Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Tim Floyd

  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 2,938, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    underthetemple
    Posts
    232
    Points
    2,938
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Tim Floyd

    Will Tim Floyd go back to USC? I have been kinda following him at UTEP, and I thought he might be there for the long haul, what with the class coming in next year and all. What think you?


    Fred is a good boss!
    -Pa Ingalls, ca. 1879

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,896, Level: 91
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,554
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,351
    Points
    85,896
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 554
    Given: 210

    Re: Tim Floyd

    So USC realizes that they cant win without cheating. Bring back Floyd. Bring back Pete Caroll next. Have the $$ ready for the next OJ Mayo. Have the homes ready for the next Reggie Bush.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 29,063, Level: 52
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,519
    Points
    29,063
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 16

    Re: Tim Floyd

    He's a heck of a coach, but I think he's always played loose with the rules , not just with OJ Mayo



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 206,504, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    11,134
    Points
    206,504
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 274
    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 68,164, Level: 81
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,586
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    5,951
    Points
    68,164
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 168

    Re: Tim Floyd

    i lived in el paso for a year so i kinda like UTEP football and basketball. they have one of the nations top recruits coming in next year. i have followed floyd at UTEP as well and he has done a decent job. if he were to get offered by USC i wouldnt blame him for leaving el paso. worst city in the entire country!!!


    This is Ophion speaking.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 190,709, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    18,088
    Points
    190,709
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 262

    Re: Tim Floyd

    It is about times he changed jobs again. I dont know how USC could bring him back. Maybe he is just trying to get his name out there.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 21,351, Level: 44
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,328
    Points
    21,351
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 15

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    It is about times he changed jobs again. I dont know how USC could bring him back. Maybe he is just trying to get his name out there.
    This. I don't remember all the details about Floyd and why USC departed ways (damn ol' age). But has there ever been a coach who was forced out or escaped before the mob came for his head? Wouldn't this be like McDermott coming back or Steve Alford going back to Iowa Chitty?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 190,709, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    18,088
    Points
    190,709
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 262

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    This. I don't remember all the details about Floyd and why USC departed ways (damn ol' age). But has there ever been a coach who was forced out or escaped before the mob came for his head? Wouldn't this be like McDermott coming back or Steve Alford going back to Iowa Chitty?
    Not even close. He was winning at USC, but got caught paying OJ Mayo. It was never proven but


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,351, Level: 44
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,328
    Points
    21,351
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 15

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Not even close. He was winning at USC, but got caught paying OJ Mayo. It was never proven but
    lol, well besides the winning part it's pretty close. There was a reason he left USC and that was to save his name and save USC. So it would be like me having an affair with our nanny, I get caught, and then bring the nanny back to work after the dust settles. It would be great if it would work, but it sure wouldnl't look good.

    But now a days nothing surprises me.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,543, Level: 68
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,666
    Points
    49,543
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 714

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    lol, well besides the winning part it's pretty close. There was a reason he left USC and that was to save his name and save USC. So it would be like me having an affair with our nanny, I get caught, and then bring the nanny back to work after the dust settles. It would be great if it would work, but it sure wouldnl't look good.

    But now a days nothing surprises me.
    Is the nanny smoking hot ?


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 68,456, Level: 81
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,294
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,304
    Points
    68,456
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 234

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    i lived in el paso for a year so i kinda like UTEP football and basketball. they have one of the nations top recruits coming in next year. i have followed floyd at UTEP as well and he has done a decent job. if he were to get offered by USC i wouldnt blame him for leaving el paso. worst city in the entire country!!!
    Not true. Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland-Odessa all compete for worst in the country ahead of El Paso.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 2,938, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    underthetemple
    Posts
    232
    Points
    2,938
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Not true. Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland-Odessa all compete for worst in the country ahead of El Paso.
    Worse than iowa sitty?


    Fred is a good boss!
    -Pa Ingalls, ca. 1879

  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 2,938, Level: 15
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    underthetemple
    Posts
    232
    Points
    2,938
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tim Floyd

    Quote Originally Posted by 83Clone View Post
    He's a heck of a coach, but I think he's always played loose with the rules , not just with OJ Mayo
    Did you have something specific in mind?


    Fred is a good boss!
    -Pa Ingalls, ca. 1879

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State vs. TCU
  • January 31, 2015
  • 01:00 PM