Page 1 of 165 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2464
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 64,410, Level: 78
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,427
    Points
    64,410
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 92

    Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Well, as I mentioned before... my friend has been giving me some info on kids he works with and has let me in on a few guys who have interest in ISU. of course there was Dwight Williams, who was already talked about. This thread will have info on other kids with ISU interest instead of me having a seperate thread for each kid that I hear about. Most recently there have been a couple youngens I have been hearing about worth mentioning.....

    RB Andre Stoddard - Yahoo! Sports out of South Carolina. Rivals has not rated him yet, and only offer so far is from Furman, but I think he will get some attention soon. Last year, he set the South Carolina record for rushing yds in a season (2,775) while racking up 40 TDs on the ground. He is a power RB who could be a good replacement for Jeff Woody if we choose to add another power back. Andre runs a 4.5 40 and benches 340

    DE Jashon Cornell - Yahoo! Sports from Minneapolis. Offers from Iowa, Minnesota and Rutgers. Good frame to build on. Needs to bulk up, but could be a good pass rusher at the collegiate level. Rivals lists him as an OLB, so he has some versatility, but he prefers to play DE in college. Not sure if he would switch back to LB if asked to.

    Then there are some in-state O-Linemen to watch. I'm sure most of you are familiar with them already, but for those who are not...
    Ross Reynolds - Yahoo! Sports from Waukee
    Cole Turner - Yahoo! Sports from Cedar Rapids
    Christian Ohrt - Yahoo! Sports from Cedar Rapids
    Keegan Render - Yahoo! Sports from Indianola is the 2nd best OL in the state and there is a nice battle between us and Iowa for this kid. Lazard is on the case though, so I'm not worried!


    Anyways, these are just a few guys to keep an eye on. Personally, I don't think we should be concerned with the OL recruiting as much this year, since we have 5 insoming freshmen (who might just make up the best OL class we have ever had), and I believe 4 kids who will be redshirt freshmen this year. I couldn't imagine we would sign more than 3 OL this year. 4 at the most. We need to concentrate on the linebacker position and I would really like to see a star tight end as well.


    This is Ophion speaking.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 422,475, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,659
    Points
    422,475
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 150

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Nice list.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 422,475, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,659
    Points
    422,475
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 150

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Here is an Illinois QB we have an offer out to. Cool name so he fits the bill.
    Tommy Mister
    Tommy Mister - Yahoo! Sports

    If someone has highlights, wouldn't mind seeing him in action.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 38,006, Level: 60
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,867
    Points
    38,006
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Here is an Illinois QB we have an offer out to. Cool name so he fits the bill.
    Tommy Mister
    Tommy Mister - Yahoo! Sports

    If someone has highlights, wouldn't mind seeing him in action.
    On a side note, does Western Michigan just offer every HS player in the country and see what happens from there?


    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 27,363, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,940
    Points
    27,363
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    I see on CR, there is a thread reporting a pending 'Commit' any guesses at who the next will be??



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 422,475, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,659
    Points
    422,475
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 150

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    I see on CR, there is a thread reporting a pending 'Commit' any guesses at who the next will be??
    Oh.....hmm......
    I would think it would have to be one of the players at the Camp.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 72,370, Level: 83
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,605
    Points
    72,370
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 155

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Here is an Illinois QB we have an offer out to. Cool name so he fits the bill.
    Tommy Mister
    Tommy Mister - Yahoo! Sports

    If someone has highlights, wouldn't mind seeing him in action.
    ND looks out of place.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 275,841, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,933
    Points
    275,841
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 928

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Here is an Illinois QB we have an offer out to. Cool name so he fits the bill.
    Tommy Mister
    That's Mr. Mister to you, Bucko!


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 12,052, Level: 33
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Cyclonic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sun City, AZ
    Posts
    930
    Points
    12,052
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 123

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Thanks for making that list and starting a football thread - I needed this.











    The sky is the limit. We are trying to win every game. We are going to try to get to that big stage, the Final Four, and play on. Monte Morris (May 2014)

    CYCLONE CLUB AND SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS JIHAD MEMBER

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,177, Level: 95
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,873
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,073
    Points
    93,177
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 107

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    That's Mr. Mister to you, Bucko!
    Take those broken wings, and learn to fly again.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 728,085, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,068
    Points
    728,085
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,079
    Given: 574

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Take those broken wings, and learn to fly again.
    That was uncalled for. Now that it's in my head, it ain't comin out



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 32,073, Level: 55
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,334
    Points
    32,073
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 42

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Take those broken wings, and learn to fly again.
    Learn to live so free!



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 178,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,651
    Points
    178,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 360

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    ND looks out of place.
    Not if you look at their QB's...




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 94,094, Level: 95
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,929
    Points
    94,094
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 180

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    Well, as I mentioned before... my friend has been giving me some info on kids he works with and has let me in on a few guys who have interest in ISU. of course there was Dwight Williams, who was already talked about. This thread will have info on other kids with ISU interest instead of me having a seperate thread for each kid that I hear about. Most recently there have been a couple youngens I have been hearing about worth mentioning.....

    RB Andre Stoddard - Yahoo! Sports out of South Carolina. Rivals has not rated him yet, and only offer so far is from Furman, but I think he will get some attention soon. Last year, he set the South Carolina record for rushing yds in a season (2,775) while racking up 40 TDs on the ground. He is a power RB who could be a good replacement for Jeff Woody if we choose to add another power back. Andre runs a 4.5 40 and benches 340

    DE Jashon Cornell - Yahoo! Sports from Minneapolis. Offers from Iowa, Minnesota and Rutgers. Good frame to build on. Needs to bulk up, but could be a good pass rusher at the collegiate level. Rivals lists him as an OLB, so he has some versatility, but he prefers to play DE in college. Not sure if he would switch back to LB if asked to.

    Then there are some in-state O-Linemen to watch. I'm sure most of you are familiar with them already, but for those who are not...
    Ross Reynolds - Yahoo! Sports from Waukee
    Cole Turner - Yahoo! Sports from Cedar Rapids
    Christian Ohrt - Yahoo! Sports from Cedar Rapids
    Keegan Render - Yahoo! Sports from Indianola is the 2nd best OL in the state and there is a nice battle between us and Iowa for this kid. Lazard is on the case though, so I'm not worried!


    Anyways, these are just a few guys to keep an eye on. Personally, I don't think we should be concerned with the OL recruiting as much this year, since we have 5 insoming freshmen (who might just make up the best OL class we have ever had), and I believe 4 kids who will be redshirt freshmen this year. I couldn't imagine we would sign more than 3 OL this year. 4 at the most. We need to concentrate on the linebacker position and I would really like to see a star tight end as well.
    Cornell and Stoddard neither one have interest from ISU. South Carolina is also not in ISU's recruiting territory.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 20,329, Level: 43
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atkins
    Posts
    627
    Points
    20,329
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: Official 2014 Recruiting thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    Cornell and Stoddard neither one have interest from ISU. South Carolina is also not in ISU's recruiting territory.
    Are you just saying that purely because of Rivals? Or do you actually know something?


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM