Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 88

Trolls must mean something good is happening, right?

I cruise/troll the ESPN boards for fun sometimes, and have noticed a HUGE upswing in KU and other trolls (but mostly KU) on our pages. It is a bit infuriating, but it can only mean that we are getting under their fingernails a bit and worrying them, no? I say bring on the trolls if it means more success! It used to be that no one even bothered with us.

Hope that little brother syndrome many of our fans have can disappear in a few more years! Hell why not this year!

'Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction.'
    -Einstein

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 172

Re: Trolls must mean something good is happening, right?

I do what I can but am often outnumbered.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9

I hate KU fans. I hope we get the chance to play them again in KC.

Pro
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,477
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 75

On gamedays I like to roll around to the various Big 12 team forums on scout. On Wednesday night I checked in on KU's board. Man, those guys are still real butthurt about all the controversy surrounding the KU/ISU game, and how ****** our fanbase was. You'd think they lost that game. They apparently haven't moved on yet from that game.

One of the predominant trains of thought was mocking ISU because "All they do is pull up and shoot 3's" and how that's not going to cut it in this conference.... because it's not like ISU has the 3rd most wins in conference play the last 2 years. Stupid assertions off the cuff tells me there some anxiety that KU has another hurdle to overcome in the future with Hoiball.

We also "used to be a classy fan base", but our worm has turned and they all hope nothing but ill against us!

It's easy to be endearing towards Cyclone fans when we spent the better part of a decade getting our heads kicked in on the hardwood, but Hoiberg has changed that. F-KU.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Walk On
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Cy View Post
    On gamedays I like to roll around to the various Big 12 team forums on scout. On Wednesday night I checked in on KU's board. Man, those guys are still real butthurt about all the controversy surrounding the KU/ISU game, and how ****** our fanbase was. You'd think they lost that game. They apparently haven't moved on yet from that game.

One of the predominant trains of thought was mocking ISU because "All they do is pull up and shoot 3's" and how that's not going to cut it in this conference.... because it's not like ISU has the 3rd most wins in conference play the last 2 years. Stupid assertions off the cuff tells me there some anxiety that KU has another hurdle to overcome in the future with Hoiball.

We also "used to be a classy fan base", but our worm has turned and they all hope nothing but ill against us!

It's easy to be endearing towards Cyclone fans when we spent the better part of a decade getting our heads kicked in on the hardwood, but Hoiberg has changed that. F-KU.
    Cuz Kansas Don't Want None!

KU fans are clearly not excited about the fact that they thought they had gotten rid of a thorn in their side when Missouri left, considering they would struggle at times with Missouri's uptempo style of play and it hurt their pride. Luckily for that whiney fanbase, the Jayhawks usually came away with the head-to-head 'W' with Mizzou because of the Tiger's little brother complex, which was and always has been specific to Kansas basketball.
    Now, Kansas fans are realizing that Hoiball might end up being an even better form of Missouri's style of offense than Missouri's ever was. The big problem for Kansas is that ISU does not have a Kansas-specific little brother complex. We pretty much just have a GENERALIZED little brother complex to the programs of the Big 12 in general. If anything, I think ISU has proved that it consistently fears Kansas basketball less than we should, particularly during the Bill Self era. In fact, I can remember us playing better than generally expected against KU, at least at Hilton, even in our down years between 2006-2011. If I remember correctly, and I do, KU fans were even butthurt when Craig Brackins went off for 42 points and 14 boards in a losing effort at Hilton in 2009 too. I wish Cyclone Nation had the luxury to complain and tear a team down even after we STEAL a win like KU "fans" do.

How about "Gorgeous Georges" Niang ???

"Gorgeous George's unmatched influence on sports-entertainment can be simply stated — there was sports-entertainment before George arrived and sports-entertainment after. The industry was never the same." -wwe.com

Addict
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 1,119

To answer your questin...Yes. Simple concept. KU is especially hungry for trolling/rivalries since it's red headed step child, Mizzou, left the conference. The best possible thing we can do is create a rivalry with KU. Need to beat them for that to happen though.

Legend
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 562
    Given: 267

Shooting 3's isn't going to cut it in this conference? Funny how thats exactly what they needed to do to beat us in those 2 games...
    KU fans are some of the biggest idiots.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 90

They probably realize that their team should have lost to us twice this year. When have they ever been challenged so fiercely TWICE in the same season by the same team? Aside from when we did it back in 2000-2001.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 15

I am convinced that Iowa State and Kansas are beginning to be big rivals in basketball. I know some of our more stupid fans will say it can't be a rivalry if we haven't beat them much, but that is not true. And we have beat them 2 out of the last 4 times (I consider the Big Monday game a win) and we almost beat them 3 out of the last 4 times. The stuff about the 3 is pretty dumb. That is what this team is good at.....shooting the 3. We don't have some 6-foul allowed 7 foot guy, so we can't play that game. Frankly, I think the fact that we have a good shooting team is something that basketball purists would like.

Kansas fans are bothered that there little scheme was revealed against Iowa State. They enjoyed knowing that the refs gave them a bunch of games each year. But usually the refs incompetence isn't so obvious and doesn't have such a great national audiance. So that bothers them. They don't like the fact that even though they got the win, that EVERYONE knows it was a sham. And the conference even admitted it.

They also likely recognize that Hoiberg almost outcoached the great Bill Self. Hoiberg's game plan both nights this year was much better than Self's. Hoiberg's late game management along with his team might not be the best right now, but I think Kansas fans realize that we could have a star coach in the making. I think they know that it is very possible that in 5 years Kansas may not have the best coach in this league.

I really, really, really want Iowa State to win today. I think that win would make us a lock for the tournament no matter what happens next week and no matter what upsets go down. But after that, I would love for Iowa State to get another shot at Kansas. And if we do and if Iowa State is going to win, I would love for someone to go down and dunk it in Kansas's face.

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 36

I would like to go on record as never being part of a classy fan base that wishes Kansas basketball program well. We have been getting bad calls from referees too long for that to happen with me. I still have a grudge against Michigan State for that NCAA game. I don't have anything personal against the fans or the people, just every game they win makes me unhappy, and every game they lose makes me happy. I don't care for the Hawkeyes either, and the games in Iowa City this year didn't make me any more of a classy fan toward them. A classy fan is one that supports their team. Sometimes you have to be nasty to do that. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

"Cómo te va", dijo el murguista a la muchacha. Que lo cortó con su mirada indiferente
    Le dijo "Bien" y lo dejó como si nada
    Nuevamente... La princesa... Se perdía entre la gente (Jaime Roos)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,771
    Given: 1,488

If they don't hate you, you don't matter.

If they can't leave us alone, we matter. We have welcomed ourselves to the party.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Legend
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 586
    Given: 1,032

They also may just realize how painful those two losses were, and like good trolls, are taking advantage of it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 9

Its because they know that they lost both of the games. The more they protest the more evident it is...

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 58

I'm surprised they have time to troll between protesting soldier's funerals.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,771
    Given: 1,488

Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    I'm surprised they have time to troll between protesting soldier's funerals.
    Only so many funerals, but so much downtime.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/