Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 67,917, Level: 80
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,215
    Points
    67,917
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 76

    Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Oregon State game is in two days so we need to put the past behind us and look ahead to OSU. OSU comes in at 3-2 with losses to Colorado St. and Alaska. Sounds like if we are on our game we could sneak out a victory here. Maybe I'm just a silly ISU fan but I'm optimistic we can pull this one out and if so it could be the momentum we need going into December.

    Thoughts?



  2. #2
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 312,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,041
    Points
    312,012
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 1,959

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    Oregon State game is in two days so we need to put the past behind us and look ahead to OSU. OSU comes in at 3-2 with losses to Colorado St. and Alaska. Sounds like if we are on our game we could sneak out a victory here. Maybe I'm just a silly ISU fan but I'm optimistic we can pull this one out and if so it could be the momentum we need going into December.

    Thoughts?

    I think we have a chance especially with WJ now with a game under his belt. Maybe the Lucca ruling will bring the team together. I just don't want to get my hopes up.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 91,556, Level: 94
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,700
    Points
    91,556
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Best quote of the post game interview was WJ talking about how the team just needs to get "mean" sometimes and not let the things like the other team banking lucky shots in get to us. Instead get mad and get even. I like that attitude and hope the team takes what he said to heart.


    Go Cubs Go!

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 135,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,339
    Points
    135,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Best quote of the post game interview was WJ talking about how the team just needs to get "mean" sometimes and not let the things like the other team banking lucky shots in get to us. Instead get mad and get even. I like that attitude and hope the team takes what he said to heart.
    The bad part of that interview was it didn't sound like he was anywhere close to healed yet. I'd hoped this injury was behind him, but it sounds like its going to nag him for quite a while.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,781, Level: 46
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CY ST8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,553
    Points
    22,781
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Yes, it might help also to try to keep them from getting so many offensive rebounds, calling timeouts before the team gets down 14 in a stretch and keep them consistent at working on the turnovers. I am not 100% down on GMAC, but I will just say that there were a lot of things that he would have to blame on coaching with this team right now.


    ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!


    Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 91,556, Level: 94
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,700
    Points
    91,556
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Diante Garrett had a funny moment. I'm not sure what the question that was asked but Diante started this long drawn out answer that wasn't going anywhere and got lost in it then all the sudden just says "I'm not really sure what the question was." Eric Heft just went onto to the next question. lol


    Go Cubs Go!

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 343,407, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,600
    Points
    343,407
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 356

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Best quote of the post game interview was WJ talking about how the team just needs to get "mean" sometimes and not let the things like the other team banking lucky shots in get to us. Instead get mad and get even. I like that attitude and hope the team takes what he said to heart.
    I really liked this.

    What I liked even more is when he talked about how the team gets away from the gameplan after the start of the game and after halftime. He said he noticed it when he was on the bench and when he played last night.

    I like it because that is something very easily corrected via continued coaching and guys gaining more experience. We had taken control of that game only to get away from what was working and give it back to UNI. The Minnesota game wasn't all that different.

    We can win Friday as long as we make some shots and stick to what the coaches have put together for the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    The bad part of that interview was it didn't sound like he was anywhere close to healed yet. I'd hoped this injury was behind him, but it sounds like its going to nag him for quite a while.
    Yeah, that wasn't great. Said the pain was definitely there. How long? I would not be surprised if it bothered him all season to some extent.

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Diante Garrett had a funny moment. I'm not sure what the question that was asked but Diante started this long drawn out answer that wasn't going anywhere and got lost in it then all the sudden just says "I'm not really sure what the question was." Eric Heft just went onto to the next question. lol
    That was hilarious. DG was talking a mile a minute about nothing and then said he didn't understand the question. Quite amusing.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 8,485, Level: 27
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BugDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    520
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    I have watched the Beavs play their last couple of games. This is a game that we could and probably should win. The Beavs are not a dominant team and also relatively young as memory serves. Gill Coliseum was like a morgue at their last home game. They haven't been any good in the 6 years that I have lived out here and their fan base has really taken a hit. I am not expecting a hostile environment for the Clones to contend with.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 17,318, Level: 40
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    frontrangeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    5,521 ft above sea level
    Posts
    1,270
    Points
    17,318
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by BugDoc View Post
    I have watched the Beavs play their last couple of games. This is a game that we could and probably should win. The Beavs are not a dominant team and also relatively young as memory serves. Gill Coliseum was like a morgue at their last home game. They haven't been any good in the 6 years that I have lived out here and their fan base has really taken a hit. I am not expecting a hostile environment for the Clones to contend with.

    BugDoc- get as many friends into cardinal and gold as you can friday night and make it hostile for the Beavs!


    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

    Thomas Jefferson, 1802

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 8,485, Level: 27
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BugDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    520
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    BugDoc- get as many friends into cardinal and gold as you can friday night and make it hostile for the Beavs!
    There will be six all together in our group. We will do our best!!



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 26,211, Level: 49
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,077
    Points
    26,211
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 49

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Good job outta ya, Bug Doc. Keep up the Cyclone spirit out there in the Northwest!



  12. #12
    Recruit
    Points: 6,097, Level: 23
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ISUinOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    102
    Points
    6,097
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    According to group ticket sales and estimates on individual purchases, there could be as many as 200 Cyclone fans in Corvalis. I'll be there.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 11,279, Level: 32
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    loboclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Posts
    812
    Points
    11,279
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by BugDoc View Post
    There will be six all together in our group. We will do our best!!
    Mr and Mrs Loboclone will be there too! Matter of fact I am in Portland now......



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 8,485, Level: 27
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BugDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    520
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUinOR View Post
    According to group ticket sales and estimates on individual purchases, there could be as many as 200 Cyclone fans in Corvalis. I'll be there.
    I hope to be bumping into lots of fellow Clone Fans with their ISU gear on. Perhaps I will even catch my first glimpse of someone wearing the new logo?!! New ISU attire is on my Xmas wish list from the wife!!!



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 8,485, Level: 27
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BugDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    520
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Enough crap...Oregon State anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
    Mr and Mrs Loboclone will be there too! Matter of fact I am in Portland now......
    Welcome to Oregon. Are you enjoying the rain?!!!!!!!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM