Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 443
  1. #166
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,357, Level: 76
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,293
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,095
    Points
    60,357
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Oh, is that what you're calling it these days?

    Fine, using your terms, sometimes I don't like to admit to "reason", either. Like when I say one coach is only successful because he happens to coach very talented players, but not saying the same thing about another coach with even more talented players. That's "reason", right?
    How about the part where I mentioned that Spoelstra led Miami to 47 wins, and the 5th best defense in the league, with a front line of Beasley, Richardson and Jermaine O'Neal? Did you skip right over that part?



  2. #167
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    How about the part where I mentioned that Spoelstra led Miami to 47 wins, and the 5th best defense in the league, with a front line of Beasley, Richardson and Jermaine O'Neal? Did you skip right over that part?
    Wow, he led a mediocre team to mediocrity. I'm pretty impressed.



  3. #168
    Legend
    Points: 200,294, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,492
    Points
    200,294
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 19

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Because pretty much every NBA fan measures rings as a measure of success regardless of the talent level of players on the team. If we're doing that Phil Jackson sucked as a coach because he had Jordan/Pippen/Rodman and Kobe/Shaq to win his rings. Silly argument is silly.



  4. #169
    Rookie
    Points: 13,690, Level: 35
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    578
    Points
    13,690
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 6

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    This thread makes my head hurt.



  5. #170
    Legend
    Points: 280,264, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,702
    Points
    280,264
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Making a meme

    (Wade talks to lj and kd) What if i told you Spoelstra won our title
    (lebron and durant starts laughing)
    Instead of pat riley


    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  6. #171
    Legend
    Points: 280,264, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,702
    Points
    280,264
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    You were touting what Scott Brooks had done with Westbrook, while previously bashing him in this thread.



    I never made that argument at any point. All I have stated is that Scott Brooks should not be considered a good coach if he loses in a series to Vinny Del Negro, and that you can't have it both ways with Westbrook. A well developed player won't cost your team 2 games in a 7 game series.


    But then again, I was arguing earlier that Westbrook is a good player, and that the Thunder will beat the Clippers. And never said anything against Scott Brooks. Just against your arguments and claims that appear to be contradictory in my mind...
    "Brooks helped make Westbrook" is touting him as great?

    what the ****?

    Of course players can cost series...did you watch the Heat-Thunder series? Westbrook was a big reason they lost it...


    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  7. #172
    Legend
    Points: 280,264, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,702
    Points
    280,264
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***







    Last edited by LindenCy; 04-23-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Funny, but f-bomb in pic.
    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  8. #173
    Addict
    Points: 100,677, Level: 98
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    HiltonMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,142
    Points
    100,677
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    "Brooks helped make Westbrook" is touting him as great?

    what the ****?

    Of course players can cost series...did you watch the Heat-Thunder series? Westbrook was a big reason they lost it...
    He was a big reason they were there in the first place.



  9. #174
    Pro
    Points: 67,335, Level: 80
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,460
    Points
    67,335
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 18

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    Of course players can cost series...did you watch the Heat-Thunder series? Westbrook was a big reason they lost it...
    You are mis-remembering that series. It was the fact that Harden disappeared more than anything else. (If you are blaming the Thunder for losing)

    So, did you watch the Heat Thunder series? No way I blame Westbrook for losing.

    Westbrook averaged 27 points, 6.6 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 2.2 turnovers per game in the finals last year.



  10. #175
    Pro
    Points: 67,335, Level: 80
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,460
    Points
    67,335
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 18

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    "Brooks helped make Westbrook" is touting him as great?
    I said good. If you don't think Westbrook is good, then why use him as an example for Scott Brooks coaching him to be who he is?

    Also if you don't think Westbrook is good you are wrong, but I don't think you believe Westbrook isn't good.



  11. #176
    Speechless
    Points: 425,314, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    17,518
    Points
    425,314
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 683

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    You are mis-remembering that series. It was the fact that Harden disappeared more than anything else. (If you are blaming the Thunder for losing)

    So, did you watch the Heat Thunder series? No way I blame Westbrook for losing.

    Westbrook averaged 27 points, 6.6 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 2.2 turnovers per game in the finals last year.

    Jordan your bringing to much common sense to this discussion. Stop It.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  12. #177
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    You are mis-remembering that series. It was the fact that Harden disappeared more than anything else. (If you are blaming the Thunder for losing)

    So, did you watch the Heat Thunder series? No way I blame Westbrook for losing.

    Westbrook averaged 27 points, 6.6 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 2.2 turnovers per game in the finals last year.
    Actually Westbrook was the only guy on the Thunder that seemed to play his *** off.

    Mr beard nutted up and killed my Spurs, made every big shot in 4th quarter of really games 2-6. Then weeping vag'd his way through the finals. Throw in a little stern ref corruption, and the Heat got to avoid the only team that might have beaten them last year., notice I said might.

    Ohh I was ******. I really wanted Tim to get his 5th ring. Then listen to all the Kobe suckers cry. Even though you can make a very real argument how overrated he is.



  13. #178
    Speechless
    Points: 352,818, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,494
    Points
    352,818
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Spoelstra isn't a great coach, He just has 3 of the top 25 players in the league.
    So did Doc, but no one seems to mention that.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  14. #179
    Speechless
    Points: 352,818, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,494
    Points
    352,818
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Other than the Pistons (who had one guy who had a weakness on either side of the ball which was Wallace on offense) I can't think of a team that hasn't had at least two of the top 5 players at their position who won a Championship. Bottom line: talent usually comes out on top. MJ had it around him, Kobe had it around him and LeBron has it around him. Remove that surrounding talent from even the best of the best and results shrink to, at best getting to the Finals (LJ), getting to the conference championship (MJ), or even missing the playoffs. Phil Jackson is considered one of, if not the best ever but he's not getting Orlando to the playoffs and he's not getting Atlanta a ring. I know Phil is a great coach but he's picked his spots and deservedly so. It takes an awful coach not to at least get to the Championship with the Heat roster or something like it.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  15. #180
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ***NBA Playoffs Thread***

    Steph Curry is fun to watch.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM