Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Have you guys who live in KC seen/heard much about the SEC since Missouri's defection?



  2. #17
    Addict
    Points: 86,467, Level: 91
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 983
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Points
    86,467
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 124

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    This. By tipping the dollar, you are increasing the probability of expedient service. Having been on the other side of the bar, I can assure you that if you are one of those "I don't tip because the bartender didn't do anything for me" people, you're getting lower on the priority list. People who don't tip are usually the same people who ***** about poor service.
    100% serious - bars should have a line to order like Subway.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  3. #18
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    We should add a poll asking how many people pay on a drink-by-drink basis v. just starting a tab. I always open a tab; it's so much easier for me, and I'm sure it's easier for the bartender since they're not having to fidget with money every single time I want another drink.



  4. #19
    Starter
    Points: 18,835, Level: 41
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    922
    Points
    18,835
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 178

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    How about from the other perspective, if it takes you 5-10 minutes to get a beer, should you get a tip?
    Depends on how busy the bar is. If you are the only one waiting and the bartender is shooting the **** with their friends, don't tip. If the bar is jam packed and they are getting a lot of drinks out a tip is in order.



  5. #20
    All-Star
    Points: 28,154, Level: 51
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abcguyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Olathe
    Posts
    1,503
    Points
    28,154
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Have you guys who live in KC seen/heard much about the SEC since Missouri's defection?
    All of the MU grads that work for the Star make sure that the paper features SEC articles regularly. Other than that, I see no evidence that anyone in KC gives a rip about the SEC.



  6. #21
    All-Star
    Points: 51,163, Level: 70
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    isukendall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    1,826
    Points
    51,163
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 34

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUME View Post
    Depends on how busy the bar is. If you are the only one waiting and the bartender is shooting the **** with their friends, don't tip. If the bar is jam packed and they are getting a lot of drinks out a tip is in order.
    Agreed. First of all, a good bartender should never make a customer wait to talk to their friends. But honestly, when I bartended, people in the bar who were my friends were typically the best tippers anyway - probably part of why they were my friends. And when it got busy, as mentioned before, you remember the people who tip well, and those people get better service. What goes around comes around. Look at tipping on your first drink as an investment, busy or not, because the barkeep will definitely remember.



  7. #22
    Speechless
    Points: 401,316, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,863
    Points
    401,316
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    This. By tipping the dollar, you are increasing the probability of expedient service. Having been on the other side of the bar, I can assure you that if you are one of those "I don't tip because the bartender didn't do anything for me" people, you're getting lower on the priority list. People who don't tip are usually the same people who ***** about poor service.
    Sounds like a chicken-egg thing for me. A bartender should provide good service all the time, and not expect a tip in order to do so.



  8. #23
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Have you guys who live in KC seen/heard much about the SEC since Missouri's defection?
    Every Mizzou fan I have come in contact with wants back in the Big XII. Even those that were in favor of the switch.



  9. #24
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    Every Mizzou fan I have come in contact with wants back in the Big XII. Even those that were in favor of the switch.
    I'd take them back in a heartbeat.



  10. #25
    Addict
    Points: 155,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Cycl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    6,499
    Points
    155,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 4

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    Agreed. First of all, a good bartender should never make a customer wait to talk to their friends. But honestly, when I bartended, people in the bar who were my friends were typically the best tippers anyway - probably part of why they were my friends. And when it got busy, as mentioned before, you remember the people who tip well, and those people get better service. What goes around comes around. Look at tipping on your first drink as an investment, busy or not, because the barkeep will definitely remember.
    Oh, i definitly will tip on the first drink if i plan on there being a second, but if i get a second beer that took all of 10 seconds to fill the glass, do i need to tip on that one too?


    I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK - The Partisan Bat

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not a huge "weiner"
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    "Yeah, Chris' weiner is a way bigger get than mine."

  11. #26
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,904, Level: 79
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,546
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    4,931
    Points
    64,904
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 10

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    don't drink and you will save lots of $








  12. #27
    All-Star
    Points: 51,163, Level: 70
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    isukendall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    1,826
    Points
    51,163
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 34

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycl1 View Post
    Oh, i definitly will tip on the first drink if i plan on there being a second, but if i get a second beer that took all of 10 seconds to fill the glass, do i need to tip on that one too?
    Totally up to you. Sure, when the bar's slow, and it doesn't take much time to fill your glass, you can feel less obligated to tip. My point is, it depends on what kind of service you want. The better you tip, the better the service you get, it's that simple.



  13. #28
    Pro
    Points: 40,947, Level: 62
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,985
    Points
    40,947
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 428

    Re: KC Bartender: Cyclones Good, KU Bad

    From what I have seen of KU fans, they don't tip because they think the waiter should tip them for the honor of bringing them their booze.

    Nice article on ESPN about the Mayor, so butt hurt about national support for us regarding the Hilton ref hosing, they can't help but troll it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM