Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 42,141, Level: 63
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,141
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

    ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Honestly, this is probably the most complimentary write up on ISU that I have ever seen from Creme.

    "20. Iowa State: Bill Fennelly runs as steady a program as there is in the Big 12, and there is no reason to believe the Cyclones will deviate from that in 2013-14. Leading scorer Hallie Christofferson returns, along with point guard Nikki Moody, who was third in the country in assists. The race in the Big 12 is no longer just for second place, and Iowa State could be in the mix for the title."

    Women's college basketball - Preseason top 25 for 2013-14 - ESPN

    Big 12
    Baylor 10
    OU 12
    ISU 20
    OSU 22
    WV 25

    Personally, I think WV is the team to beat next year, and Texas could be in that mix somewhere too.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 14,686, Level: 36
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,102
    Points
    14,686
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 22

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Wow. I am way off as 2012-13 was the year in my estimation we'd break in the top of the rankings. We had Hallie and Nikki this year along with Pop and Anna. Creme sees us equaling last year is generous, if not a little amazing.

    I hope everyone learns to like UCONN because I do not see any other team in the next few years that will best them. They WILL NOT miss Faris and have the top players in the country coming back next season.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 4,403, Level: 19
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mhalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    215
    Points
    4,403
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Honestly, this is probably the most complimentary write up on ISU that I have ever seen from Creme.

    "20. Iowa State: Bill Fennelly runs as steady a program as there is in the Big 12, and there is no reason to believe the Cyclones will deviate from that in 2013-14. Leading scorer Hallie Christofferson returns, along with point guard Nikki Moody, who was third in the country in assists. The race in the Big 12 is no longer just for second place, and Iowa State could be in the mix for the title."

    Women's college basketball - Preseason top 25 for 2013-14 - ESPN

    Big 12
    Baylor 10
    OU 12
    ISU 20
    OSU 22
    WV 25

    Personally, I think WV is the team to beat next year, and Texas could be in that mix somewhere too.
    Corrections,
    Bu-12
    Ou-15
    ISU-20
    OSU-21
    WV-25

    At least that is what the link that you gave showed me. All that matters though, is that ISU 20. :)


    Once a cyclones, always a cyclone.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 38,271, Level: 60
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mitten1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    38,271
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    This is a surprise. I don't like polls, and I think it is ridiculous to project at this point. Still, I don't mind if Creme makes his living peddling this kind of baloney.

    Still upset that this team didn't get past the second round. They were a better team. They sure picked a bad time to get cold from the field.


    "Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 24,291, Level: 47
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kentkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grinnell
    Posts
    1,075
    Points
    24,291
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 165

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Quote Originally Posted by mitten1975 View Post
    This is a surprise. I don't like polls, and I think it is ridiculous to project at this point. Still, I don't mind if Creme makes his living peddling this kind of baloney.

    Still upset that this team didn't get past the second round. They were a better team. They sure picked a bad time to get cold from the field.
    True, but you could also look at it this way: "Georgia picked a wrong day to be hot from 3pt range." I also don't put much stock into the preseason stuff - but I think the preseason rank says a LOT for BF and our amazing Ladies! They deserve respect!


    Utah Utes, Illinois Illini. The University of Pennsylvania thought about following this pattern by calling themselves the Pennsylvania Pencils. However, they were afraid their students would start chanting "We're No. 2"

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 38,271, Level: 60
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mitten1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    38,271
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Quote Originally Posted by kentkel View Post
    True, but you could also look at it this way: "Georgia picked a wrong day to be hot from 3pt range." I also don't put much stock into the preseason stuff - but I think the preseason rank says a LOT for BF and our amazing Ladies! They deserve respect!
    What was bad was the two came together on the same day. Still can't believe Louisville beat Baylor.


    "Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 52,097, Level: 70
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,205
    Points
    52,097
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Crime is freaking nuts. Baylor loses everything except Sims including top reserves. They will be dangerous, but incredibly beatable. I look for them to have 5-6 losses in the Big 12 alone. OU has some big loses as well. If I were picking the top 3-4 teams in the conference the list would include WVU, Texas, and a mix of ISU, OU, and then perhaps Baylor. OSU is a dark horse in my mind.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 11,478, Level: 32
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    697
    Points
    11,478
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    Crime is freaking nuts. Baylor loses everything except Sims including top reserves. They will be dangerous, but incredibly beatable. I look for them to have 5-6 losses in the Big 12 alone. OU has some big loses as well. If I were picking the top 3-4 teams in the conference the list would include WVU, Texas, and a mix of ISU, OU, and then perhaps Baylor. OSU is a dark horse in my mind.
    Although I like the respect shown for ISU in Creme's listing, my first impression is -- what did he base his ranking on??? Guess we'll see. He overlooked certain information, overemphasized other information, and didn't seem to do so consistently. It's more of his opinion and guess than something based on any actual analysis.

    He overlooked the return of Asye Bussie for WVU and the incoming talent at Texas, but seemed to give BU and OU credit for a single strong returning guard. At the same time, he didn't seem to demote Nebraska for graduating Moore, a single strong guard who's not returning. Nebraska, top 10? I don't think so.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 11,047, Level: 31
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    808
    Points
    11,047
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU #20 in Creme's Pre-preseason projections

    Quote Originally Posted by StClone View Post
    Wow. I am way off as 2012-13 was the year in my estimation we'd break in the top of the rankings. We had Hallie and Nikki this year along with Pop and Anna. Creme sees us equaling last year is generous, if not a little amazing.

    I hope everyone learns to like UCONN because I do not see any other team in the next few years that will best them. They WILL NOT miss Faris and have the top players in the country coming back next season.
    Afraid you are right; they have a guard from Ossining, NY (last name is Chong), who is an amazing talent; can shoot from anywhere but is very good from three-point range.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM