Page 164 of 165 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2464
  1. #2446
    Addict
    Points: 159,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,990
    Points
    159,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 334

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    He's class of 2012. If he played at TN, he'd have 3 to play 2.
    Not sure how but he is a 2 for 2.



  2. #2447
    Rookie
    Points: 15,830, Level: 38
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    534
    Points
    15,830
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 125

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Nice HS recruiting page. Good group of offers

    Scout.com: Trent Taylor Profile


    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives…..

  3. #2448
    Rookie
    Points: 11,330, Level: 32
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Splendid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    566
    Points
    11,330
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    Nice HS recruiting page. Good group of offers

    Scout.com: Trent Taylor Profile
    Biography:
    Talented DE prospect who finished his junior season with 96 tackles, 13 for loss, and 15 sacks.

    96 tackles and 15 sacks are a ton from a DE position.


    :) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

  4. #2449
    Pro
    Points: 103,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233
    Points
    103,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 0

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Not sure how but he is a 2 for 2.
    I think that must be a misprint where you are reading that, because math would dictate that 5 - 2 = 3.

    Would be interested to see if he is able to petition his FR season as a redshirt if he only played one game at TN and in fact left the team to work on grades.



  5. #2450
    Addict
    Points: 159,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,990
    Points
    159,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 334

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    I think that must be a misprint where you are reading that, because math would dictate that 5 - 2 = 3.

    Would be interested to see if he is able to petition his FR season as a redshirt if he only played one game at TN and in fact left the team to work on grades.
    That is what Trey Scott is reporting so I am going to blindly follow that until told otherwise haha.



  6. #2451
    All-Star
    Points: 23,599, Level: 47
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,404
    Points
    23,599
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 31

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Would Trent Taylor be available immediately or have to sit out a season?



  7. #2452
    Addict
    Points: 159,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,990
    Points
    159,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 334

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Would Trent Taylor be available immediately or have to sit out a season?
    Immediately. Just a normal JUCO player.



  8. #2453
    Legend
    Points: 184,446, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,183
    Points
    184,446
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 274

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    WANT!!!
    90+ tackles and 15 sacks! Yowza



  9. #2454
    Speechless
    Points: 347,627, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,437
    Points
    347,627
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 86

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    That is what Trey Scott is reporting so I am going to blindly follow that until told otherwise haha.
    I don't think he said that and if he did he is wrong unless there is some odd circumstance where he lost a year.


    It's all snark from here on out

  10. #2455
    Addict
    Points: 128,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,001
    Points
    128,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 111

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Holy **** go get him CPR!



  11. #2456
    Addict
    Points: 159,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,990
    Points
    159,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 334

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I don't think he said that and if he did he is wrong unless there is some odd circumstance where he lost a year.
    I guess it depends on how you read it. It's in the premium article. Usually Trey specifies 3 for 2 if that is the case. Could certainly be 3 for 2 if I read what he wrote wrong.

    There is another poster on the scout board that said "2 for 2" so maybe I connected those in my head with Trey saying "2 years of eligibility remaining".


    Last edited by Rhoadhoused; 02-14-2014 at 02:41 PM.

  12. #2457
    All-Star
    Points: 34,624, Level: 57
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclophile1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    1,715
    Points
    34,624
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 13

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I don't think he said that and if he did he is wrong unless there is some odd circumstance where he lost a year.
    There was a note in the Tennessee site that had him listed as a December grad and early enrollee out of HS, in which case they were hoping to assign his initial grant in December of 2011 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Perhaps that early enrollment, if it happened, started his clock technically in 2011? Don't know if that happened or what came of it, but that could (in theory) explain it. It would really be a shame if he burned a year off his 5-year clock on the early enrollment and a second on playing one game. That would be prime stuff to get a year back, I would think.



  13. #2458
    Pro
    Points: 103,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,233
    Points
    103,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 0

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclophile1 View Post
    There was a note in the Tennessee site that had him listed as a December grad and early enrollee out of HS, in which case they were hoping to assign his initial grant in December of 2011 for the 2011-2012 academic year. Perhaps that early enrollment, if it happened, started his clock technically in 2011? Don't know if that happened or what came of it, but that could (in theory) explain it. It would really be a shame if he burned a year off his 5-year clock on the early enrollment and a second on playing one game. That would be prime stuff to get a year back, I would think.
    Enrolling early is a way to for colleges to back log scholarship numbers to keep in line with the 25 max per year, it doesn't change the amount of years a student receives to play their 4. If you work it out, a December grad would be on campus January of 2012, which gives him until January of 2017 - still 3 more years to go.



  14. #2459
    Speechless
    Points: 347,627, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,437
    Points
    347,627
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 86

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    I guess it depends on how you read it. It's in the premium article. Usually Trey specifies 3 for 2 if that is the case. Could certainly be 3 for 2 if I read what he wrote wrong.

    There is another poster on the scout board that said "2 for 2" so maybe I connected those in my head with Trey saying "2 years of eligibility remaining".
    Yeah, I think that's what happened. He can play two but should have a redshirt year available. As far as enrolling early, it doesn't matter.


    It's all snark from here on out

  15. #2460
    All-Star
    Points: 34,624, Level: 57
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclophile1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    1,715
    Points
    34,624
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 13

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    Enrolling early is a way to for colleges to back log scholarship numbers to keep in line with the 25 max per year, it doesn't change the amount of years a student receives to play their 4. If you work it out, a December grad would be on campus January of 2012, which gives him until January of 2017 - still 3 more years to go.
    Okay, that makes sense. It's good that a player can't get burned on early enrollment like that.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM