Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,446, Level: 65
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,682
    Points
    45,446
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Lose Wednesday and I'm not sure we'll get in. 20-10 (assuming a win at WVU) would be very shaky in a weak big 12. Win Wednesday and I won't be very worried. Its good to take one game at a time but I'm pretty sure the guys know that the season pretty much hinges on Wednesdays game, unless they can win 2 games in the big 12 conference tourney which seems unlikely to me.

    Hope they're finally over the KU loss 10 days later and can take it to Oklahoma state



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Lose Wednesday and I'm not sure we'll get in. 20-10 (assuming a win at WVU) would be very shaky in a weak big 12. Win Wednesday and I won't be very worried. Its good to take one game at a time but I'm pretty sure the guys know that the season pretty much hinges on Wednesdays game, unless they can win 2 games in the big 12 conference tourney which seems unlikely to me.

    Hope they're finally over the KU loss 10 days later and can take it to Oklahoma state
    Yeah I feel the same way. The good news is that if it wasn't for the Hilton Screwjob, Iowa State would be on a 23 game home court winning streak. Point is, the guys are tough to beat at home.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 67,985, Level: 80
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,218
    Points
    67,985
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 78

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    I really don't want to watch the Okie st game. I'm pacing my living room already thinking about it.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 26,583, Level: 50
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 967
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    rhillary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    2,004
    Points
    26,583
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 16

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Lose Wednesday and I'm not sure we'll get in. 20-10 (assuming a win at WVU) would be very shaky in a weak big 12. Win Wednesday and I won't be very worried. Its good to take one game at a time but I'm pretty sure the guys know that the season pretty much hinges on Wednesdays game, unless they can win 2 games in the big 12 conference tourney which seems unlikely to me.

    Hope they're finally over the KU loss 10 days later and can take it to Oklahoma state


    Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 262,005, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,212
    Points
    262,005
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 760

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    If we lose Wednesday it's over. I will not watch live. DVR and watch if(when) win.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 26,583, Level: 50
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 967
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    rhillary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    2,004
    Points
    26,583
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 16

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Lose Wednesday and I'm not sure we'll get in. 20-10 (assuming a win at WVU) would be very shaky in a weak big 12. Win Wednesday and I won't be very worried. Its good to take one game at a time but I'm pretty sure the guys know that the season pretty much hinges on Wednesdays game, unless they can win 2 games in the big 12 conference tourney which seems unlikely to me.

    Hope they're finally over the KU loss 10 days later and can take it to Oklahoma state
    I don't think it is literally "back against the wall" have to win, but yes, I think ISU needs to get 2 wins. If they lose against Okie State, they have to win one in the tourney (plus beat WV). If they lose both, they have to win 2 in the tourney, which would be almost impossible after losing 5 in a row and playing at a neutral court against OU and probably Kansas, who the Big 12 would not want to let lose before the tourney.

    Our best chance at not having to sweat during selection sunday is winning the next two.


    Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 20,687, Level: 43
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atkins
    Posts
    635
    Points
    20,687
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    I think that if we beat either Okie State or win one in the Big 12 tournament, we have a 60% chance to be in. If we beat West Virginia only, a 20% chance, if we win nothing, a 5% chance. Best would be if we win 2, and I think there's a 95% chance. Or we could just win the Big 12 tournament


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 734,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    49,067
    Points
    734,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,184
    Given: 1,040

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ271 View Post
    I think that if we beat either Okie State or win one in the Big 12 tournament, we have a 60% chance to be in. If we beat West Virginia only, a 20% chance, if we win nothing, a 5% chance. Best would be if we win 2, and I think there's a 95% chance. Or we could just win the Big 12 tournament
    Sounds about right



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 288,634, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    15,483
    Points
    288,634
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,202
    Given: 3,789

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ271 View Post
    I think that if we beat either Okie State or win one in the Big 12 tournament, we have a 60% chance to be in. If we beat West Virginia only, a 20% chance, if we win nothing, a 5% chance. Best would be if we win 2, and I think there's a 95% chance. Or we could just win the Big 12 tournament
    I think a win at WVU will be nearly as valuable as a win in the tourney even though it would be a neutral win against a stronger opponent. Having a .500 record in conference would be hard for the selection committee to ignore.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 10,824, Level: 31
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TheJackWePack5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA.
    Posts
    493
    Points
    10,824
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 8

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    We're going to have to win 2 games to solidify the NCAA bid....IMO.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 10,824, Level: 31
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TheJackWePack5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA.
    Posts
    493
    Points
    10,824
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 8

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Side note, what i would do to somehow match up with Iowa in the NCAA's (assuming they are last 4 in) and beat them on a neutral floor. That would just be awesome.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,440, Level: 89
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,199
    Points
    83,440
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 162

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    ISU Iowa NIT match up, baby! I am so excited. It doesn't matter where we play them - regular season, NCAA, NIT or CIT. As long as we play Iowa. That's what's important. This is it. Superbowl time!



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 15,110, Level: 37
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Points
    15,110
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 190

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Kansas cheats. The KU jayhawk-industrial complex is attempting to cover it up. Iowa State GSB are ****** bags.

    Are Big 12 referees going to be working the Big 12 tournament? If so, we are out of the NCAA. If they can hire some junior high referees from the Missouri side of the border, we could stand a chance to win a game or three.

    If you are letting this latest instance of KU/officiating go, then you are part of the problem. KU needs to go on probation for the illegal recruting, steroid use, academic fraud, and other high crimes and miscdemeanors it is guilty of.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Notebook: Cyclones on bubble but still in a good spot

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackWePack5 View Post
    Side note, what i would do to somehow match up with Iowa in the NCAA's (assuming they are last 4 in) and beat them on a neutral floor. That would just be awesome.
    Iowa is nowhere close to being in, unless they get to the finals of the Big 10 Tourney. Their RPI is still awful.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM