Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 181

Re: bubble team article on ESPN

Iowa fans all over that board. Had to troll a bit :)

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

Kansas really embarrassed themselves against Baylor. He says, "Anyway, I wouldn't be able to say any of this had Iowa State lost at West Virginia on Saturday. It didn't, and so I can." Also he should add, Kansas getting smoked by Baylor helped this cause. Kansas just isn't the team that it is billed, they lost their number 1 seed and that doesn't hurt my feelings.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 590

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    Yes, very nice things about ISU. We love it and deserve it.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

First off, we were not on the bubble any more. I don't really care what some of these experts say, we were in regardless of the outcome with WVU. I think they like to list as many bubble teams as possible just to increase readership. We're in.

Second, it is the first time I've seen a writer use wording that actually makes it seem like something corrupt was happening with the KU officiating. For a columnist to actually use the word diabolical when referring to the officials surprises me, but I almost think that is more realistic. Those officials couldn't have been THAT horrible, it had to be on purpose. The real question is, what was their motivation?

Prospect
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

haha ..i posted a link on my fb to that story, highlighting both the Iowa and Iowa State parts. A hawk friend of mine questioned how ISU gets forgiven for the ku loses and Iowa doesnt for a couple of close losses they had. All I could say is "butthurt much"

DistrictCyclone

You know what pisses me off? That Illinois and Minnesota are considered "locks" by most of these stupid experts. I don't give a **** if they both have good RPIs and have won 20+ games overall...when you finish 2 games below .500 in conference play (tied with 15-16 Purdue) because you absolutely shat the bed as soon as January 1 rolled around, you should not ever be considered a lock. Both of them have at least 2 more losses than wins against RPI top-50 teams, and both of them have 2 losses to teams with an RPI above 100.

But both will probably get in because "ooooh, they play in the big bad Big Ten". I hate to say it, but Iowa has a legitimate gripe if the selection committee leapfrogs them to pick both Illinois and Minnesota for the NCAA while they are left for the NIT.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,865
    Given: 1,599

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    You know what pisses me off? That Illinois and Minnesota are considered "locks" by most of these stupid experts. I don't give a **** if they both have good RPIs and have won 20+ games overall...when you finish 2 games below .500 in conference play (tied with 15-16 Purdue) because you absolutely shat the bed as soon as January 1 rolled around, you should not ever be considered a lock. Both of them have at least 2 more losses than wins against RPI top-50 teams, and both of them have 2 losses to teams with an RPI above 100.

But both will probably get in because "ooooh, they play in the big bad Big Ten". I hate to say it, but Iowa has a legitimate gripe if the selection committee leapfrogs them to pick both Illinois and Minnesota for the NCAA while they are left for the NIT.
    Iowa has at least one win over each Illinois and Minnesota, too, right?

If I were them, that would seem like an important point. Better conference record, and wins over those two teams.
    It doesn't make them #1 in the Big Ten (no shame this year), but it should provide some valid comparison with teams right near them in the standings.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Pro
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,035
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 15

What is even worse is that many "experts" pick these two teams to make a surprise run in the NCAA.
    I haven't seen much of I'll, but the gophers have been playing awful ball.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 40

all of the comments on that are nothing but ISU and Iowa fans trolling each other.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 3

Absent a signature win against a legit ranked opponent, I don't see how we have much of a gripe. They have huge wins against the #1 and #2 teams in the country. We don't. If we could've closed the deal against Indiana or MSU that would've been the difference I think. Since we couldn't, and our pathetic OOC schedule, I don't think we have much to complain about. If we can beat NW and then MSU in the BTT, we'll be legitimately on the bubble. If we win the BTT, we're in. Not likely though.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 22

Both Illinois and Minnesota had some good/great non-conference wins, which is probably why their considered "locks". Illinois winning at Gonzaga might be the best win of the year, in terms of resume.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Iowa has at least one win over each Illinois and Minnesota, too, right?
    Yes, although I believe Iowa only played Illinois once. Iowa should have two wins over Minnesota but they were in full-blown choke mode at Minneapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by MNclone View Post
    I haven't seen much of I'll, but the gophers have been playing awful ball.
    Illinois is nothing special. I was trying to claim they were overrated over on HN in late December because they had been shooting freakishly good, especially from beyond the arc, IIRC. I didn't think there was any way they could keep that going through conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Both Illinois and Minnesota had some good/great non-conference wins, which is probably why their considered "locks". Illinois winning at Gonzaga might be the best win of the year, in terms of resume.
    The problem with relying on the OOC is that those games were 3 months ago. That's an eternity for a college basketball team. I believe that games later in the season should probably carry more weight, since I'm sure they're better predictors of how that team will do in the tournament than early-season games when every single team is still trying to find its identity.

Addict
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 699
    Given: 208

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Absent a signature win against a legit ranked opponent, I don't see how we have much of a gripe. They have huge wins against the #1 and #2 teams in the country. We don't. If we could've closed the deal against Indiana or MSU that would've been the difference I think. Since we couldn't, and our pathetic OOC schedule, I don't think we have much to complain about. If we can beat NW and then MSU in the BTT, we'll be legitimately on the bubble. If we win the BTT, we're in. Not likely though.
    Good post, Iowa needs a signature win and they can only get one if they win a minimum of two in the conference tournament. That would legitimately give them a shot. Beating Northwestern is a requirement to get to the game that gives them a chance, but it alone won't do it if the Hawks go on to lose their 2nd conference tourney matchup.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I feel your pain. It's got to suck knowing that you're a good enough team to compete in the tournament but don't have the "resume" to plead your case.