Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 274

Re: ***Vikings fans 2013 NFL Draft headquarters***

Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    I think they had a good draft, but I would have liked to have seen them take a chance on another receiver in the later rounds.
    I was hoping they would take Da'Rick Rogers late or sign him UDFA. I read they signed Cris Carter's kid UDFA but that kid has had more of a messed up college career than Rogers.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 548
    Given: 276

NFP Sunday Blitz | National Football Post
    My Sunday Best: Teams That Helped Themselves Most

There isn’t a team in the league that wasn’t popping figurative, if not literal, champagne corks Saturday night. Every roster is improved, every draft was a hit. But these are the teams that might have helped themselves the most.
    1. *Vikings—It’s difficult not to have a great draft when you have three first round picks. They arguably chose the best defensive tackle, the second best cornerback and the second best wide receiver in the draft. Vikings general manager Rick Spielman told me he never envisioned Sharrif Floyd dropping to 23, and no other front office man I spoke with did either. If there was a reason for the fall, I can’t figure it out. He was maybe the best value pick of the draft. By the time the Vikes dealt for their third No. 1 at 29, they were, in the words of one front office veteran, “playing with house money.” So they took a chance on wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson, who could be the biggest boom or bust guy in the draft. Liked the seventh round gamble on Penn State linebacker Michael Mauti too.

*The Vikings are well aware of the questions about Cordarrelle Patterson’s ability to acclimate to the NFL quickly, and have a plan in place to get Patterson up and running. They had four pre-draft visits with Patterson, so they feel they know the kid about as well as possible. Part of those visits were aptitude tests. They are encouraging veteran free agent pickup Greg Jennings to take Patterson under his wing, and they will lean heavily on wide receivers coach George Stewart, who the Vikings consider one of the best in the business. The Vikings also believe the culture in their locker room will be good for Patterson. If all goes as they hope, the Vikings think Patterson can be a contributor on offense as a rookie, as well as a return man.

*The Bucs were out of the first round with the trade for Darrelle Revis, but it would have been quite a different first round had they kept the 13th pick. As it was, the Jets selected defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson in that spot. The Bucs likely would have taken cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who fell 12 picks to the Vikings.\

McShay just said on the sportscenter draft special that Floyd was his best 1st round pick, and that he talked to one team that had Floyd as their #2 prospect overall, and another who had him as their #1 prospect overall.

Last edited by Rhoadhoused; 04-28-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 505

Today could be the day for Kluwe.
    Y! SPORTS

They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.