LE
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LE

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 27,748, Level: 51
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,821
    Points
    27,748
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 160

    LE

    Didn't realize until the Louisville/CSU game that LE interviewed for the Loiusville job in 2001 when Pitino got it. At the time, I kind of felt for Larry when ISU canned him. Will never be a BVD fan, but my opinion of Larry has changed now that I know he wanted to join the stepping stone club.


    Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 101,958, Level: 99
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,311
    Points
    101,958
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 539
    Given: 34

    Re: LE

    I don't know that he interviewed....that part might have been a mis-statement. I know they were very interested in him.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 189,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,858
    Points
    189,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 182

    Re: LE

    Coaches interveiw for jobs all the time. Do you think less of Danny Mac for interviewed with any school that would interview him.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 27,748, Level: 51
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,821
    Points
    27,748
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 160

    Re: LE

    You don't want to know what I thought of Danny Mac.


    Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

  5. #5
    Prospect
    Points: 5,242, Level: 21
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    25
    Points
    5,242
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTB78 View Post
    Didn't realize until the Louisville/CSU game that LE interviewed for the Loiusville job in 2001 when Pitino got it. At the time, I kind of felt for Larry when ISU canned him. Will never be a BVD fan, but my opinion of Larry has changed now that I know he wanted to join the stepping stone club.
    Larry and Tom Jurich, the athletic director at Louisville are lifelong friends. They grew up together in Arcadia, Calif., attended the same middle school and the same high school. They played together on the Arcadia High School basketball team. I do not think Larry ever interviewed for the job, but his name did come up because of the connections. Needless to say, with Pitino being available, Jurich never had to go to his back-up plan of pursuing Larry.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 316,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdrive
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    13,198
    Points
    316,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,649
    Given: 782

    Re: LE

    I was still pretty young at the time - did Danny Mac interview with a lot of schools/who?


    RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD HATE CLUB OFFICIAL MEMBER

  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,419, Level: 25
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    259
    Points
    7,419
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 13

    Re: LE

    I am relatively certain that LE did not interview for that job. I remember the Louisville fans mobbing the free rivals board at the time, certain that Larry was theirs IF they wanted. It was comical how arrogant they were. Larry said publicly he was not interested and I heard from multiple people in the program at the time, that he wasn't interested in it.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,386, Level: 89
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,187
    Points
    83,386
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 154

    Re: LE

    probably just negotiating a raise. no big deal.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 182,359, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,157
    Points
    182,359
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,808
    Given: 1,202

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by somecyguy View Post
    I am relatively certain that LE did not interview for that job. I remember the Louisville fans mobbing the free rivals board at the time, certain that Larry was theirs IF they wanted. It was comical how arrogant they were. Larry said publicly he was not interested and I heard from multiple people in the program at the time, that he wasn't interested in it.
    this



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 22,590, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 960
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,911
    Points
    22,590
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 129

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by somecyguy View Post
    I am relatively certain that LE did not interview for that job. I remember the Louisville fans mobbing the free rivals board at the time, certain that Larry was theirs IF they wanted. It was comical how arrogant they were. Larry said publicly he was not interested and I heard from multiple people in the program at the time, that he wasn't interested in it.
    That is what I remember also. Andy Katz was all over the story saying Larry was going to Louisville and said that his relationship with Jurich and his love for horse racing would get him there. I never remember a single other story that involved LE and horse racing in my life.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 66,811, Level: 80
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,207
    Points
    66,811
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 222

    Re: LE

    This was big speculation in pre-historic internet days and there was nothing to it.

    Fast forward a dozen years and baseless speculation is an art form.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 21,339, Level: 44
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    AllBig12Drinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    708
    Points
    21,339
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 25

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyededric View Post
    That is what I remember also. Andy Katz was all over the story saying Larry was going to Louisville and said that his relationship with Jurich and his love for horse racing would get him there. I never remember a single other story that involved LE and horse racing in my life.

    I ran into Larry in Vegas in between him watching/betting the ponies. This was earlier on in his Southern Miss tenure. BS'ed with him for quite a while. He even bought me and my buddies a couple rounds, he stuck to his diet coke though.

    /cool story bro



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 27,748, Level: 51
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,821
    Points
    27,748
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 160

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by FiredUpCyclone View Post
    Larry and Tom Jurich, the athletic director at Louisville are lifelong friends. They grew up together in Arcadia, Calif., attended the same middle school and the same high school. They played together on the Arcadia High School basketball team. I do not think Larry ever interviewed for the job, but his name did come up because of the connections. Needless to say, with Pitino being available, Jurich never had to go to his back-up plan of pursuing Larry.
    Thanks Fired. Sounds like the CBS crew only had half of the story.


    Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 69,142, Level: 81
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Die4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,659
    Points
    69,142
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 275
    Given: 257

    Re: LE

    Quote Originally Posted by somecyguy View Post
    I am relatively certain that LE did not interview for that job. I remember the Louisville fans mobbing the free rivals board at the time, certain that Larry was theirs IF they wanted. It was comical how arrogant they were. Larry said publicly he was not interested and I heard from multiple people in the program at the time, that he wasn't interested in it.
    As I recall it, their UPS hub was going to be the deal sealer.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM