Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Cop Kicked Out of Country For Being Illegal

former police officer who stole his dead cousin's identity to get on the force will not go to prison but must leave the country, a judge decided Monday.

Oscar Ayala-Cornejo, 25, was charged in federal court with falsely representing himself as an American citizen after an anonymous tip led Homeland Security to him.

He was arrested May 31 and agreed to a plea deal about two weeks later. He was fired from the department in June.

He was sentenced to a year of probation. The maximum sentence could have been three years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Ayala did not fight deportation. He has said he plans to live with family in Mexico and study computer engineering.

Link:
    Wis. cop must leave U.S. over stolen ID - Yahoo! News

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Cop Kicked Out of Country For Being Illegal

My sources tell me Oscar Ayala-Cornejo just accepted the coaching job at Michigan.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    My sources tell me Oscar Ayala-Cornejo just accepted the coaching job at Michigan.
    I heard he was going to be hired at Iowa after KF left to Michigan.

He's going to be recruiting all the Mexican peope that can run, jump, and swim to the university of Iowa, and this is going to place them atop the recruiting charts, and definately contend for a National Championship next year, many of which hawkeye fans believe they should've gotten to this year with their record.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Yeah why would anybody in their right mind want to leave the U of Iowa program anyway......

"The possibility of Iowa receiving a seventh straight bowl bid with a very young squad has given Iowa fans reason to be optomistic about the future of the program under Ferentz."

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Given people's reaction to my comments on the other thread (http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ket-taser.html) I will only say one thing: NO COMMENT

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Ricky, people had that reaction because you gave no basis for your points. You obviously had a ****** situation happen to you, and that sucks. But does that make it the norm? You throw around percentages of bad cops, how often judges side on the side of cops(99%? I think not). You obviously had a preconceived notion of how cops are, and that's fine, you're entitled to that. But as far as I've heard from you I don't see the "evidence" you're basing that opinion on other than that one crappy circumstance you mentioned. You had one experience with a judge and then claim that a full 25% of them are "nazi like criminals"? Seems a bit ridiculous.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I read this story on another blog, and frankly, the sympathetic nature of the story ticks me off. I mean, the dude just wanted to "help his neighborhood", but because he was brought here as a child illegally, he decided the best course of action was to assume his dead cousin's identity.

I don't know about you guys, but I do NOT want someone enforcing the law, who broke the law to become a police officer. He needs to go to prison for this. Basically, he is a "sleeper" foreign agent, assuming a position of authority in the gov't and no matter how much the journalist tries to put a good face on it, that's the facts.

Now, his Uncle, who assisted him, and is already a police officer, needs to be doing hard time, too. Positions of public trust do NOT need people like that in them. The people who background checked the guy probably need to get dinged, too, though not criminally. A piece of paper in their file would probably do the trick, combined with some unpaid time off.

A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

A Man Is What He Does When It Counts

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think that view is a bit harsh Herbie, I don't remember his age when he came to the US (I read this story a week or two ago) but I don't think he's old enough to be much of a sleeper agent...

Personal opinion though. Personally, glad to see he is just being deported, I mean if he had a clean record as an officer, then I have no problem seeing him simply removed from the country

Oh we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
    and may her colors ever fly!!!
    In Accordance with Prophecy

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Guy View Post
    I think that view is a bit harsh Herbie, I don't remember his age when he came to the US (I read this story a week or two ago) but I don't think he's old enough to be much of a sleeper agent...

Personal opinion though. Personally, glad to see he is just being deported, I mean if he had a clean record as an officer, then I have no problem seeing him simply removed from the country
    I didn't mean that literally. But his offense is fundamentally indistinguishable from what a "sleeper agent" would do.

But Lying about your identity, in order to become a law enforcement officer, is a crime. (as well as unethical) But I don't want my tax dollars paying for this guy's housing and food as an inmate, so out of the country he (and his family) should go.

I'm a big fan of making it easier to come to this country legally. Guest Workers, eased immigration, whatever you want to call it, great. I see the "up to 10 year wait" as a problem. But breaking the law is a problem, too.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yea, what a crime he committed...thinking he could freely come to a country who champions freedom. There was a time in which most everyone around here was an immigrant coming here hoping for greener pastures and brighter horizons. I'm not going on some sappy rant, I'm just saying that everyone is too tied up in legal versus illegal instead of right versus wrong. If examined under such scrutiny the real question is why did he 'change' his identity to which the answer would be because someone said it was illegal to be here. Was it wrong of him to be here? I'd argue no, he wasn't committing any true crimes (i.e. the initiation of force against another) nor was he asking anyone for anything. So, if it wasn't wrong of him to be here, he shouldn't have had to lie about who he was and it would be a non-issue in the first place.

And, just to try to preempt (sp?) some objections, I understand that all apparati of the welfare state are incompatible with true freedom, so in saying all immigration should be legal I am also assuming nothing like welfare, social security, medicare, etc such that no one in the country would be freeloading on another.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,076
    Given: 572

Quote Originally Posted by ekim121 View Post
    Yea, what a crime he committed...thinking he could freely come to a country who champions freedom. There was a time in which most everyone around here was an immigrant coming here hoping for greener pastures and brighter horizons. I'm not going on some sappy rant, I'm just saying that everyone is too tied up in legal versus illegal instead of right versus wrong. If examined under such scrutiny the real question is why did he 'change' his identity to which the answer would be because someone said it was illegal to be here. Was it wrong of him to be here? I'd argue no, he wasn't committing any true crimes (i.e. the initiation of force against another) nor was he asking anyone for anything. So, if it wasn't wrong of him to be here, he shouldn't have had to lie about who he was and it would be a non-issue in the first place.

And, just to try to preempt (sp?) some objections, I understand that all apparati of the welfare state are incompatible with true freedom, so in saying all immigration should be legal I am also assuming nothing like welfare, social security, medicare, etc such that no one in the country would be freeloading on another.
    So you're saying it would be fine if we lived in some bizarro fantasy world? What about the world that the rest of us live in?

Hooray, it's opposite day!

http://www.youtube.com/v/DzCTP2qu0Hg

Last edited by Cyclonepride; 11-27-2007 at 07:36 AM.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ekim121 View Post
    Yea, what a crime he committed...thinking he could freely come to a country who champions freedom.
    Actually, if he wouldn't have lied, and misrepresented himself to become a police officer, with the assistance of his Uncle, he could still be here, doing whatever he wanted, more or less. While he DESERVES to spend some time in prison, he GETS to be deported.

Obviously, you don't have problems with a police officer who breaks the law whenever it is convenient for him.

Again, don't make me into an anti-immigration kind of guy. I think the current rules are idiotic, and lead to scofflawry on a large scale.

Lets get the folks who want to be here, and who we need to remain economically vibrant and are willing to do what it takes into this country in an organized fashion, preserving our legitimate need for security in the process.