Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 868,481, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,347
    Points
    868,481
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,901
    Given: 466

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Thanks Chris.

    I think we are by far in the lead for Seonbuchner. He is ours as long as Wisky doesn't offer.

    I think the TE comes here but that would be an kncredible get. He seems like a stud.

    Do you think we are in the lead for Tommy Mister?

    If we can get Mister, Seonbuchner, and maybe a switch from Jeff Jones, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 85,598, Level: 91
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,852
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,256
    Points
    85,598
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,922
    Given: 665

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    I will be very surprised if Sam Seonbuchner doesn't commit to ISU this weekend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?

    #cyclONEnation
    CF Mafia Record Holder for Most Votes in One Day: 22 (Transformers)




  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 197,159, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    12,092
    Points
    197,159
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 406

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by zwclones51 View Post
    Thanks Chris.

    I think we are by far in the lead for Seonbuchner. He is ours as long as Wisky doesn't offer.

    I think the TE comes here but that would be an kncredible get. He seems like a stud.

    Do you think we are in the lead for Tommy Mister?

    If we can get Mister, Seonbuchner, and maybe a switch from Jeff Jones, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.
    Jones would be the toughest pull of them all. He is pretty committed to Minnesota for the time being but anything is possible. Like I said before, I have a great feeling about this next class. Could be a special one.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 68,691, Level: 81
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,059
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,280
    Points
    68,691
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 120

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Regarding the USA Today article...how the heck does Iowa pull in 97 million a year? I understand why they pull in more than ISU but they must really have some well-healed donors. An extra 15K a game in football can't be the anwser. I mean they are still pushing double our budget. Just doesn't make sense.



  6. #6
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 624,374, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    24,401
    Points
    624,374
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,108
    Given: 276

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    Regarding the USA Today article...how the heck does Iowa pull in 97 million a year? I understand why they pull in more than ISU but they must really have some well-healed donors. An extra 15K a game in football can't be the anwser. I mean they are still pushing double our budget. Just doesn't make sense.
    The University of Iowa Athletic Department hold the patents on several, lucrative products that literally guarantee their financial success.

    For example, everybody knows the traditional foam "we're #1" finger, right?


    Well, Iowa owns the rights to a similar item, except it has a missing pinkie, making it very popular with the frostbite/diabetes/PTO shaft/lawnmower accident crowd that makes up the bulk of their fans.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Jones would be the toughest pull of them all. He is pretty committed to Minnesota for the time being but anything is possible. Like I said before, I have a great feeling about this next class. Could be a special one.
    He's been quoted as saying he's 65% committed to Minnesota. I wouldn't say that is pretty committed. Not saying he ends up here, but I believe he is just waiting until he sees more offers come in.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 16,763, Level: 39
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    574
    Points
    16,763
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 38

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Medical school and law school



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 132,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,897
    Points
    132,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 854
    Given: 684

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead



    Nice article in the link to WRNL.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 233,643, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,138
    Points
    233,643
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,206
    Given: 122

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Why would you want to play at minnesota, for a team that struggles to get 3 wins a season most seasons.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 69,740, Level: 81
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,319
    Points
    69,740
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 7

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Why would that munchkin Ubben even take the time to rank teams in different conferences? It's so obvious that he wants to cover the SEC. Spent half of last season writing about Manziel.


    R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 85,598, Level: 91
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,852
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,256
    Points
    85,598
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,922
    Given: 665

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by zwclones51 View Post
    He's been quoted as saying he's 65% committed to Minnesota. I wouldn't say that is pretty committed. Not saying he ends up here, but I believe he is just waiting until he sees more offers come in.
    If we have already offered and he is waiting for more offers to come in, he probably won't end up at ISU.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?

    #cyclONEnation
    CF Mafia Record Holder for Most Votes in One Day: 22 (Transformers)




  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 429,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,422
    Points
    429,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,360
    Given: 1,013

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    The University of Iowa Athletic Department hold the patents on several, lucrative products that literally guarantee their financial success.

    For example, everybody knows the traditional foam "we're #1" finger, right?


    Well, Iowa owns the rights to a similar item, except it has a missing pinkie, making it very popular with the frostbite/diabetes/PTO shaft/lawnmower accident crowd that makes up the bulk of their fans.
    Patents run out after 17 years....


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 429,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,422
    Points
    429,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,360
    Given: 1,013

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    Why would that munchkin Ubben even take the time to rank teams in different conferences? It's so obvious that he wants to cover the SEC. Spent half of last season writing about Manziel.
    I think Kansas could beat Kentucky.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 38,350, Level: 60
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,014
    Points
    38,350
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 205

    Re: Roundup: Significant football recruiting weekend ahead

    I un-followed Ubben on Twitter a while back. Can someone kindly let me know when ESPN gets someone covering the B12 that doesn't completely suck?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM