Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 154

Thread: Free Agency

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 9,409, Level: 29
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    9,409
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 8

    Free Agency

    We are a few hours away from Free Agency starting. So NFL fans, who do you want your team to go after and sign?

    Personally, I am a Vikings fan, and obviously we need a WR but also think we need some major help on our DL and our secondary. Also, re signing our RT and FB is a must.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 17,959, Level: 40
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    645
    Points
    17,959
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 89

    Re: Free Agency

    Vikes Fan here also. With our division as a pass happy one I would LOVE to get Revis. He'd be that lock down corner we need, especially if he is healthy.


    Kobe 24

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 230,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,556
    Points
    230,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 109

    Re: Free Agency

    Bears fan- oline and mike wallace.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 9,409, Level: 29
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    9,409
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 8

    Re: Free Agency

    Do you think that the Bears are willing to go out and out spend Miami for Wallace when they have Marshall?



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 230,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,556
    Points
    230,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 109

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by mkleve44 View Post
    Do you think that the Bears are willing to go out and out spend Miami for Wallace when they have Marshall?
    Naw, just a selfish hope



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 170,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    9,793
    Points
    170,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 516

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by 501Clone View Post
    Vikes Fan here also. With our division as a pass happy one I would LOVE to get Revis. He'd be that lock down corner we need, especially if he is healthy.
    That's not going to happen. The Vikings play a defense where the corners play zone and keep everything in front of them and expensive corners do not make sense in that scheme. Not to mention what Revis would cost in a trade, and not to mention that he just tore his knee up last season in the position where it is most important. Not to mention he wants 16 million a year or some crazy ****. No thank you.

    The Vikes just signed Jerom Simpson to a one year deal for what I would expect is near the vet minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the #4 receiver next year.

    The Vikings will draft a CB, MLB, and DT to fill out the various holes. I doubt they make any major splashes in FA for those positions. They could sign a big time WR and will definitely draft one. They could sign a safety in FA. Loadholt wants more than $5 million per year and not many RTs make that, and he is a good tackle but not great. I could see the Vikings going either way on him.

    Felton at FB wants elite FB money, (2-3 million per year) but less than half the teams use FBs and Rhet Ellison was a better rated blocker than him last year in his time at FB.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 300,102, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    16,742
    Points
    300,102
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,126
    Given: 5,939

    Re: Free Agency

    As a Cowboys fan I am hopeful that Jerry goes for every over priced, under achieving FA out there - pretty much like every other year.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 9,409, Level: 29
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    9,409
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 8

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    As a Cowboys fan I am hopeful that Jerry goes for every over priced, under achieving FA out there - pretty much like every other year.
    Al Davis would be proud of him.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 170,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    9,793
    Points
    170,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 516

    Re: Free Agency

    Vikings just cut Winfield. He was nuts last year, but I guess they couldn't pay him. They must be making a run at someone in FA for sure.

    I really hate rookie corners though, the Vikings have not had good luck with them recently.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 9,409, Level: 29
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    9,409
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 8

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Vikings just cut Winfield. He was nuts last year, but I guess they couldn't pay him. They must be making a run at someone in FA for sure.

    I really hate rookie corners though, the Vikings have not had good luck with them recently.
    Winfield is a tough loss. Who do you think the Vikings go after for wideouts?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 230,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,556
    Points
    230,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,886
    Given: 109

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by mkleve44 View Post
    Winfield is a tough loss. Who do you think the Vikings go after for wideouts?
    They resigned simpson.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 183,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VikesFan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    11,675
    Points
    183,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 399
    Given: 287

    Re: Free Agency

    VikesFan here too. I hate to see Winfield go. He's been a great corner for us. I was hoping to get Wallace if Percy was gonna get traded, but I don't see if happening now which is too bad. I'd love to get a receiver like him. I'm looking forward to FA and the draft this year.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,708, Level: 26
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Deanster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    248
    Points
    7,708
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 34

    Re: Free Agency

    Hoping that Greg Jennings will stay in GB. I saw somewhere that had him predicted to go to the Vikings. That would not make me a happy camper.

    I also am hoping that the Packers can get a running back, although I really like Dejuan Harris. Offensive line needs some help also, they can't seem to stay healthy.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 9,409, Level: 29
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    9,409
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 8

    Re: Free Agency

    Vikings resign Phil Loadholt.



  15. #15
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 617,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    23,639
    Points
    617,616
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,461
    Given: 218

    Re: Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    That's not going to happen. The Vikings play a defense where the corners play zone and keep everything in front of them and expensive corners do not make sense in that scheme. Not to mention what Revis would cost in a trade, and not to mention that he just tore his knee up last season in the position where it is most important. Not to mention he wants 16 million a year or some crazy ****. No thank you.

    The Vikes just signed Jerom Simpson to a one year deal for what I would expect is near the vet minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the #4 receiver next year.

    The Vikings will draft a CB, MLB, and DT to fill out the various holes. I doubt they make any major splashes in FA for those positions. They could sign a big time WR and will definitely draft one. They could sign a safety in FA. Loadholt wants more than $5 million per year and not many RTs make that, and he is a good tackle but not great. I could see the Vikings going either way on him.

    Felton at FB wants elite FB money, (2-3 million per year) but less than half the teams use FBs and Rhet Ellison was a better rated blocker than him last year in his time at FB.
    this. Revis will not be a Viking. He does not fit their scheme at all.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM