Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Notre Dame @ Stanford

Tied at 14, Stanford bringing in their third string QB, 9:30 or so left in the 4th.

Whoops, they bring in the first stringer after being concussed.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 27

Re: Notre Dame @ Stanford

Go Cardinal.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Fighting Irish 21 Stanford 14

How about those Irish!! I have been a Notre Dame fan all my life. Last week I took my son out to the Notre Dame vs Duke game. That was the greatest experience I have ever had. I do not see how anyone could turn down the Irish. The campus is so beautiful and their is so much tradition and pride. We went to the Coaches lunch, the pep rally, and toured the campus. I would encourage everyone to go to a Notre dame game. Earlier this season they had 50,000 people at the Pep Rally when they played USC. The difference between Notre Dame and Iowa State is that they are a National Team and Iowa State is more of a State or Regional team. If I had to do it over again I would of transferred to Notre Dame after playing two years of Junior College Basketball. They have intramural full padded tackle football. Last Sunday they had the championship game at Notre Dame Stadium. After visiting the campus I fully believe that Notre Dame is the Greatest University in the World. A degree from Notre Dame commands respect. A degree from Iowa State is not really worth that much compared to Notre Dame. Go Irish!! By the way I am a Cyclone fan also but we will never be Notre Dame!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

You are entitled to your own opinion all you want mauiclone but to say that a degree from ISU somehow pales in comparison to a degree from ND is one of if not the most ignorant statements I have read on this message board. You obviously know nothing about ISU and its engineering, vet, or agricultural programs which rank up near the top, if not the top in the nation.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I'm glad to hear that ND has padded intramural football... maybe the champion of that league could beat Charlie's team...

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I went to a Notre Dame vs: USC game a few years ago. I went on a campus tour a few hours before the game, did some tailgating, & went to a pep rally before the game.

I'm certainly not trying to be contrary, but to be honest, I wasn't very impressed. The campus was very nice, but IMO Iowa State's campus is just as beautiful! Although ND has 98K people at their games, I didn't really think the pre-game festivities were very good either. The game atmosphere was great & I certainly agree that ISU will never have the tradition that ND has, but to say that ND surpasses Iowa State across the board: well from my own experience, I couldn't disagree more!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 27

We are spoiled here at ISU for tailgaiting. Most schools do not have the huge lots near their stadiums that ISU has. We have one of the better tailgaiting atmospheres in college football.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Agreed, I've been to about a dozen different college football venues around the country & ISU rivals anywhere I've been so far.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 268

Stanford is the worst PAC 10 team.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 268

Cuts down on the traffic as half the crowd or tailgaters arrive early.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,267
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Re: Fighting Irish 21 Stanford 14

Quote Originally Posted by mauiclone View Post
    How about those Irish!! I have been a Notre Dame fan all my life. Last week I took my son out to the Notre Dame vs Duke game. That was the greatest experience I have ever had. I do not see how anyone could turn down the Irish. The campus is so beautiful and their is so much tradition and pride. We went to the Coaches lunch, the pep rally, and toured the campus. I would encourage everyone to go to a Notre dame game. Earlier this season they had 50,000 people at the Pep Rally when they played USC. The difference between Notre Dame and Iowa State is that they are a National Team and Iowa State is more of a State or Regional team. If I had to do it over again I would of transferred to Notre Dame after playing two years of Junior College Basketball. They have intramural full padded tackle football. Last Sunday they had the championship game at Notre Dame Stadium. After visiting the campus I fully believe that Notre Dame is the Greatest University in the World. A degree from Notre Dame commands respect. A degree from Iowa State is not really worth that much compared to Notre Dame. Go Irish!! By the way I am a Cyclone fan also but we will never be Notre Dame!!
    I grew up 45 minutes from South Bend, and ND fans are in the top 5 worst fan base in the nation, somewhere mixed in with Hawaii, Iowa and Nebraska in my book. They somehow believe that they are entitled to pretty much everything due to their "tradition" which is pretty lacking in the last 30 years or so. They haven't won a bowl game in over 10 years. ISU has had more success than that recently. No program in the nation lives on it's reputation more than Notre Dame. It's like a supersized version of the Hawkeyes. So what you won a bunch of national championships 70 years ago. So did Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Cornell. Hell, Minnesota won 5 championships in 8 years in the 30s. Notre Dame NEVER had a streak like that. You don't see Minnesota living off of that. Living in the present, Notre Dame is just a average program who's success has been largely overrated, and I think nothing proves that more than it's bowl history. Had ND been invited to bowls that they truly had business being in in the first place, they would have a couple Ws under their belt by now.

I hope they lose every game for the next 100 years. A small part of me dies every time they win.

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Re: Fighting Irish 21 Stanford 14

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    ...ND fans are in the top 5 worst fan base in the nation...
    Are you kidding? 2 friends and I went to the Tennessee @ ND game 2 years ago and it was AWESOME. We walked around their tailgating lots, knowing no one there, and every single tailgate we passed offered us food and drinks; EVERY ONE!

The campus is very neat and the game day atmosphere is second to none. We walked around before the game, stopping to talk with numerous people, and had a great time. During the game, we stood in the standing alumni section (right next to the students); talk about energy. I can't wait to go to another game at Notre Dame!!!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Another neat thing about Notre Dame is that the Student Body is so United. Regardless of the score this year they stay for the WHOLE GAME and cheer in unison the whole game. 95% of the undergratuates purchase Football season tickets. The students have the teams back unlike most colleges where students go on the internet and bad mouth their own players. I'm guessing a lot of the folks who do not like Notre Dame are probably protesants. The Notre Dame team goes to Mass two and a half hours before each home game and people wait outsite to cheer them as they walk to the stadium. The neat thing about a Catholic University is that the fans and people are so nice. When we were walking on campus you would see Notre Dame Fans tell Duke Fans Welcome to Notre Dame. I remember how unfriendly and cold Iowa State was when I was a student. If someone does not know you they will not say Hi. Iowa State was very Cold and Impersonal when I went there. I just wish we could create a culture at Iowa State like Notre Dame.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 15

Another neat thing about Notre Dame is that the Student Body is so United. Regardless of the score this year they stay for the WHOLE GAME and cheer in unison the whole game. 95% of the undergratuates purchase Football season tickets. The students have the teams back unlike most colleges where students go on the internet and bad mouth their own players. I'm guessing a lot of the folks who do not like Notre Dame are probably protesants. The Notre Dame team goes to Mass two and a half hours before each home game and people wait outsite to cheer them as they walk to the stadium. The neat thing about a Catholic University is that the fans and people are so nice. When we were walking on campus you would see Notre Dame Fans tell Duke Fans Welcome to Notre Dame. I remember how unfriendly and cold Iowa State was when I was a student. If someone does not know you they will not say Hi. Iowa State was very Cold and Impersonal when I went there. I just wish we could create a culture at Iowa State like Notre Dame.
    When did you go to college???? I hear nothing but good things about our fans. Specially once you get away from the student lots. No offense to the students, but some of them can be out right d*cks. And that happens everywhere.

As for alumni and others that come, you can't find a more friendly crowd. Heck we offered fans from other teams beer and food all the time and challenge them to taigating games.

I never see people argue and be cold...

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Wow, religious beliefs make me hate the Irish. Right. Maybe we can be more like Notre Dame though. Hey guys, let's hire a fat guy and lose a bunch of games!

"Seven minutes to glory."