Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 41

Quotes

From UNLV's head coach:

“I thought the final play should have been reviewed. I really don’t believe we lost, because the play wasn’t reviewed, it was too controversial to not review it.”

“I wasn’t given an answer of why the last play was not reviewed.”

“The officials should have at least reviewed the final play of the game. That is why college football now has instant replay.”

The last time I checked, every play is "reviewed" they just ask for more time sometimes.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,897
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    From the Review Official:

On The Last Play (incomplete pass):
    “I deemed it a reviewable play, reviewed it, and did not overrule the play.”

On the clock starting on the last play:
    “We buzzed the officials about the play on first down (UNLV catch and potential fumble). The play was a pass play caught by the UNLV receiver. It was a definitive catch after we reviewed it (no fumble). By the time we had the play buzzed, UNLV had spiked the ball. Because we buzzed them and challenged the play before the spike, the spike (on second down) was negated (no play). Then we went back to where the clock was at the
    time when the review was called after the potential fumble (on the pass play). That is why :07 seconds were put on the clock and the clock started immediately after the snap (game’s final play).”

bunch of crap about the fumble!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    From Mac:

On Todd Blythe…
    “I think they [UNLV] did a real good job. Obviously No. 21 is one of the best defensive backs we will see all year. It is not like we were not trying to get him the ball, believe me. Their secondary did a real good job and their secondary did real well with the underneath coverage.”

See...It's not like they're not trying to get Blythe the ball. Everyone simmer down now.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Oh, and here is the Link for all the post-game quotes.

Rookie
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 25
    Interesting post-game quotes... Mac saying we need to give more opportunities to Hicks. No we don't, he had 23 carries along w/ a reception out of the backfield. We need to step it up and throw more. To run the ball 60% of the time to the 40% we passed tonight is silly. And find ways to get the ball to Blythe.

The UNLV coach though outdid Mac on stupid quotes. "I really don't believe we lost..." "We should have clearly won the game..." then this one takes the cake, "... but we need to learn how to put teams away"... Hate to break it to you coach, but you lost. You wouldn't have even been in this position if the officials had reviewed that play where you QB fumbled it on the drive for your first TD but ruled he was down. Then you clearly shouldn't have won the game. ISU's offense, special teams, and the officials did about everything in their power to allow you a shot to win. As for you have to learn how to put teams away. Are you serious? You were down most of the game by double digits; how in the world are you going to put teams away when you are losing?

Weird game. I'm happy for the win, but this is ridiculous. Things need to change quickly or this will be a long year in the B12.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    then this one takes the cake, "... but we need to learn how to put teams away"

I agree, I laughed my @$$ off at that quote. last time I checked, you had to be ahead to put teams away. Unless he was talking about putting us away in the first quarter after that FG? IDK, I'm just

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Well, here we are after two weeks with even more questions. Nice game plan coach. I am sure that UNLV is better than they were last year, but 16-10 AT HOME???? Are you freakin' kidding me????
    Look I like to watch balanced offenses as much as the next guy, but come on. It's like Mac wants to be criticized, so when he wins 6 games this year (IF???) He can tell us all what a great job he's done.
    I hate Iowa, but my goodness two years ago, WITH NO RUNNING GAME, the won 10 games. How did they do that??? They threw the ball.
    Hicks is a VERY average back, but if you run an offense that minimizes his weaknesses (he's PAINFULLY SSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWW) he can be effective. Now Mac wants to give him the ball more when we ran less than 25 plays in the second half??? You're kidding??? Right Mac???
    The sad part is that right now we're two games into the season, and does anyone on here realistically feel that we have a chance to win the North???
    I'm sure that the kool aid drinkers are going to say that we'll improve over the year, but let's be honest MAC IS A HORRIBLE IN GAME COACH!!!!!

Jeffrey A Crawford