Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

Re: Tyseanna Johnson All-Metro girls' basketball first team

I watched Tyseanna online one night. Her team was really good. The point guard is also good on that team. I felt that Tyseanna is going to have to get used to the college game. She plays almost all the time and therefore needs to learn to put out full effort while she is on the floor in college. In High School, she didn't need to do that. It will be an adjustment.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 143

Quote Originally Posted by mitten1975 View Post
    I watched Tyseanna online one night. Her team was really good. The point guard is also good on that team. I felt that Tyseanna is going to have to get used to the college game. She plays almost all the time and therefore needs to learn to put out full effort while she is on the floor in college. In High School, she didn't need to do that. It will be an adjustment.
    DeLaSalle is 3A and during conference and though sectionals of the tournament they can end up playing teams they totally outclass which will not be the case in Big 12 play. They do play some 4A non-conference which gives them more competition but I agree it may be an adjustment.

Last edited by BoxsterCy; 03-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

they are lookin for their 3rd straight championship
    De La Salle’s Dynamic Duo Have 1 Final Goal « CBS Minnesota

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 3

DeLaSalle won their third straight title, 65-50. Tyseanna had 25 points and 12 rebounds to lead the team.

This was the fifth straight state tourney for Tyseanna and the team's pg Starr. Both played on Minneapolis North as 8th graders in 2009 and then 4 years at DeLasalle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delasallejohnson_large.JPG 
Views:	536 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	19139

This is a shot of Tyseanna on a drive tonight. From the looks of it, I think she will fit in just fine with Big 12 basketball.

Anyway......congrats to her and her team on the 3-peat! I can't wait to see her in Cardinal and Gold next year!

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

After spending an enjoyable Saturday watching the Minnesota Girl's basketball tournament on Mediacom channel 22, I hope that our coaching staff was up there in mass to recruit. The 1A finals were all Taylor Reiss, a 5-11 So. post from Minneota. A good athlete and probably will end up at South Dakota State. 2A was the Dahlman vs Wagner face off. That was a great game ending with Wagner's team winning 60-59. Wagner made the winning freethrow as well as 50 of the teams points. Younger sister Maddie scored 6 pts too. One of annoucers called Dahlman a greyhound and she is that smooth, athletic player that can blow by anybody on the court. The difference between them is that Wagner is able to drive by everybody too but can also stop and pop on a dime and has a killer quick 3 pt. shot. We missed a good one there. 3A was the Tyseanna Johnson and Alina Starr show. Johnson gaurded and was gaurded be Tesha Buck, a Wisc. Green Bay recruit, all night. Johnson held Buck below her average as well as scoring 25 pts. and grabbing 12 rebounds. What I like the most about her is that all points came within the flow of the game. She went from playing basically the 4 to when Starr went out bringing the ball up the court. This is a very talented young lady. She is going to fit well into our system. As for playing hard all the time, there aren't too many high school kids that do that and it will come with a summer of BF in her ear. The last game of the night was Hopkins vs Bloomington Kennedy. There where 7 Div 1 recruits playing in that game. Nia Coffey was the star of the game and will be taking her skills to Northwestern next year. What impressed me was the youngsters that played in the game. Nia Hollie, T.T Starks for Hopkins and Jasmyn Martin and Kia Russell for Bloomington Kennedy. Martin is a 6-3 8th grader, who is already listed as the top player in her 2017 class. She has the moves and athletic skills of a much older player and I hope that we have her in our radar. The 2013 class is suppose to be the best class in Minnesota's history but after they leave the cupboard is not bare. There are some very gifted young players up there that could help Iowa State in the future. A big shout out to Mediacom for showing the tournaments.

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 22

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by StClone View Post
    And, an odd read: Minnesota Hoops
    Hadn't read this last link. Wow, that's pretty special praise for Johnson. Can't wait to see her play. Very exciting.

Excerpts:

OH WAIT! ONE MORE EDIT AFTER THE ALL-STAR GAMES April 28, 2013

Long regarded as one of the great Minnesota classes ever, the Mighty 2013s are now history. ...

1. Tyseanna Johnson, DeLaSalle, 5-11, wing. Dynamic player both offensively and defensively. Scores from anywhere, anyway, moves the ball, creates turnovers, pounds the boards. Going to Iowa State, where she will be a star comparable to Brittney Chambers at Kansas State.

2. Nia Coffey, Hopkins, 6-1, wing forward/guard. A lock-down defender, a terrific rebounder, an excellent finisher at the rim, and an improving shooter from beyond the rim and out beyond the 3-point line. Moved up fro #41 to #24 in Hoopgurlz ranking. A Northwestern verbal.

3. Rebekah Dahlman, Braham, 5-9, combo guard. A gutsy kid who just refuses to lose. Obviously a terrific offensive player, especially adept at getting to the rim. All-time leading scorer in Minnesota girls basketball. #16 in Hoopgurlz. Going to Vandy.

I've had all 3--Johnson, Dahlman, Coffey--at #1 at 1 time or another. It just depends on who I saw last. All 3 are terrific. When you hear about the great class of 2013, we're talking about these 3. But, seriously, who was/is the best.

Well, Dahlman will certainly be remembered for her 5,000 points. And she also played in 3 state championship games, winning 1 and losing this month in an instant classic. But of course she was overshadowed her last 2 state tournaments by the best of the next gen, Carlie Wagner. Johnson played in 4 state title games and won 3, and also goes down in the history books as the 1st basketball player, boys or girls, ever to make all-state tournament 5 times. Coffey was the obvious star on the 1st 3-peat girls champion at the highest level.

If it's pure athleticism that you crave, Coffey is your girl. Or if it's rebounding and vertical lift, or quickness on defense, the Coffey is the best of the 3. If you're looking for the 3-pointer or a jumper, generally, from the mid-range on out, then it's Johnson. Neither Coffey nor Dahlman is anything special in that area. If it's an all-around game with no obvious weaknesses, that's Tyseanna. But if you want somebody with an Attitude, who just refuses to lose, Dahlman's the one.

So it depends on what your particular definition of greatness is. But, then, there's this: Which one is going to be the best collegian. Coffey at Northwestern, Dahlman at Vanderbilt and Johnson at Iowa State are all going to be facing solid BCS-type opposition, presumably for 4 years, so this will be a fair test of what the 3 of them are really about. My personal opinion is that Johnson's all-around no-weakness game will play better than Coffey's game at the rim and Dahlman's hard-nosed refuse-to-lose game at the next level. Both Coffey and Dahlman are going to have to develop a mid-range game a little bit, while Johnson merely needs to refine the elements she's already got. And Dahlman is going to have to learn to play defense, something that Coffey certainly has already mastered and that Johnson is at least adequate at.

So finally, how you rank them as high schoolers is a matter of personal taste. How they do at the next level will reveal itself and I expect it to reveal Johnson, Coffey and Dahlman in that order.

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

Man...you love to read those comments...

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

If that person knows what they're talking about, it's going to be fun and exciting he next few years. Sounds like it will be hard to keep Johnson out of the lineup. Any way you look at it, BF is going to have plenty of match-up options.

Pro
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

while Dahman would have been a great get, great wings are a little more rare than combo guards or point guards, and Johnson may well turn out to be more valuable to us in the long run as a compliment to Jadda, and Moody.

Another season where I am excited to see the freshman play.

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

Wonder if having Buckley and Johnson contributed to Dahlman choosing to go elsewhere?