Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 3

michigan vs indiana

Was watching some of the second half of the michigan vs. indiana game and from what i can understand, is that trey burke must be the best damn basketball player ever because the entire offense in the last 5 minutes of the game was him bringing the ball up the court, standing around for 10 seconds, and then him driving the lane or putting up a shot. That was their entire offense, the other four guys just stood out of the way. How is that top 10 team material? Is this an anomaly? Do they always play that way?

I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK - The Partisan Bat

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not a huge "weiner"
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    "Yeah, Chris' weiner is a way bigger get than mine."

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 159

Re: michigan vs indiana

I didn't know they played offense in the B1G

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Cycl1 View Post
    Was watching some of the second half of the michigan vs. indiana game and from what i can understand, is that trey burke must be the best damn basketball player ever because the entire offense in the last 5 minutes of the game was him bringing the ball up the court, standing around for 10 seconds, and then him driving the lane or putting up a shot. That was their entire offense, the other four guys just stood out of the way. How is that top 10 team material? Is this an anomaly? Do they always play that way?
    No, pretty much only when they have limited time or in late game situations and I think that's Beilen. Today, they made ISU look like magnificent closers. 1-4 on their last four FTs and 2 of them were front ends. Huge choke job. As for Burke, he did create a very good chance to win at the rim. I don't know. I wish that wasn't what was drawn up and I wish Hardaway would get the ball more in those situations, but alas, it's always Burke and sometimes he does it and sometimes he doesn't. In short though, no, their offense isn't always like that. They also got outrebounded by about 25 which is ******* awful and it makes no sense they even had a shot to win. Sorry, I've just been waiting to vent. As a Michigan fan this season has been very disappointing to this point.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

All-Star
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

probably two of the best 3 teams in the country

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

Was a great game. Michigan has a lot of youth and is going to be very tough the next few years.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Was a great game. Michigan has a lot of youth and is going to be very tough the next few years.
    Maybe. I see them as similar to us. Great offensively but need to step it up defensively. For whatever reason, Beilen hasn't gotten the 1-3-1 to work yet and that team doesn't seem to have much toughness.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Maybe. I see them as similar to us. Great offensively but need to step it up defensively. For whatever reason, Beilen hasn't gotten the 1-3-1 to work yet and that team doesn't seem to have much toughness.
    McGary will get better and smarter at D-ing up in the lane. Would think with their athleticism and speed man D would work better.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 28

Michigan looks ripe for an early exit in the NCAA's. That team is slumping and has been a different team since Morgan got hurt, they are way too perimeter oriented and Hardaway and Robinson III tend to disappear for long stretches.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 28

We'll see, Burke makes that team go. Without him next year, they're going to fall off.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

McGary will get better and smarter at D-ing up in the lane. Would think with their athleticism and speed man D would work better.
    I would think with the length the posses everywhere but at PG, the 1-3-1 would be a turnover machine. Yeah, they have some athleticism but Burke is small, Hardaway is just a mediocre defender, Stauskas isn't all that good defensively as evidenced but Lavert stealing minutes and Robinson is also just a freshman. Morgan has been good, but hurt, and the other guys are young. When Bieldfelt and McLimans have to play like they did today, that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Michigan looks ripe for an early exit in the NCAA's. That team is slumping and has been a different team since Morgan got hurt, they are way too perimeter oriented and Hardaway and Robinson III tend to disappear for long stretches.
    You may be right. Let's not lump this game into a slump but they aren't playing as well. Hardaway does disappear but Robinson is just what he is. He's not a creator offensively so if he's not getting Ejim buckets inside or getting an open look from three, he's not going to give you much.

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    We'll see, Burke makes that team go. Without him next year, they're going to fall off.
    That's what they thought when Darius Morris left. We'll see if Beilen does it three years in a row but he's managed to get two straight really good to elite PGs. Derrick Walton is battling Monte Morris for Mr. Basketball and he looks pretty good. He won't be Burke but with a more experienced Stauskas and Robinson (if he comes back) along with Caris Lavert, they should be able to replace a lot of his production. This was the year, though, and they really hit a wall. I doubt they get past the sweet 16. That said, they are like ISU and could beat anyone on any given night.

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 732

I could watch Michigan play Indiana any day of the week. Just fun, fun, basketball to watch.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I could watch Michigan play Indiana any day of the week. Just fun, fun, basketball to watch.
    I'm hoping we draw them somehow in the tourny. Michigan that is. I think Zeller and Oladipo would destroy us. I also can't wait for the Michigan game next year. That will be a shootout.

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 732

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I would think with the length the posses everywhere but at PG, the 1-3-1 would be a turnover machine. Yeah, they have some athleticism but Burke is small, Hardaway is just a mediocre defender, Stauskas isn't all that good defensively as evidenced but Lavert stealing minutes and Robinson is also just a freshman. Morgan has been good, but hurt, and the other guys are young. When Bieldfelt and McLimans have to play like they did today, that hurts.

You may be right. Let's not lump this game into a slump but they aren't playing as well. Hardaway does disappear but Robinson is just what he is. He's not a creator offensively so if he's not getting Ejim buckets inside or getting an open look from three, he's not going to give you much.

That's what they thought when Darius Morris left. We'll see if Beilen does it three years in a row but he's managed to get two straight really good to elite PGs. Derrick Walton is battling Monte Morris for Mr. Basketball and he looks pretty good. He won't be Burke but with a more experienced Stauskas and Robinson (if he comes back) along with Caris Lavert, they should be able to replace a lot of his production. This was the year, though, and they really hit a wall. I doubt they get past the sweet 16. That said, they are like ISU and could beat anyone on any given night.
    McGary and Stauskas are both going to be studs. Robinson will be too if he stays. They could still make a run, but IMO were just too young and small for stuff to come together this year.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    McGary and Stauskas are both going to be studs. Robinson will be too if he stays. They could still make a run, but IMO were just too young and small for stuff to come together this year.
    I don't get why people call them small. They start 6'0, 6'5, 6'6, 6'6, 6'10 and then bring 6'9, 6'5 and 6'10 off the bench. Yeah, they aren't huge but they are long and everyone is relatively athletic. Young, they were and you saw Stauskas hit a huge wall. McGary was an energy guy this year and Robinson lives off others offensively. Maybe I got my hopes up too much when they were 18-0 or whatever, but they should have finished better IMO. Of course, you have a Wisconsin bank shot, a loss to PSU, and then whatever that was yesterday separating them from winning the Big Ten outright. I still believe that at their best, they are better than anyone in the country. The problem is that when they are that young, it's hard to find their collective best. Those young guys are all going to be great but you only have the best backcourt in the country every so often and it just seems like this was the year. With that, Tom Crean is a ******.

Tom Crean Jeff Meyer IU/Michigan - YouTube

Or so I have read.