Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 199, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3
    Points
    199
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Ticket stubs for bowl games

    I made this site and was wondering if anyone had these stubs?

    https://sites.google.com/site/iowastateticketstub/

    1971 Sun Bowl
    2000 Insight Bowl
    2002 Humanitarian Bowl
    2009 Insight Bowl

    Got these....

    1972 Liberty Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972-12-18-Georgia-Tech-vs_-Iowa-State-Liberty-Bowl-1024x421.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19641

    1977 Peach Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1977PeachBowl.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	19642

    1978 Hall of Fame Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978HallofFame.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	19643


    2001 Independence Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001IndepenenceBowl.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	19644

    2004 Independence Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004IndependenceBowl.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	19645

    2005 Houston Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005HustonBowl.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	19646

    2011 Pinstripe Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011Penstripbowla.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	19647

    2012 Liberty Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012LibertyBowl.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	19648



  2. #2
    Prospect
    Points: 199, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3
    Points
    199
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    I wanted to thank Roger for these...

    2000 Insight Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000Insightbowl.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	460.4 KB 
ID:	19778



    2002 Humanitarian Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002HumanitarianBowl.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	19779


    2009 Insight Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009insightBowl.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	19781



    Only need the 1971 Sun Bowl Game.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 165,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,634
    Points
    165,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    The 2000 Insight Bowl and the 2004 Independence Bowl are the best two in my opionin. The 2002 Humanitarian Bowl may be the ugliest stub in history.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 36,971, Level: 59
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    1,955
    Points
    36,971
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 28

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    i still have my tickets for the pinstripe and last years liberty bowl. and kept my pass that let me on the field for the pinstripe bowl too. Im thinking i should keep that stuff for later for mancave decorating or something



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 124,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,525
    Points
    124,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    The 2002 Humanitarian Bowl may be the ugliest stub in history.
    Fits right in with the ugly stadium and ugly turf.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 36,971, Level: 59
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    1,955
    Points
    36,971
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 28

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    crazy to see ticket prices go from $9 in the peach bowl to $55 in the 2013 liberty bowl



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,985, Level: 82
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,465
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In an RV Park, far away
    Posts
    3,642
    Points
    69,985
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 287

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    Quote Originally Posted by giff View Post
    I made this site and was wondering if anyone had these stubs?

    https://sites.google.com/site/iowastateticketstub/

    1971 Sun Bowl
    2000 Insight Bowl
    2002 Humanitarian Bowl
    2009 Insight Bowl

    Got these....

    1972 Liberty Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972-12-18-Georgia-Tech-vs_-Iowa-State-Liberty-Bowl-1024x421.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19641

    1977 Peach Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1977PeachBowl.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	19642

    1978 Hall of Fame Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978HallofFame.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	19643


    2001 Independence Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001IndepenenceBowl.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	19644

    2004 Independence Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004IndependenceBowl.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	19645

    2005 Houston Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005HustonBowl.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	19646

    2011 Pinstripe Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011Penstripbowla.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	19647

    2012 Liberty Bowl
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012LibertyBowl.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	19648
    Sorry man, All I've got is 1/2 of a 1971 Sun Bowl ticket. They tore them in half as we went through the gate and they kept the other half.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-10-2007 03;27;26PM (2).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	19786  



  8. #8
    Prospect
    Points: 199, Level: 2
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3
    Points
    199
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    Quote Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
    Sorry man, All I've got is 1/2 of a 1971 Sun Bowl ticket. They tore them in half as we went through the gate and they kept the other half.
    I think all were torn in half unless it went unused. That game was against Bert Jones the famous Indy Colt QB and was within 4 points in the 4th Q. I can also remember Majors getting an offer from LSU to coach and he turned them down. I wonder if it had anything to do with this game? A few fights broke out.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,985, Level: 82
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,465
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In an RV Park, far away
    Posts
    3,642
    Points
    69,985
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 287

    Re: Ticket stubs for bowl games

    Quote Originally Posted by giff View Post
    I think all were torn in half unless it went unused. That game was against Bert Jones the famous Indy Colt QB and was within 4 points in the 4th Q. I can also remember Majors getting an offer from LSU to coach and he turned them down. I wonder if it had anything to do with this game? A few fights broke out.
    Yep, it was a fun game. Our seats were one row up and two seats over from Keith Krepfle's Dad and brother. When Keith scored that touchdown his Dad almost broke down with pride. They are the two guys in the foreground of this pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-10-2007 03;51;01PM (2).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	913.2 KB 
ID:	19796  



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM