Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

Huggins/K-State

It is my personal opinion that K-State sold their soul to the devil when they brought in the Huggins-Martin combo as coaches. And so far, it's paying big dividends. They have been on national tv 3 times already, and Beasley is better at this stage in his career than Kevin Durant. Jacob Pullen and Walker aren't bad either. Crunch time against Oregon and they had all three frosh on the floor. Their time in the spotlight will be short, Beasly and Walker will be gone in April, and Martin is really not a very good coach.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,340
    Given: 937

Re: Huggins/K-State

The problem with selling your soul is it has unintended consequences. For instance, after Bart sold his soul to Milhouse, he could no longer walk through automatic doors. Those things come in handy...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Starter
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Saying Beasley is better than Durant is a bit of a stretch. He's putting up insane numbers - but that doesn't always make someone a better player than someone else.

Exhibit A: Stephon Marbury. Hall of Fame stats, never played in a championship at any level of basketball, high school, college or pro.

have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I always thought they sold their soul when they brought in Mr. Burns to turn around their football program.

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

Huggins is a good coach, and if he was still at KSU they would be tough this year. Even though huggins only stayed one year, he did energize that program. They now have over 12K season ticket holders and their arena has been rocking from the few games I have seen on TV........reminds of what Hilton once was.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 614

Frank Martin however is a good recruiter. He has a fine class for FY09, just as good as Bob Huggins has in West Virginia. KState will be good as long as Frank can recruit. He can have his assistants coach, just like Wayne did.

Personally the quality of North play, for better or worse, will be improved in Basketball and football the next five years. people on sports shows are already saying the football Big 12 is going to get much better.

The arms race is underway. Nebraska will announce Bo Pelini Sunday or Monday. Turner Gill will be offered the Assistant AD. TO is an interim recruiter this week and visiting homes of three or four borderline recruits.

Looks like Colorado may become the weak sister of the North in the next five years.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by goldmember View Post
    Huggins is a good coach, and if he was still at KSU they would be tough this year. Even though huggins only stayed one year, he did energize that program. They now have over 12K season ticket holders and their arena has been rocking from the few games I have seen on TV........reminds of what Hilton once was.
    That will last until Beasley and Walker bolt for the NBA next spring and the program sinks back into the bottom half of the conference next year. Martin might be a decent coach, but he's no Huggins. I think he might be able to put together some decent recruiting classes, but we'll see if he can actually coach them. Seems like a very similar situation to the Wayne Morgan era, but with a lot better talent.

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 408
    Given: 465

Frank Martin however is a good recruiter
    Frank is not the good recruiter. It's his assistant who used to coach Beasely and Walkers AAU team. He has insane connections. I can't remeber his name off the top of my hear. I think it's like Jeff Hill or something like that. Beasley and Walker were both going to go to Charlotte when he was there. That is why Huggy hired him. He could bring Walker and Beasely.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

It's Delonte Hill. Martin has not signed a single player that was not part of the DC Assault AAU team, the team Hill used to coach.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 153

Anyone else find themselves cheering for the Ducks last night? I know we should probably cheer for our Big XII brethren but seeing Beasley flat out cuss out his point guard after throwing a pass little high quickly vaulted K-State basketball towards the top of my "always root against" list. That and the Oregon coach always seems like a class act.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    Anyone else find themselves cheering for the Ducks last night? I know we should probably cheer for our Big XII brethren but seeing Beasley flat out cuss out his point guard after throwing a pass little high quickly vaulted K-State basketball towards the top of my "always root against" list. That and the Oregon coach always seems like a class act.
    I saw that play too, but I'm going to take Beasley's side on this. When a post player has position and calls for the ball, you throw it where he wants it. If you put it somewhere else, he might lose his positioning on the defender, limiting what he can do with the ball once he gets it. Probably didn't need to chew his rear about it though.

He also lit into Andre Gilbert after the game was over for his boneheaded drive to the basket when they needed a 3 to tie. Apparently he is going to lead by "yelling at everyone who isn't as good as me."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, I never said I didn't understand why he was upset, obviously the guy should have gotten him the ball. His reaction to it (yelling a couple f bombs at his teammate and making wild, angry motions with his arms) didn't give me a great first impression of his character.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 30

Martin is not a good coach KSU might have the most talent in the Big 12 but they will lose at lot of games because of his coaching. It is his fault that his players did not know the game situation last night. KSU plays as individuals not as a team. Teams will slow them down make them play d and get them out of a running game and they will get frustrated. They just have enough talent to over come that a lot.

Kyle S. Flander

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

If Hoskins ever gets over his injury that should benefit the team.

Its pretty early in the season yet to be judging KSU.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't think it's too early, they look dang good to me. I think they'll thump us twice this year.