Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hello there, my State friends.

How the heck are you?

I miss the Big 8. When I went to my first Big 8 tournament, I knew I would see a lot of KU and MU fans, but didn't know about the enormous turnout from ISU. You guys traveled so well and were great to hang out with. This will be the first year in a long time that I'm not going to the KU Invitational™, er, Big 12 tournament.

To be honest, I did not have high hopes for the Cowboys before the season. I thought the Ford hire was solid when it was first announced. But as the losses piled on and the startling lack of any semblance of offensive sets continued on, I started to think "maybe not". It has been a pleasant surprise to see the team grow this season.

So the game tomorrow. At the start of the Big 12 season, I remember looking at the schedule and thinking "crap - we're probably going to need one or two late season wins just to sniff the NCAA tournament and we have to go to Hilton the next to last game". It's nice to not *need* a win in Hilton, as those do not come easily (what with getting proper incentive to the refs and all, grr). It seems the last few games between OSU & ISU always come down to the final few possessions. I just looked - you guys shot 54% 3PT the last game in Gallagher-Iba and Babb made 5-6. Good grief. We were lucky to get the W.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this game will play out. Senior night, mad about the last two games, needing a win or two more for NCAA...I expect ISU to come out swinging. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

One of these days, I want to attend a game at Hilton. I've been to a football game in Ames (around 2004/5 and you beat the crap out of us). Had some great pizza at Great Plains and a garbage burger at...the place you get garbage burgers...name escapes me at moment.

Oh, and what is up with all these early games? This is our third or fourth Big12 game at 6pm. And we had three pre-noon football games this past season.

Have a good one. Go Pokes!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,114
    Given: 878

Re: Hello there, my State friends.

Quote Originally Posted by andyokstate View Post
    How the heck are you?

I miss the Big 8. When I went to my first Big 8 tournament, I knew I would see a lot of KU and MU fans, but didn't know about the enormous turnout from ISU. You guys traveled so well and were great to hang out with. This will be the first year in a long time that I'm not going to the KU Invitational™, er, Big 12 tournament.

To be honest, I did not have high hopes for the Cowboys before the season. I thought the Ford hire was solid when it was first announced. But as the losses piled on and the startling lack of any semblance of offensive sets continued on, I started to think "maybe not". It has been a pleasant surprise to see the team grow this season.

So the game tomorrow. At the start of the Big 12 season, I remember looking at the schedule and thinking "crap - we're probably going to need one or two late season wins just to sniff the NCAA tournament and we have to go to Hilton the next to last game". It's nice to not *need* a win in Hilton, as those do not come easily (what with getting proper incentive to the refs and all, grr). It seems the last few games between OSU & ISU always come down to the final few possessions. I just looked - you guys shot 54% 3PT the last game in Gallagher-Iba and Babb made 5-6. Good grief. We were lucky to get the W.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this game will play out. Senior night, mad about the last two games, needing a win or two more for NCAA...I expect ISU to come out swinging. In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

One of these days, I want to attend a game at Hilton. I've been to a football game in Ames (around 2004/5 and you beat the crap out of us). Had some great pizza at Great Plains and a garbage burger at...the place you get garbage burgers...name escapes me at moment.

Oh, and what is up with all these early games? This is our third or fourth Big12 game at 6pm. And we had three pre-noon football games this past season.

lmao over "KU Invitational™"

We're all in this thing together against the Big 12's chosen team. I think OSU is a scary team this year, but a lot of intangibles that could let ISU win tomorrow. I'll say that OSU is the last team I'd want to draw in the Big 12 tournament.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

OSU scares me the most of any Big 12 MBB team. I have no idea what to expect on Wednesday. I hope the wheels don't fall off.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by andyokstate View Post
    How the heck are you?

Hickory Park, you made two excellent choices for places to eat on your visit

Starter
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

I hope OSU forgot their wheels so even if we have one we can roll better. The game at OU scares me big time because no-one looked good. Where has Will been latley? Can he start dropping 20 a game again snoon plz???

Smoke um if you got um

Pro
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 797
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 656

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    OSU scares me the most of any Big 12 MBB team. I have no idea what to expect on Wednesday. I hope the wheels don't fall off.
    Were you replying to the OP? I couldn't tell because you didn't quote the entire thing.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 1,677

I miss the old Big 8 too. Was trying to tell the kids about the time they dominated the Final Four but couldn't remember the year.

Just hoping we get a game where Curtis Shaw isn't calling The Mayor to say that yes, the refs did blow the game.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 583
    Given: 290

I miss the Big 8/Big 8 Tournament, too. :(

the poster formerly known as chamakhattack

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 39

OSU is the best team in the big12. They will go the furthest in the NCAA also.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 0

I'm hoping for the win tomorrow, and then hopefully we can avoid osu in the tourney.

If the clones bow out early in the big 12 (very possible) I'll be pulling for the pokes to win it.

Also, i know i should cheer for all big 12 teams in the ncaa tournament, but I'm pretty sure the only one I'll be pulling for is osu. I guess they're the only one to not **** me off yet.....yet!

Starter
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by WastedTalent View Post
    I'm hoping for the win tomorrow, and then hopefully we can avoid osu in the tourney.

If the clones bow out early in the big 12 (very possible) I'll be pulling for the pokes to win it.

Also, i know i should cheer for all big 12 teams in the ncaa tournament, but I'm pretty sure the only one I'll be pulling for is osu. I guess they're the only one to not **** me off yet.....yet!

I'll be too busy crying to cheer for anyone else haha

Smoke um if you got um

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

I echo the sentiment that OSU is the best team in the Big XII. Marcus Smart is an absolute star. He makes everyone around him better, and he can make the plays when it matters. This is the last team I want to face on senior night.

It is hard to tell where our team is at mentally. They've absorbed a lot of blows this season, and it may have taken a toll. Hopefully they haven't lost their will to keep fighting. If there is any team that needs some bounces to go their way this would be the team. I'm hoping the seniors get to go out on a high note, but it won't be easy.

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,082
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 123

Thanks for the post, OP. I am more nervous for this game than last week vs KU. Smart is unreal good. Should be a good game. For all of our sakes, hope we win. IF we happen to lose, it needs to be by a lot or with no controversy or 3/4 court shots!

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 234
    Given: 1,007

Welcome!

Echo the OSU love.

Pretty scary when Brown, Smart, Nash, Forte can all go off. I am a little upset that we get another Keiton F****** Page to go against for another 4 years.

Good luck in every game besides against ISU! I have always been a closet Poke supporter.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,338
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 417

I was trying to put off lunch for a bit today, then I read Great Plains.