Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,968, Level: 28
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    326
    Points
    8,968
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    wow; only watched the highlights but some of those runs with nealy were great; and the screen to bundrage; and rohachs run. went back and watched highlights from last year spring game and not many good running plays at all; and if you compare the quarterback highlights from this year to last year there is a huge difference in tightness of spiral; overall mechanics; speed of delivery. the precision of the offense was impressive. what are ur thoughts on that?



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,968, Level: 28
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    326
    Points
    8,968
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    by the way i found good zoomed out highlights on mobile cyclones.com app; its the mediacom spring game review by john walters.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 92,591, Level: 94
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,534
    Points
    92,591
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 23

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    I'd expect bigger run gains without Klein, McDonough and Laing out there. Knott was out last spring. I really liked how Nealy and Wimberly looked though. I do think that the QB runs are fools gold. IMO Mess has hung the QBs out to dry too many times on designed QB runs. SR isn't that big and he's bound to get hurt if they run him too much. Jared Barnett was never the same after taking that big hit at OU two years ago. And SR seemed a little gunshy after WV roughed him up. They need to call just enough QB runs to keep the D honest. Start going overboard with those plays and the season will be circling the drain in no time. QB designed runs should NOT be the bread and butter play of the offense.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 115,520, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,096
    Points
    115,520
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 275

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    The team speed on defense was nice to see also.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    The good news is I think we have more good players on the roster than anytime during the Rhoads era.

    The bad news is that they are young and will probably get their brains beaten in this year. But the future is pretty good.

    I don't think that we know what the ceiling is for Cyclone football, simply because we have never had a season where talent and coaching were able to mesh and maximize results.

    I think the staff is as good as it has been since the 70's. Recruiting is getting better, as I think that our coaches are getting in to better and better houses on the trail.

    Cyclone football is still a story waiting to be told. I don't think that it will be easy to write the coming chapters, but I think this is the best possible group of authors that we could realistically hope for.



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 6,210, Level: 23
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    167
    Points
    6,210
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    The good news is I think we have more good players on the roster than anytime during the Rhoads era.

    The bad news is that they are young and will probably get their brains beaten in this year. But the future is pretty good.

    I don't think that we know what the ceiling is for Cyclone football, simply because we have never had a season where talent and coaching were able to mesh and maximize results.

    I think the staff is as good as it has been since the 70's. Recruiting is getting better, as I think that our coaches are getting in to better and better houses on the trail.

    Cyclone football is still a story waiting to be told. I don't think that it will be easy to write the coming chapters, but I think this is the best possible group of authors that we could realistically hope for.
    Guess you weren't around in 2000, which coincidentally was both a season in which talent and coaching meshed and our ceiling as a program.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by CyScoop View Post
    Guess you weren't around in 2000, which coincidentally was both a season in which talent and coaching meshed and our ceiling as a program.
    Oh god you even have the hawk ******** down to the defending mac the mediocre.

    It wasn't the ceiling because that team got killed by the 3 good teams it played.

    You hawk fans trying to defend one of your own try to project that stupid mythology you created to make yourselves feel better about being meaningless.

    The best team mac under achieved with was 2005 anyways, so again, besides being insignificant, you are wrong.

    This is how you know hawk fans are worried about what's happening in Ames. Jerkoffs like this guy that are so scared that their day had par in that ****** division in that ****** conference, that they come on here to put Iowa State down.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 6,210, Level: 23
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    167
    Points
    6,210
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Oh god you even have the hawk ******** down to the defending mac the mediocre.

    It wasn't the ceiling because that team got killed by the 3 good teams it played.

    You hawk fans trying to defend one of your own try to project that stupid mythology you created to make yourselves feel better about being meaningless.

    The best team mac under achieved with was 2005 anyways, so again, besides being insignificant, you are wrong.

    This is how you know hawk fans are worried about what's happening in Ames. Jerkoffs like this guy that are so scared that their day had par in that ****** division in that ****** conference, that they come on here to put Iowa State down.
    What is wrong with you?



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 14,297, Level: 36
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CascadeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    831
    Points
    14,297
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 56

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    They need to call just enough QB runs to keep the D honest. Start going overboard with those plays and the season will be circling the drain in no time. QB designed runs should NOT be the bread and butter play of the offense.
    Agree 1 million percent. No more than 2 called QB runs per game. Let the QB run when the receivers can't get open and he sees a hole. I want our QB to run like Elway - unplanned. You'll get 10 runs anyway, and they will go for longer yardage.

    During the Mac years, I almost went insane watching the QB draw called every other down.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 172,016, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,396
    Points
    172,016
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    I tend to agree that we probably have the best overall talent on the team since Rhoads has been here, but I also agree that it is mostly very young and inexperienced talent as well.

    My question is--- why is that?

    Why, going into Rhoads' 5th year here, are we in a rebuilding mode this year? Why is there very little veteran experience going into this year? Is it just because Rhoads' first couple recruiting classes didn't pan out very well? Or is it because Chizik's final recruiting class was bad? Or have we had too many kids leave the program or what?

    I think some of it has to do with the fact that in Rhoads' first year or two he was forced to play almost all his freshmen because we had no depth. Guys like Klein and Knott should have had the luxury of RS their first years, but couldn't.

    I don't know, but I agree that we have good young talent on the team in freshmen, RS freshmen, sophomores, and RS sophomores, but for whatever reason we don't have as much veteran talent in the senior and junior classes this year. At least not as much really good veteran talent.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 48,078, Level: 67
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,366
    Points
    48,078
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 294

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by CyScoop View Post
    What is wrong with you?
    He's calling you out as a troll or at least a PESSIMISTIC jerk. One only needs to look at your post history.




  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,432, Level: 88
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,518
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,965
    Points
    80,432
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 715

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Oh god you even have the hawk ******** down to the defending mac the mediocre.

    It wasn't the ceiling because that team got killed by the 3 good teams it played.

    You hawk fans trying to defend one of your own try to project that stupid mythology you created to make yourselves feel better about being meaningless.

    The best team mac under achieved with was 2005 anyways, so again, besides being insignificant, you are wrong.

    This is how you know hawk fans are worried about what's happening in Ames. Jerkoffs like this guy that are so scared that their day had par in that ****** division in that ****** conference, that they come on here to put Iowa State down.
    Overreact much?



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,968, Level: 28
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    326
    Points
    8,968
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    All the good runs I saw we're not designed they were scrambles; the one from Rohach was a scramble he seems a little faster than sr



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I tend to agree that we probably have the best overall talent on the team since Rhoads has been here, but I also agree that it is mostly very young and inexperienced talent as well.

    My question is--- why is that?



    Why, going into Rhoads' 5th year here, are we in a rebuilding mode this year? Why is there very little veteran experience going into this year? Is it just because Rhoads' first couple recruiting classes didn't pan out very well? Or is it because Chizik's final recruiting class was bad? Or have we had too many kids leave the program or what?

    I think some of it has to do with the fact that in Rhoads' first year or two he was forced to play almost all his freshmen because we had no depth. Guys like Klein and Knott should have had the luxury of RS their first years, but couldn't.

    I don't know, but I agree that we have good young talent on the team in freshmen, RS freshmen, sophomores, and RS sophomores, but for whatever reason we don't have as much veteran talent in the senior and junior classes this year. At least not as much really good veteran talent.
    Are you kidding with this ****? You can't be this dense.

    IF you are a Cyclone fan, and were around as the mac the mediocre era limped to an end, you would have seen the crater that was left in his wake.

    The program wasn't a rebuild, it was a build. Add a coaching change 2 years later, and that made the situation worse.

    The athleticism and talent level was 3 steps below where it needed to be. He had to play whoever he could just to field a team.

    This wasn't a quick fix. A traditionally bad program, in Ames Iowa, average at best facilities. ... Yeah shouldn't take any time to make that info the next Oklahoma.

    Come on. If you aren't smarter than this, it's a miracle you can care for yourself.


    Last edited by mikem; 05-04-2013 at 09:12 AM.

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: this is the best i have ever seen our offense perform during a spring game

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLNST8 View Post
    He's calling you out as a troll or at least a PESSIMISTIC jerk. One only needs to look at your post history.
    You would think he'd get that his game is up. But in typical hawk fashion thinking they matter, he still thinks he's fooling people.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM