Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 116,801, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,290
    Points
    116,801
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,672
    Given: 272

    Hunter Mickelson

    810 in Kansas City reporting that he's transferring to KU. He's leaving Arkansas. He didn't light the world on fire, but Mike Anderson's style doesn't work for everyone.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 97,428, Level: 97
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,622
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,425
    Points
    97,428
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 736

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    I thought you were talking about a lefty that can bomb Pings.


    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln's version of Proverbs 17:28

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 458,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,730
    Points
    458,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,175
    Given: 1,944

    Re: Ping Hunter Mickelson

    Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    I thought you were talking about a lefty that can bomb Pings.
    Nice try. It would have been titled like the above.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 83,583, Level: 89
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,759
    Points
    83,583
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 616

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    810 in Kansas City reporting that he's transferring to KU. He's leaving Arkansas. He didn't light the world on fire, but Mike Anderson's style doesn't work for everyone.
    They have one guy transferring out and now it sounds like this guy transferring in. Sounds like KU is not going to get Wiggins



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 44,200, Level: 64
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,171
    Points
    44,200
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 537
    Given: 250

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Link, Sounds like he was recruited over at Arkansas, I also read that Bill Self was visiting with Tariq Black yesterday. Not sure if that means if he is still in thier crosshairs after accepting this transfer.

    Report: Former Arkansas center Hunter Mickelson transferring to Kansas | CollegeBasketballTalk

    Mickelson arrives in Lawrence after playing two seasons at Arkansas, where he averaged 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots per contest. Last Wednesday Mickelson was granted a release from his scholarship by Arkansas, which will add a pair of Top 50 big men in Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley in the fall.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 83,583, Level: 89
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,759
    Points
    83,583
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 616

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    Link, Sounds like he was recruited over at Arkansas, I also read that Bill Self was visiting with Tariq Black yesterday. Not sure if that means if he is still in thier crosshairs after accepting this transfer.

    Report: Former Arkansas center Hunter Mickelson transferring to Kansas | CollegeBasketballTalk

    Mickelson arrives in Lawrence after playing two seasons at Arkansas, where he averaged 5.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocked shots per contest. Last Wednesday Mickelson was granted a release from his scholarship by Arkansas, which will add a pair of Top 50 big men in Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley in the fall.
    Humm, if my count is right, sounds like somebody else needs to lose a schollie if Black is on board - and that would be a good get to an already good class.


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 121,903, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,637
    Points
    121,903
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,061
    Given: 1,046

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    They have one guy transferring out and now it sounds like this guy transferring in. Sounds like KU is not going to get Wiggins
    I hope so/thank God. I do not want to play Wiggins. That kid is legit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    I'll stop making fun of DandyCyclone if we even get a visit out of Thon Maker






  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 62,111, Level: 77
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,618
    Points
    62,111
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 38

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    Humm, if my count is right, sounds like somebody else needs to lose a schollie if Black is on board - and that would be a good get to an already good class.
    For Kansas? Tharpe, Ellis, Traylor, White, and Lucas return. Embiid, Frankamp, Greene, Mason, Selden and now Mickelson come in. Still two more to give.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 12,002, Level: 33
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Bestaluckcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Otley, Iowa
    Posts
    585
    Points
    12,002
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

    Re: Hunter Mickelson

    Kansas makes some tough decisions. "Do we want this fine player or that Mcdonald's all american?" Even if they are one or two short they just offer the next best player from Kansas. He may not be as good but he will be a crowd favorite and work his but off in practice. Several say Self is the best coach in our league. I think he plays with a stacked deck. That's why I am so impressed with what Fred has done and will do at ISU.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM