Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Why this one hurts more....

As I am sitting here trying to figure out how to get rid of the anger, anxiety, rage, pity, and other feelings... I am wondering why it hurts more than in past years.

The only thing I can come up with, is this was a winnable game, in a winnable bracket, and can only be comparable to our Elite 8 run back in 2000. Maybe it's the uncertainty of the future causing me this pain, since so many seniors are gone... I can't put my finger on it but this one really hurts.

My heart goes out to the team... If I feel this way as a fan, I can only imagine how the players feel.

I wish I was rich so I could donate endless amounts of money to our program and build a powerhouse like these other schools. I just hope in my lifetime, I can see the Cyclones play in a final 4.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 633

Re: Why this one hurts more....

I think this one hurts more because this kind of thing has happened to us all year long. This one cost us a legitimate shot at a run to a Final Four.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 22

How fun! We can have a thread about why this one hurts.

It hurts more because a team that has fought the entire season almost pulled off an incredible upset without a starter for half the game. And it hurts because we don't get to see Korie and Will and Tyrus and Chris and Anthony play for Iowa State again. And those guys brought a heck of a lot of basketball joy to me over the last 2 years. I wasn't ready to be finished with those guys.

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,309
    Given: 1,519

This hurts quite a bit, and I agree it is the worst since 2000. But it's not even close to as bad as 2000, anyone that is pretending otherwise doesn't remember the game and the circumstances.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 63

I don't think this one necessarily hurts more than any of the others- MSU, Hampton, NC and Kentucky.
    They all hurt.

DistrictCyclone

There's nothing to be disappointed about here. We went toe-to-toe with the Big Ten tournament champs without our best defender and lost on an amazing shot as the clock expired.

I'll never feel too hurt by a season like this, even when it end the way it did. This "hurt" pales in comparison to the hurt I felt in early 2010, when it seemed like the program I'd grown up watching and loving was destined to remain in the conference cellar for the foreseeable future. That hurt. Now look where we are, just 3 years later...if you ever feel bad about this program, just remember 2010 when we'd just wrapped up our 5th straight losing conference season when McDoormat couldn't buy a win and we had guys quitting on us to go play in Germany.