50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 215

Re: ***Vikings fans 2013 NFL Draft headquarters***

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Nobody that passed on Moss regrets it.
    Uhhhh that is complete ******* ********. That may be the worst and most incorrect opinion I have ever read on a sports board.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 67

Ok, nobody regrets passing on the guy that put the dog in dogazz.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The Vikings telling all the media they want to trade up for Teo is hilarious to me. Just like they really wanted Claiborne last year?

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 968
    Given: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    The Vikings telling all the media they want to trade up for Teo is hilarious to me. Just like they really wanted Claiborne last year?
    yeah, Spielman seems to like play the misinformation game. He had an interview last week where he insisted that the Vikings were definitely NOT interested in moving up, but would consider moving down. Now, he's changed his tune. He's a sly one, that Rick.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    yeah, Spielman seems to like play the misinformation game. He had an interview last week where he insisted that the Vikings were definitely NOT interested in moving up, but would consider moving down. Now, he's changed his tune. He's a sly one, that Rick.
    I saw someone saying that any news about a team trying to move down or up is nonsense, because every single team has explored moving up or down and tested the waters and what they would have to pay/would receiver to do so.

Of course, every team would be willing to trade up if their guy dropped enough and if they grade 5 players equally, they would love to trade down 3-5 spots and pick up another pick or two. It is all conditional. If Dee Milliner slips due to injury and gets to 15 or 16, maybe the Vikings would trade up for him (random example), but trading up for Teo seems unlikely to me when he is certainly not a unique ILB talent. That would dissapoint me, not just taking him at 23 or 25.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 97

I'd like Sylvester Williams with that first pick, and the best available corner with the second.

Agree with whomever said to look for Terrance Williams in the second or third round, and I'd also like to see Klein as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'd like Sylvester Williams with that first pick, and the best available corner with the second.

Agree with whomever said to look for Terrance Williams in the second or third round, and I'd also like to see Klein as a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    I agree with everything in this post.

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'll just go ahead and give a prediction so I can laugh at how wrong I was later:

The Vikings take DT Richardson, DT Williams, CB Rhodes, CB Hayden at #23 if they are available (in that order) OR someone who is very highly rated and slips for some unexpected reason. If that happens they could trade this pick back due to the demand that player would create.

The Vikings then trade down with either San Fran (tons of picks, not a lot of roster space) to #34, or trade down with a QB need team who wants to take Geno Smith, Nassib, or whoever they like. This could be: Jacksonville at #33, Philly at #35, Arizona at #38, NYJ at #39, Buffalo at #41. Basically the whole early 2nd round needs a QB and could want to trade up to get one since none are worth of a top 15 pick. This could create a bidding war as well and the Vikings could really make out well.

Then with their two 2nd round picks, the Vikings pick one of the WRs like Patterson, Hopkins, Allen, Woods, Hunter and the best ILB available whether is is Brown, Teo, Minter, or Ogletree (who will likely be gone by then).

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 75

A couple weeks ago I heard the Bears were interested in Teo and I laughed hoping they'd take him. Now I hear the Vikes might be interested in him and I cry worried this could happen.

I just can't imagine cheering from someone I can't respect...no matter how good he might turn out to be.

CCG

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

I think the most important thing for the Vikings to do is to get the best value at their draft position. With the way I am thinking it will go, we will get a DT and a CB. Hopefully Williams for DT and Hayden for CB or Rhodes. There is no wideout that will be good enough to take at our spot. I am thinking Patterson and Austin will be gone and everyone after that is not great value.

I am hoping in the second round we can catch luck and get one of the wideouts such as Allen, Hunter, Woods or Hopkins. All very good choices. It will be key that the Vikings get value players in round 2 and 3.

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 851
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11

I'll just go ahead and give a prediction so I can laugh at how wrong I was later:

The Vikings take DT Richardson, DT Williams, CB Rhodes, CB Hayden at #23 if they are available (in that order) OR someone who is very highly rated and slips for some unexpected reason. If that happens they could trade this pick back due to the demand that player would create.
    Highly likely that all 4 of those guys are taken before 23.

Give me Alec Ogletree at 23 and Justin Hunter at 25 then address CB and DT.

Rookie
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm a draft fanatic, it might be my favorite sporting event of the year, sorry for the book.

I can't even think of the anger that would be going through my body if they trade up for Te'o. I agree that it's probably a smokescreen by Spielman cuz he's a tricky bastard like that. Honestly, I would rather take Klein or Kiko Alonso from Oregon in the 3rd/4th round. If you put Louis Nix (ND's big d tackle, potential top 10 pick) in front of Klein, there's no way Klein isn't as productive as Te'o was. However, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Alec Ogletree if he somehow drops to them. Arthur Brown also wouldn't be bad. I think both are better fits in the Cover 2 than Te'o.

I agree with going defensive tackle early, but I don't want Sylvester Williams. It just seems like every year there's a bunch of North Carolina, Butch Davis era guys that have tons of potential, but they never seem to be impact players. Williams fits the tons of potential description, but I would rather take a Johnathan Hankins/Jesse Williams/Kawaan Short in the 2nd round.

I think we need to address cornerback in the first round. One of the mid-late 1st round prospects such as Rhodes, Trufant, Hayden are going to be on the board when the Vikes pick, they need to take one. I'd like Hayden. Mike Mayock, who I think is the best draft "expert" out there, has him as his number 2 CB. I would love Tyrann Mathieu in the middle rounds, but he'll probably go before then. I think he has changed, and he's a straight up playmaker.

WR is a tricky position to predict if they're going to take one in the first round. I think DeAndre Hopkins is going to be very good, but is he the "take the top off the defense" guy that the Vikings have repeatedly said they want? He's drawn Roddy White comparisons, so while he may not be a burner, he could be very good. Patterson is too raw to be an immediate impact guy. The only WR I would take at 23 is Hopkins since there's a 0% chance Tavon will be there at 23. Robert Woods in the second round is somebody I would strongly consider. He was a top 10 pick before he got injured this year, and has looked very good in the pre-draft process.

My dream draft would be:
    1. Ogletree
    1. Hayden
    2. Robert Woods
    3. John Hankins
    4. Tyrann Mathieu (I realize he'll probably be gone before this, but I would love the risk/reward pick in the 4th round)
    4. AJ Klein

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jj-cyclones View Post
    Highly likely that all 4 of those guys are taken before 23.

Give me Alec Ogletree at 23 and Justin Hunter at 25 then address CB and DT.
    I've seen all of them mocked to go in the top 18 or so, but all of them going top 22 in the same draft isn't a guarantee. There will be a couple surprise picks and someone will drop. Remember when the Seahawks took Bruce Irvin at 15?

Mel Kiper didn't even have him taken in the first two rounds! The Vikings will have a ton of options. CB Trufant could go there too.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

I think Hayden is the consensus number 2 CB at this point or at least he is in most of the things I have been reading. I really like Woods in the second round, he might be the most ready to contribute next year of the WRs behind Austin. And Ogletree would be a major coupe at number 23. If they got those three with 23, 25, and 52 it would be a home run. My hope is still that Warmack or Richardson falls to 23 (not likely for either but possible mainly because of position). That is the only way I could feel better than Ogletree, Hayden, and Woods.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWCy13 View Post
    I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm a draft fanatic, it might be my favorite sporting event of the year, sorry for the book.

I can't even think of the anger that would be going through my body if they trade up for Te'o. I agree that it's probably a smokescreen by Spielman cuz he's a tricky bastard like that. Honestly, I would rather take Klein or Kiko Alonso from Oregon in the 3rd/4th round. If you put Louis Nix (ND's big d tackle, potential top 10 pick) in front of Klein, there's no way Klein isn't as productive as Te'o was. However, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Alec Ogletree if he somehow drops to them. Arthur Brown also wouldn't be bad. I think both are better fits in the Cover 2 than Te'o.

I agree with going defensive tackle early, but I don't want Sylvester Williams. It just seems like every year there's a bunch of North Carolina, Butch Davis era guys that have tons of potential, but they never seem to be impact players. Williams fits the tons of potential description, but I would rather take a Johnathan Hankins/Jesse Williams/Kawaan Short in the 2nd round.

I think we need to address cornerback in the first round. One of the mid-late 1st round prospects such as Rhodes, Trufant, Hayden are going to be on the board when the Vikes pick, they need to take one. I'd like Hayden. Mike Mayock, who I think is the best draft "expert" out there, has him as his number 2 CB. I would love Tyrann Mathieu in the middle rounds, but he'll probably go before then. I think he has changed, and he's a straight up playmaker.

WR is a tricky position to predict if they're going to take one in the first round. I think DeAndre Hopkins is going to be very good, but is he the "take the top off the defense" guy that the Vikings have repeatedly said they want? He's drawn Roddy White comparisons, so while he may not be a burner, he could be very good. Patterson is too raw to be an immediate impact guy. The only WR I would take at 23 is Hopkins since there's a 0% chance Tavon will be there at 23. Robert Woods in the second round is somebody I would strongly consider. He was a top 10 pick before he got injured this year, and has looked very good in the pre-draft process.

My dream draft would be:
    1. Ogletree
    1. Hayden
    2. Robert Woods
    3. John Hankins
    4. Tyrann Mathieu (I realize he'll probably be gone before this, but I would love the risk/reward pick in the 4th round)
    4. AJ Klein

When all is said and done, more is said than done

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 851
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11

I've seen all of them mocked to go in the top 18 or so, but all of them going top 22 in the same draft isn't a guarantee. There will be a couple surprise picks and someone will drop. Remember when the Seahawks took Bruce Irvin at 15?

Mel Kiper didn't even have him taken in the first two rounds! The Vikings will have a ton of options. CB Trufant could go there too.
    Good point. I still think best case...would be to have Xavier Rhodes fall to the Vikes at 23. Trufrant just seems like a stretch to take at that point when the Vikes have a number of other needs.

ANYONE but Te'o. I want nothing to do with his crazy ***.