Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 801,688, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,460
    Points
    801,688
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,058
    Given: 280

    CFTV: Jeremiah George discusses his new role on the defense

    Last edited by ChrisMWilliams; 04-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 56,066, Level: 73
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    uro cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,380
    Points
    56,066
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 79

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense


    Basketball season is over... you can go back to spelling it George, not Georges



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 432,769, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,949
    Points
    432,769
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 228

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    They raved about J Miller and didn't even red shirt him. According to Wally, Miller didn't seem to put in the work over the years to improve how he should. I hope he did this season and we get to see what the coaches loved about him



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 801,688, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,460
    Points
    801,688
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,058
    Given: 280

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by uro cy View Post
    Basketball season is over... you can go back to spelling it George, not Georges
    LOL. Wow. Wow. Wow. I CANNOT believe I did that.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,351, Level: 72
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,199
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    4,071
    Points
    54,351
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 257

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    They raved about J Miller and didn't even red shirt him. According to Wally, Miller didn't seem to put in the work over the years to improve how he should. I hope he did this season and we get to see what the coaches loved about him
    I think that was also a year where they really lacked depth at linebacker too.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 25,336, Level: 48
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    NorthCyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,440
    Points
    25,336
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 11

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    Poor George. I see they still haven't found his neck. Tell him no more barbell shrugs or his traps are going to swallow his head!



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,859, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,550
    Points
    119,859
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 375

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah Georges discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    They raved about J Miller and didn't even red shirt him. According to Wally, Miller didn't seem to put in the work over the years to improve how he should. I hope he did this season and we get to see what the coaches loved about him

    IIRC, Klein didn't work that hard at first either (just relying on his natural talent), but once he bought into the system and did the extra work, he became a monster. Hope the same thing happens for Miller.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 169,539, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,117
    Points
    169,539
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 304

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah George discusses his new role on the defense

    I like hearing Jeremiah talk. He seems like a good interview



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 119,859, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,550
    Points
    119,859
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 375

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah George discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    I like hearing Jeremiah talk. He seems like a good interview


    He is an incredible athlete, but I hope he works hard in the film room and with the coaches. Based on Burnham's comments, he seems like he may think he knows more than he does, thus he gets himself out of position. Hopefully, he can really learn to excel from within his position in the scheme. And fortunately, he seems like someone who has the sort of relationships with the coaches where he is giving himself a chance to be great.

    P.S. If he gets the same number or less tackles next year, that could be very good because it means that our D-line is making more stops.


    Last edited by Cycsk; 04-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 207,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    longtimeclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Up north
    Posts
    7,817
    Points
    207,179
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 37

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah George discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    He is an incredible athlete, but I hope he works hard in the film room and with the coaches. Based on Burnham's comments, he seems like he may think he knows more than he does, thus he gets himself out of position. Hopefully, he can really learn to excel from within his position in the scheme. And fortunately, he seems like someone who has the sort of relationships with the coaches where he is giving himself a chance to be great.

    P.S. If he gets the same number or less tackles next year, that could be very good because it means that our D-line is making more stops.
    Based on Knott's comments last fall it sounded like he was putting a lot more hours in the film room after Knott was done in the season. He knew he had some big shoes to fill, especially for the OU game, and it sounded like he also wanted to make use of using JK as a resource. I think George has the tools to be a great linebacker, but I think he has to just put it all together. I also hope that he can be some what of a vocal leader for the defense because that could be a huge whole to fill.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 119,859, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,550
    Points
    119,859
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 375

    Re: CFTV: Jeremiah George discusses his new role on the defense

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeclone View Post
    Based on Knott's comments last fall it sounded like he was putting a lot more hours in the film room after Knott was done in the season. He knew he had some big shoes to fill, especially for the OU game, and it sounded like he also wanted to make use of using JK as a resource. I think George has the tools to be a great linebacker, but I think he has to just put it all together. I also hope that he can be some what of a vocal leader for the defense because that could be a huge whole to fill.

    It doesn't seem that "vocal" is a problem. He is an energetic, like-able, leader-type guy. However, he has to become a anchor type player to solidify the defense, not just someone who can be explosive and try to make big plays. And I think most of this development takes place off the field, in the tape room, and with the coaches. Frankly, when he is ready, JG seems like the kind of guy that Wally Burnham works well with.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM