Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 98

Happy...sad

Seeing OU and Kansas both get into the Sweet 16 is good for the Big 12 but knowing we are better than both of those teams is so sad.

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

Re: Happy...sad

Actually, we are so much better than Kansas, it is a little ridiculous. However, these things happen. I am mostly sad tonight, however I have to admit, I am relieved. This is one of those years I have no time for basketball. I am hoping in the future that I will have more time, but I am absolutely useless because I am glued to basketball this time of year. Now I should be able to concentrate again.

That doesn't mean I won't feel sick with mourning for a month.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 60

I feel bad for the seniors that their college careers are done. They all worked so hard to get to this point in their careers and (tonight) ultimately to play at least one more game in those uniforms. But, it was a fun, if not frustrating, season this time around with an awful lot to look back and smile upon.

ISU won TWO games in the Big 12 tournament for the first time since 2008, won an NCAA game for the first time since 2010, and racked up at least 24 wins also for the first time since 2010. The team had one player pass the 1000 rebound mark for only the second time in program history, three players pass the 1000 point plateau, and one of those is coming back next season.

For 2013-14 (wow, that sounds weird!), Iowa State gets to try for its eighth consecutive trip to the Dance in a league where we are far from the only team losing valuable seniors. Thanks for the memories Pop, Z, and Anna!! I hope they are as great for you as they are for me.

All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

(maybe)

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 2,112

Quote Originally Posted by Buster28 View Post
    I feel bad for the seniors that their college careers are done. They all worked so hard to get to this point in their careers and (tonight) ultimately to play at least one more game in those uniforms. But, it was a fun, if not frustrating, season this time around with an awful lot to look back and smile upon.

ISU won TWO games in the Big 12 tournament for the first time since 2008, won an NCAA game for the first time since 2010, and racked up at least 24 wins also for the first time since 2010. The team had one player pass the 1000 rebound mark for only the second time in program history, three players pass the 1000 point plateau, and one of those is coming back next season.

For 2013-14 (wow, that sounds weird!), Iowa State gets to try for its eighth consecutive trip to the Dance in a league where we are far from the only team losing valuable seniors. Thanks for the memories Pop, Z, and Anna!! I hope they are as great for you as they are for me.
    I'm excited for the potential next year in a Griener-less big 12. IMO Hallie has a real shot at big 12 player of the year status.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

I had to handle a fantasy baseball draft and keep one eye on the game last night. Missed a couple players that I wanted as the game started to get real tight at the end. It will be strange not seeing Pop and Anna running the court anymore. They are two of the many special players that BF has brought into Ames over the last 18 years. I know that he will take a break from basketball for a couple of hours and then start working on next year's team and a new offensive skeem. For Hallie's sake I hope that one or two of the new posts will be able not only to rebound and play defense but also score in the 10 ppg average range to take the pressure off of her at times. That being said I think that we will be more drive and shoot offensively next season rather than pound it into the post as we were this year. Big thumbs up to this team and what the accomplished this year. As CR said I hope the memories are as good for the seniors as they have been for me. Now, we need to go out and charm the sneakers off of some 2014 recruits.