.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 13,783, Level: 35
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    567
    Points
    13,783
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    Darren Wolfson@DarrenWolfson1hFred Hoiberg, Lon Kruger, & Bruce Weber among the Villa 7 speakers today. Sat through Winthrop coach Pat Kelsey's talk just now. Good times.

    Fred is fostering some top assistant connections.

    Exactly this is the place to possibly find TJ's replacement



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 257,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    257,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 687
    Given: 564

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    So basically the same reason they didn't have any success in the Big East except a couple of football years. Plus they are basically starting from scratch with their basketball program after the Coach incident.
    Great get for the Big 10...

    (I know the only reason they were invited were for TV sets though I don't think a lot of people will be tuned into future Iowa/Rutgers type games in any sport.)
    The Big 10 doesn't care if anyone ever watches a Rutgers game. They are just happy to bill the cable customers for their network.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 119,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,554
    Points
    119,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 375

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    The Big 10 doesn't care if anyone ever watches a Rutgers game. They are just happy to bill the cable customers for their network.

    It probably isn't just about people watching Rutgers. It is largely about watching every other team in the Big 10 as they play Rutgers (and getting more Big 10 games that don't include Rutgers). Lots of Big 10 grads in the Big Apple.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 169,338, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,661
    Points
    169,338
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 1,447

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Exactly this is the place to possibly find TJ's replacement
    Shhh! We already have one.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 99,759, Level: 98
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,046
    Points
    99,759
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 22

    Re: Villa 7 Conference

    Speaking of Rutgers....their new coach might not be a graduate of any college.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM