NFL: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 110,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,748
    Points
    110,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 159

    Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Chicago Bears news: Brian Urlacher part ways - chicagotribune.com

    The only thing I don't like about this, is I can just see him signing with an established team, say the 49ers, winning a ring, and the Bears will have nothing.




  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 240,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,262
    Points
    240,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 717
    Given: 509

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    ******* Bears. Stupid mother ******* team. **** them.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 225,063, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,741
    Points
    225,063
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,561
    Given: 97

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Are we even a cover 2 team anymore?



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 3,487, Level: 17
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    100
    Points
    3,487
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 0

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    All this means is that Urlacher had no real intention on finishing his career with the Bears. If he really wanted to, the money wouldn't have mattered. And why should it? How cash strapped could he possibly be?



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 38,137, Level: 60
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    Points
    38,137
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 192

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    Chicago Bears news: Brian Urlacher part ways - chicagotribune.com

    The only thing I don't like about this, is I can just see him signing with an established team, say the 49ers, winning a ring, and the Bears will have nothing.
    If another team really wanted him they could have already signed him.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 110,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,748
    Points
    110,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 159

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballzz View Post
    If another team really wanted him they could have already signed him.
    True, but at this point in his career, Urlacher is likely to sign with teams that truly give him a chance to win a Super Bowl, and it only takes one injury for said team to come calling.




  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 38,137, Level: 60
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    Points
    38,137
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 192

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    True, but at this point in his career, Urlacher is likely to sign with teams that truly give him a chance to win a Super Bowl, and it only takes one injury for said team to come calling.
    True.

    The problem with Urlacher is that he is a 35 year old Cover 2 linebacker with bad legs. Not a good combination for a guy who has lived on his speed.

    I am going to miss Urlacher but the bottom line is at this point he isn't worth the 5 million he was looking for from the Bears. As a Bears fan it sucks but that is the downside to a salary cap league.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 110,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,748
    Points
    110,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 159

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballzz View Post
    True.

    The problem with Urlacher is that he is a 35 year old Cover 2 linebacker with bad legs. Not a good combination for a guy who has lived on his speed.

    I am going to miss Urlacher but the bottom line is at this point he isn't worth the 5 million he was looking for from the Bears. As a Bears fan it sucks but that is the downside to a salary cap league.
    True.

    The NFL is a business and I understand both sides making what they think is the best business move for themselves, but I still don't like it.




  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 38,137, Level: 60
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    Points
    38,137
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 192

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    True.

    The NFL is a business and I understand both sides making what they think is the best business move for themselves, but I still don't like it.
    Agreed and as a fan it is a bummer.

    The biggest issue I have with it (besides seeing one of my all time favorite players leave) is that there is literally no one besides Briggs at LB now. The Bears are weighing that starting 3 rookies at LB is better than starting a 35 year old MLB with bad legs... they better hope the gamble pays off.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 87,482, Level: 92
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,868
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,150
    Points
    87,482
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 69

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    It's time. He's been a great Bear.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 560,667, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,530
    Points
    560,667
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Given: 198

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    He'll probably be on the Packers roster soon. Just a hunch.




  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 36,208, Level: 58
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sigmapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,162
    Points
    36,208
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 28

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    I don't know why he wouldn't swing Chicago for the Super Bowl run. It's not like they have nothing--good (no longer great) defense, Cutler can be very good when he is on, some good backs, definitely problems on the offensive line. They were like, what, 6-2, 8-2 at one point last year before everybody got hurt?

    I know the fun thing to do right now is to jump on the 49ers to win a championship, but I don't know if it would mean as much in the red and gold as it would in navy and orange, and it's not like the 49ers are guaranteed.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 178,518, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,432
    Points
    178,518
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,641
    Given: 430

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    I don't know why he wouldn't swing Chicago for the Super Bowl run. It's not like they have nothing--good (no longer great) defense, Cutler can be very good when he is on, some good backs, definitely problems on the offensive line. They were like, what, 6-2, 8-2 at one point last year before everybody got hurt?

    I know the fun thing to do right now is to jump on the 49ers to win a championship, but I don't know if it would mean as much in the red and gold as it would in navy and orange, and it's not like the 49ers are guaranteed.
    Chicago is not really the place to be if you want a ring. NFC North is a tough, tough division.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 43,789, Level: 64
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    scyclonekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,289
    Points
    43,789
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 17

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Kansas City should take him.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 408,196, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,119
    Points
    408,196
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 620

    Re: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher part ways

    Feeling the DC Redskins for him


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM