Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

Twister Sister Summary - season ends with too much déjà vu

This one got off to a good start with a quick 3 by Prins and a traditional 3 by Pop.our game plan was obvious...work the ball inside and take care of the mismatch. The Bulldogs got in foul trouble early and Armstrong went to the bench with two 3 minutes into the game.

Uncharacteristically, the dogs hit a pair of threes but were struggling from the field and were forced to keep shooting outside and this resulted in mixed results...two airballs and four made 3’s.

Moody was facing a very tough guard and she continued her rough play early with some "typical" turnovers that left you scratching your head. Georgia had the 14-13 lead early behind those deep shots. I was betting it wouldn't last, but early on it made you wonder.

In the mean time our guards were cold as ice from the field. The dogs were playing a zone and our outside shooters were rushing. The zone also collapsed nicely on our bigs making it tough all around on the Sisters. It allowed the dogs to edge ahead 24-21 with about 6 to play.

Hal was in the game with two fouls which made me nervous. Wow...a poor three shooting Georgia team hit 7 three's which kept them in this game. In the mean time, Brynn can't hit anything. The player of the first half was Anna. She was battling!

At the half the dogs had hit 8 threes...ten was their season high. Moody took a wild shot and then didn't play D on the other end allowing the dogs to hit that last 3. The team would pass the ball well and moody would get some retribution with a closing 3 to tie the game at 32 all.

Something different from the first game is that our turnovers are being kept to a minimum with only 4 at the half.

What can I say...the announcers for this game were not only pro dogs...they were next to worthless when you needed information.

It took 3 minutes for the first basket to be scored and it was by the dogs. The Sisters offense was disjointed at best. Pop got our first points at the line to tie it up. A real defensive struggle on both ends. Four minutes in and it was 34 all.

Iowa state would continue to struggle and Georgia would pull ahead little by little. Six minutes in and we still didn't have a basket. Most of it was lack of movement and poor decisions on offense. Stupid passes into double teams and frigid shooting. At times we looked panicked. Brynn really seemed lost. Never squared up on anything. Like she was flinging the ball at the hoop. The game was getting away from us as we still had yet to score a basket 7 minutes into the half. Part of it was the dog defense, but much of it was poor play. Moody dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, and people were standing around. All of a sudden it was 42-34 behind a 10-2 run by the dogs. The ladies needed some offense and at 12:39 Anna got the first basket but the dogs would answer right back and maintain that 8 point lead. To make matters worse our deep shooting mirrored what the dogs did all year...it wasn't working. They were the ones shooting 40 percent and we were cruising along at 22 percent.

Ten minutes in and we had scored 5 points. Not good. And the dogs were warming up. The lead was stretched to 11. At this point the team had made 1 basket and was shooting 10%.

Hal was so far off for much of tonight. A couple of her threes may not have even hit the rim. It was a struggle by everyone. If this was going to be the end for these seniors it wasn't going to be the way they wanted to go out. What was clear, Pop was battling hard. Anna was working hard. Things just weren't falling. The ladies needed the same magic that brought the men back from 13 down yesterday.

Pop made two FT's. Stop on d. Anna gets a Brynn miss and scores. Down to 8. Back to 9. Then a Pop 3 and it was 6. A steal and Hal hits her first 3 and it was a 3 point game! Anna gets fouled. If you want to know how important this is to the players all you had to do was see the emotion Pop showed after Anna got fouled. Pure passion! Anna took a pass and scored. 1 point game! Moody would drive the lane and after a 16-0 run the sisters were ahead! Prins follows with a three and the lead was 4!

Then we lapsed on defense and gave up 6 straight to the dogs and they were back in front by 2. Hal would answer with a 3 and the lead was ours by 1. Georgia would score and lead by one with a minute left. A tied up ball after a wild moody shot with 30 left would give the ball to the dogs.

We fouled and they missed one. Unfortunately the next shot for the cyclones was a rushed deep three that barely caught rim by Anna. The dogs would make 2 free throws and were up by 4 with 14 left. Tough situation.

Pop would get fouled and missed her first shot. Kiss of death there. Made her second and it was a 3 point game with 8 left. We gave up a full court pass for a layup and the game was over. Our ladies were done. Final 65-60 dogs.

It was a great season. Full of great things. We just chose a horrible time to go on a scoring funk. Great comeback tonight. They showed tenacity. Unfortunately it was a three person offense and that ended up costing dearly. Thanks ladies you represented well.

Game notes
    POG has to go to Anna and Pop. Anna was our sole scoring threat much of the game. Pop was the tenacious rebounder pulling in 17 monster boards.

Hal made a great comeback hitting some key shots after struggling much of the night.

Moody struggled all night. 7 assists to 5 turnovers and 3-11 shooting. Georgia's defense really rattled her. It will be another learning experience for our young point guard. She did great things this year but there is plenty to work on. Hopefully next year she will have someone to help handle the ball.

Brynn disappeared tonight offensively. She played some good defensive minutes, but we really needed her offense tonight.

We had twice the turnovers of the dogs, but dominated the boards. The dogs did two things they haven't done all year...make three's and free throws. It was enough.

More coming later as we wrap the season up. Go cyclones!

Last edited by acoustimac; 03-25-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 30

Re: Twister Sister Summary - season ends with too much déjà vu

Good post. Bottom line is that Georgia had a great night shooting. We did not. Georgia guards outplayed ours. Anna Prins played a great game.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 239

Lost their opportunity to hang out for a week in Spokane.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 33

Classy quotes by Andy Landers, Bulldogs Coach:

"It was very much the game that we thought it would be, and we have nothing but respect for Iowa State and the job that they did. They were very good tonight. They shot the three ball very well. They took advantage of their size in the paint and Prins played that out exceptionally well. Just a well-coached game from Iowa State's part. They did what they needed to do, and really did a nice job with it on the defensive end. They were on point. "

I'm sorry, I rambled. Did I use all my time? Can we go now?
    But Iowa State is really, really good. I really hated that somebody had to lose. I'm glad it was them but they are really, really good. I mean, they were well coached tonight, guys, Iowa State

I hate to see us lose - and I'm still upset, but if at least it's good to lose to a team coached by a classy coach.

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    Classy quotes by Andy Landers, Bulldogs Coach:

"It was very much the game that we thought it would be, and we have nothing but respect for Iowa State and the job that they did. They were very good tonight. They shot the three ball very well. They took advantage of their size in the paint and Prins played that out exceptionally well. Just a well-coached game from Iowa State's part. They did what they needed to do, and really did a nice job with it on the defensive end. They were on point. "

I'm sorry, I rambled. Did I use all my time? Can we go now?
    But Iowa State is really, really good. I really hated that somebody had to lose. I'm glad it was them but they are really, really good. I mean, they were well coached tonight, guys, Iowa State

I hate to see us lose - and I'm still upset, but if at least it's good to lose to a team coached by a classy coach.
    Sounds like the guy was over-doing it. We played well, but certainly didn't shoot well, or take care of the ball that well. Truth is, that was a Kansas quality team. We just didn't have it. Our players always work hard, we just didn't hit those few shots that were wide open that we normally would have hit. We missed some shots that should have been automatic for us other days.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)