Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Apple Cup

I was at the Apple Cup yesterday in Seattle. A couple of observations. Man these people know how to tailgate. The number of RVs out here was unbelievable. They went on as far as the eye can see and the spaces between them were packed. It was one of the best gameday experiences I have had.

The WSU / UW rivalry is much friendlier than the Iowa / ISU one. There was not a lot of smack talking before or after the game.

Get this, I am about as far away from Iowa as I can get in the continental US and we see a guy at the game decked out in Hawkeye regalia. The hat, pullover and sweatpants. Head to toe. Is this unique to Hawkeye fans? The same thing happened when we were at the Independence Bowl. ISU vs. Alabama. Hawkeye fans in Iowa running suits. Iowa State vs. Nebraska. Iowa fans in Lincoln in nylon jackets. Washington State vs. Washington. Iowa fans in sweatpants.

Rookie
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: Apple Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Broodwich View Post
    I was at the Apple Cup yesterday in Seattle. A couple of observations. Man these people know how to tailgate. The number of RVs out here was unbelievable. They went on as far as the eye can see and the spaces between them were packed. It was one of the best gameday experiences I have had.

The WSU / UW rivalry is much friendlier than the Iowa / ISU one. There was not a lot of smack talking before or after the game.

Get this, I am about as far away from Iowa as I can get in the continental US and we see a guy at the game decked out in Hawkeye regalia. The hat, pullover and sweatpants. Head to toe. Is this unique to Hawkeye fans? The same thing happened when we were at the Independence Bowl. ISU vs. Alabama. Hawkeye fans in Iowa running suits. Iowa State vs. Nebraska. Iowa fans in Lincoln in nylon jackets. Washington State vs. Washington. Iowa fans in sweatpants.
    There is nothing unique about an Iowa fan in sweatpants!

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

OK, I'm at the KU-Mizzou game last night and see a guy in a Hawkeye hat with the matching nylon jacket. What is it with these guys?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137

I was at a wedding reception yesterday (in Ames, no less), and had the misfortune of being seated with a table full of h**k fans. Weren't boisterous or obnoxious or anything. About the extent of it was that one guy had a gold pocket square in his jacket, with a matching deep gold striped tie. No big deal, right?

Then, he opens his jacket, and the ENTIRE interior lining is made of a Her*y-patterned print. I got up and found a different table.